Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

Oh my, today has been a strange day. 

I felt like king of the world this morning and then had a dramatic and rapid onset comedown at the strangest time. During the comedown I came to the realisation (with the help of a new-ish friend well versed in such difficulties) that I was on the end of an abusive relationship for about a year. It ended 5 years ago and a lot of it is still floating around in the back of my head.

The best analogy I can currently think of to demonstrate my thoughts (on a day like today) visually is sonic the hedgehog in a speedball following a curve that is somewhere between a tangent and a sin/co-sin one. 

That said, I'm pretty content right now, floating along the river.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1

I'm really feeling down. I don't really have any friends to speak of, obviously I have colleagues at work but I don't really have any one that I can talk to properly. I should be really grateful for what I do have and my partner is great, but I just think sometimes I really need to talk to a friend. I'm so envious of those of you who have kept in touch with your friends, mine have all moved away or we've just lost touch. 

No point to this really other than to say that even when you live with someone you can still be lonely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm really feeling down. I don't really have any friends to speak of, obviously I have colleagues at work but I don't really have any one that I can talk to properly. I should be really grateful for what I do have and my partner is great, but I just think sometimes I really need to talk to a friend. I'm so envious of those of you who have kept in touch with your friends, mine have all moved away or we've just lost touch. 

No point to this really other than to say that even when you live with someone you can still be lonely. 

I hear ya Deb.

Since I moved away from Leics nearly 20 years ago, I've pretty much lost touch with all my old friends. Even though I've lived with my missus for nearly 25 years, there's stuff I still couldn't talk to her about and stuff I definitely couldn't talk to my parents about. 

I guess I rely on my 'virtual' friends on here when I'm down but I know that's not the same as face to face. We all need someone who'll listen without judgement and just allow us to get stuff off our chest.

I'll be your friend if you want :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I hear ya Deb.

Since I moved away from Leics nearly 20 years ago, I've pretty much lost touch with all my old friends. Even though I've lived with my missus for nearly 25 years, there's stuff I still couldn't talk to her about and stuff I definitely couldn't talk to my parents about. 

I guess I rely on my 'virtual' friends on here when I'm down but I know that's not the same as face to face. We all need someone who'll listen without judgement and just allow us to get stuff off our chest.

I'll be your friend if you want :)

Hi Izzy, 

Just wondered if you’ve been given the date for your next parole board review ? 

I’ll try and arrange a visit soon. 

Best wishes 

Mike 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

quick update

i quit my job at xmas, gave up my company car, company phone, £45k a year, etc.

I've done a bit of freelance work and without going into too much detail I made more more money in 24 hours than I would have done in 6 months. 

i got a 2k tax rebate.

i've had offers to do some bits of part time work alongside my freelance stuff which i'm going to do because **** it, why not.

i walk and cycle everywhere.

my marriage is practically over.

i travelled, HK, Bangkok, Myanmar, Cambodia, Philippines, HK. I liked the Phillippines so much I went back for another two weeks.

I'm just waiting to sort a few things out and I'm going off to Vietnam and who knows where else for a couple of months. 

I spend a couple of hours a day in the gym - I'm in better shape than ever.

I have a couple of issues with prescription drugs but nothing I can't keep a lid on.

anyway, swings and roundabouts.

you don't have to live how the man tells you.

stop moving, stand still - good things come to you. 

some bad shit happens too. that's life.

hi. 

Fair play, if my marriage broke up I would probably do something similar in all fairness.

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

meh

Looking at your previous post you are the embodiment of taking things a day at a time.

Re read your own post from wednesday and concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives.

I know its not always that easy but chin up fella. Take some me time til you get throgmugh the current train of thought.

Friday. Weekend, movies, whatever it takes. Look after yourself fella.

