Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

3 wins and 1 draw is the amount needed to ensure both Arsenal and Spurs would need to win all of their remaining games to catch us (Arse on goal difference) if I've worked that out correctly!

3 wins and a draw puts us on 79, Spurs winning all six puts them on 80, also to point out 3 wins and 2 draws puts us on 80 too but almost certainly behind Spurs on goal difference (unless we beat Sunderland 0-12 or something which given their tendency to capitulate can't be 100% ruled out lol).

We aren't there, but we are seriously close. If we have a repeat of the weekend just gone, we win and Spurs don't, then we are going to need one of the most hideous turns in form to not win it.

Over the last year we have played 41 league games against a total of 21 different clubs.

Only 1 club, Arsenal, have taken more points from us than we have from them.

4 clubs, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bournemouth, have taken the same number of points from us as we have from them.

Of the remaining 16 clubs, we have a superior record of points taken, and 9 of those haven't taken a single point from us in that time.

Surely the soonest we could win it is in two weeks time after the West Ham game (and Spurs + Arsenal final whistle)? If Spurs and Arsenal lose their next two games and we win ours, we would Be 13 ahead with 12 to play for. Not going to happen of course but that's the soonest it could happen.

Are you always so pessimistic? Don't you even occasionally have positive days? I'm still taking one game at a time but today's team is nothing like the 1963 team, nor are the circumstances. 

Not being pessimistic at all. Someone posted (could not find it I replied and posts had moved to the next page. I did not quote.)  that they would need to lose all the games and the others to win theirs and that would be unlikely and asked when the last time it happened If they play like they have been there will be no worries. I like the team am also taking one game at a time.

I am very optimistic that they will win 2/3 games needed and Spurs and Arsenal will drop points.

I cannot remember the 53 season but am well aware that the situation were not the same. Less subs for a start and not safeguarded from the number of games in a week.

Edited by Rincewind

We have only conceded 6 goals all season when Simpson, Fuchs, Huth, Kante and Drinkwater have all been on the pitch, and 2 of those were against Southampton in only the 2nd game they'd all played together.

Add Mahrez to that stat and I believe only Chelsea and Man Utd have scored past us all season!

Our points rate this season has only 2.25 behind our tally in the championship title campaign.

Given the way the boys kept going that year, maybe we are being naive to think they will take their feet off the accelerator this season. We are on course for 81/82 in that case.

I'm rather hoping that we can win it in time for Claudio to let them off the leash again. a thumping of Everton or Chelsea would be the icing on the cake. oh sorry - we only win 1-0 .................

Surely the soonest we could win it is in two weeks time after the West Ham game (and Spurs + Arsenal final whistle)? If Spurs and Arsenal lose their next two games and we win ours, we would Be 13 ahead with 12 to play for. Not going to happen of course but that's the soonest it could happen.

Monday 18th of April after Spurs play Stoke, if we win both our games and Spurs and Arsenal lose both of theirs and Man City don't win both of theirs.

Monday 18th of April after Spurs play Stoke, if we win both our games and Spurs and Arsenal lose both of theirs and Man City don't win both of theirs.

Obviously winning the title is the main thing but winning it on a monday night when we're not even playing would spoil it somewhat

what about the lottery

You also need to factor in the amount of players vs the odds of winning, too.  5000-1 for only twenty teams is different to 14 million to one for millions of tickets bought - though since the tickets will not all be unique, the relationship is far from linear.  (Need Rachel Riley for this sort of mathematical formula ;) )

We have only conceded 6 goals all season when Simpson, Fuchs, Huth, Kante and Drinkwater have all been on the pitch, and 2 of those were against Southampton in only the 2nd game they'd all played together. 

Add Mahrez to that stat and I believe only Chelsea and Man Utd have scored past us all season!

Had to check this out, it's actually Watford and Man Utd. Two goals conceded in twenty games when these six players have been on the pitch together (obviously you can add Schmeichel, Albrighton, Vardy and Morgan to the mix). That is a crazy crazy stat! 

Edited by onekeithweller

Had to check this out, it's actually Watford and Man Utd. Two goals conceded in twenty games when these six players have been on the pitch together (obviously you can add Schmeichel, Albrighton, Vardy and Morgan to the mix). That is a crazy crazy stat! [/quote

My apologies, Watford not Chelsea, so a penalty and a corner in 20 games!

Wow!

sadly not true, we'll never win the brian clough cup :cry:

If we sack Claudio, appoint Nigel Clough get relegated - could we get into the qualifying rounds?

Then after sacking Nigel Clough, rehire Claudio win the Clough Cup (beating Burton Albion in the final).

Win the Championship, then the Premier Leagu again, then set about conquering Europe.