Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

In the 52-point/2nd place 1928-29 season, Leicester would have earned 72 points (from 42 games) if a win was worth 3 points.

Top stattage.

Can what I just read on Twitter be true - that City have been behind for just 47 minutes since the end of October.

Top stattage.

Can what I just read on Twitter be true - that City have been behind for just 47 minutes since the end of October.

this is a pretty cool stat. i said to my old man at half time today yano how everyone keeps saying "i wonder how they will respond when the go behind" well what if we just never go behind. like ever again? 

Unless we have half a dozen injuries next mat we should be OK. Even then they have a good spirit in the squad to see it through.

TBH if they were going to stutter it would have been before now.

Edited by Rincewind

Least defeats we've ever suffered in a 'top flight' season is/was 10.....albeit from 42 games.

A total and utter collapse would leave us on 8.

Best ever stats from an 'away' season at the highest level, irrespective of results in our final two trips !

Think our defence managed 19 clean sheets in 46 in 2008-09....'Shilts' & co did something ridiculous like 24/42 in 1970-71, (Div 2), then 16/42 the season after in the old Division One....Our defence this season though has been immense!

94 points from 42 games in the PL .....FFS !

I counted 15 clean sheets in 1971/1972 and 23 the season before in the old Second Division. And we had 15 clean sheets in 1997/1998, as well.

EDIT: The 1962/1963 "Ice Kings" managed to keep 16 clean sheets.

Way to go then...

Edited by MC Prussian

So - these last 42 games, from which we've taken 94 points. We know that's incredible - but just how good, in historical terms?

42 games was once the regular season. Between 1920 and 1995 there were 65 seasons like that.

Look at these three title winners:

Liverpool      1978/79

Everton        1969/70

Spurs           1960/61

They are the ONLY teams in those 65 seasons who got more than 94 points*. That's how incredible it is.

*1   Converted to three points for a win where necessary

*2    This stat will mean F all if we don't finish the job.

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 3

love this page:

http://statspack.squawka.com/

Vardy second in the top scorers

Schmeichel top of the clean sheets

Kante top of the tackles

Kante top of the interceptions

Mahrez second for take ons

Mahrez second for fouls suffered (Zaha first, also top for take ons)

Morgan third for blocks

Third on goals scored

Fifth for shots on target and fifth for off target

No where near the top 5 for any possession or passing stats :D  

Not really a stat, but think back to May 2004, Arsenal 2-1 Leicester to complete their invincibles season... who on earth would have thought it was the visitors who win it next rather than Arsenal?

Wouldn't be trotting that out yet but yeah it will be laughable.

Given how long it was before he kept one, that is a fantastic achievement.

Very good point that, our first clean sheet was in our tenth league game, so that is 14 in 24 games. If we just look at this year it is 10 in 14 games, of the 4 games without a clean sheet one was from a handball, one was after going down to 10 men, 1 was an offside consolation goal and 1 was against West bloody Brom (more importantly we were without Kante).

Not really a stat, but think back to May 2004, Arsenal 2-1 Leicester to complete their invincibles season... who on earth would have thought it was the visitors who win it next rather than Arsenal?

I still remember the shock at Dickov popping up with a header in that game to give us the lead. Then normal service was resumed.