Currently on my way on holiday with my mates and sat in the toilets at the airport crying. Just got rejected from another interview having got to the final 2 only for them to prefer the other candidate. Been looking for a job for over a year and this is the 4th time this exact situation as occurred. Feel like complete shit like I dont want to leave the cubicle and face the outside world

Feel this shouldn’t even be on this thread as it seems so minor compared to what others are suffering but just wanted a channel to clear my thoughts

45 minutes ago, Maboimahrez said:

Currently on my way on holiday with my mates and sat in the toilets at the airport crying. Just got rejected from another interview having got to the final 2 only for them to prefer the other candidate. Been looking for a job for over a year and this is the 4th time this exact situation as occurred. Feel like complete shit like I dont want to leave the cubicle and face the outside world

Feel this shouldn’t even be on this thread as it seems so minor compared to what others are suffering but just wanted a channel to clear my thoughts

I feel your pain. It IS depression, even if you have no history of it. Hopefully it is just circumstantial depression, meaning you may benefit from tablets this one time but never again.

Your holiday has come at the perfect time for you, as long as you let your mind enjoy it.

Try to think that everything happens for a reason. I was in your position for longer. Ended with everything coming to a head, negotiating a fat pay off and buying out somebody elses business which i have doubled in size and brought another.

Still challenging, especially with depression being a regular bedfellow of mine, but it took that time for me to get the strength for the end game and the confidence to go it alone (eventually)

Enjoy your break. Talk to one of your mates there if you need to/can but mostly, get ****ed out of your nut and remember nothing. Alcohol CAN be great for depression. I dont need my anti depressants the morning after a major sesh(still take them but if i forget, its no biggie)

Go out there and do yourself proud chap.

Enjoy, and update us, we can be your outlet, in exchange for sordid lads holiday stories ???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing ok. Just wondering if anyone has tried using CBD oil alongside their antidepressants? Any good/bad feedback? I've been offered some as a trial thing but don't want to rock the boat too much if that makes sense. I can't see any obvious stories of it causing any problems but doesn't hurt to ask I guess. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE

3 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing ok. Just wondering if anyone has tried using CBD oil alongside any antidepressants? Any good/bad feedback? I've been offered some as a trial thing but don't want to rock the boat too much if that makes sense. 

No experience myself but my brother, who has a whole host of ailments alongside depression, including sleep apnea and hyperthyrotoxicosis (thyroid problems), which is a biggie, and although he mostly keeps himself to himself, i do know it definitely works for him.

If you dont get answers, do a search of this thread as i read every post and definitely recall people talking doses not too long ago.

If you're already thinking about it, have a go under guidance. As the great Dr Pepper once said, whats the worst that can happen ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavrentis said:

This probably isn't the ideal time to post this as i'm sorry you didn't get the job.

But I just wanted to thank my company for being very understanding about my psychosis, when you find a good company stick with it as they stuck with you.

Glad to hear things are on the up for you chap. You have my utmost respect for opening up and answering my random questions, not to mention living with it and being positive.

Just now, gw_leics772 said:

Glad to hear things are on the up for you chap. You have my utmost respect for opening up and answering my random questions, not to mention living with it and being positive.

I'm grateful to the people who look after me. I feel blessed as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing ok. Just wondering if anyone has tried using CBD oil alongside their antidepressants? Any good/bad feedback? I've been offered some as a trial thing but don't want to rock the boat too much if that makes sense. I can't see any obvious stories of it causing any problems but doesn't hurt to ask I guess. 

Had a meeting with my cousin and my Uncle the other day and my cousin was trying to sell me on the stuff. He said I'd still need to stay on my anti-depressants, but depending on what area I wanted to concentrate on the most, there is a product available to help. He told me his sister uses the gummies with CBD and they have helped her with her anxiety.

He's got big time shares in a company that sells the stuff, so I was only half interested as it sounded more like a sales pitch and knowing him it's always just about how he benefit$.

Supposed to be sending me an email about all the different products and how they are supposed to work. I'll at least give it a read.

• Like 1