Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

Just checking in when on holiday and thingsij suppose should be good. Me and my wife aren't good, and long story short, we are balancing up the 10 years past and good times and wondering what different lives now would be worth. Feels like being on a plane potentially about to crash into a mountain on its way to paradise but with the option of bailing out. ****ing autocorrect making me want to throw my phone at the wall. Argh . Another g and t please

On 15/07/2019 at 00:35, UniFox21 said:

In 2 minds right now; i graduate on Tuesday and obviously I'm hugely proud to be graduating and completing my degree. But at the same time, it's a terrifying step as it's the first time I've not had something planned to step into.

I majorly suffer with what can be termed imposter syndrome and consistently doubt I'm good enough or able to do what I do well. 

My grades etc say the opposite but it's that consistent voice in my head questioning whether I can do it or if I'm good enough that holds it back. 

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread; just needed to get this into text to try to deal with it. 

You can do it and even if you can't you can pretend you can until you can.

42 minutes ago, totbl said:

Just checking in when on holiday and thingsij suppose should be good. Me and my wife aren't good, and long story short, we are balancing up the 10 years past and good times and wondering what different lives now would be worth. Feels like being on a plane potentially about to crash into a mountain on its way to paradise but with the option of bailing out. ****ing autocorrect making me want to throw my phone at the wall. Argh . Another g and t please

Take the time and a few deep breaths before any decisions. Ive been married a long time now and still occaisonally wonder what if.... its normal and reasonable to do so. But do try to remember whats great and why you married to begin with.

Just take as much time to think and talk :)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Take the time and a few deep breaths before any decisions. Ive been married a long time now and still occaisonally wonder what if.... its normal and reasonable to do so. But do try to remember whats great and why you married to begin with.

Just take as much time to think and talk :)

Thank you and I apologise for my drunk post. Took some time today and things are a little better. We had this holiday to try and repair - but really what it's done is brought things into focus as to what the issues are, which is maybe what was needed. As ever, this thread is great. Chin up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, totbl said:

Thank you and I apologise for my drunk post. Took some time today and things are a little better. We had this holiday to try and repair - but really what it's done is brought things into focus as to what the issues are, which is maybe what was needed. As ever, this thread is great. Chin up.

One of the best bits of advice someone gave me:

Try to never make a huge life changing decision when you're either very happy or very sad.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, totbl said:

Sorry to hear that but I’m glad things are a bit better now.

I’ve gone through some pretty tough times with my other half in the last 3 months or so and the one thing I would say is just to talk to each other about the issues. If you struggle to really be open with each other then write each other a letter about how you feel and what you think needs to change and that really helped me/us.

i hope you manage to get stuff sorted out.

• Like 1

Thought this story is quite fitting to parts discussed in this thread..

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/i-turned-life-around-after-3126947

This individual offers invaluable advise on what yo do if you're struggling, which has more than likely been mentioned at points within this thread.

-

It might not seem like it when you're going a difficult patch in your life - however, with determination and desire to try and make things better, there is always some light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

28 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

well, I've learnt the hard way not to try and self-medicate with prescription drugs.

i've abused the shit out of valium over the last four months and quitting it is absolute hell. 

benzo withdrawal is NOT the one. oops. 

There's a reason why they're only prescribed short term.

Well done for getting to the withdrawal stage in the first place, it's utter hell but once you get through that peak then it will pick up. 

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There's a reason why they're only prescribed short term.

Well done for getting to the withdrawal stage in the first place, it's utter hell but once you get through that peak then it will pick up. 

mate, I've done a lot of drugs in my time - you name it, I've done it and probably abused it. 

valium is the first drug that I've ever got addicted to without realising and let it put me inside a bubble which allowed me to make some big mistakes which my better judgement would have otherwise stopped.

fun little pills but **** me they can get ahold of you and **** you without you realising, very quickly. 

41 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

mate, I've done a lot of drugs in my time - you name it, I've done it and probably abused it. 

valium is the first drug that I've ever got addicted to without realising and let it put me inside a bubble which allowed me to make some big mistakes which my better judgement would have otherwise stopped.

fun little pills but **** me they can get ahold of you and **** you without you realising, very quickly. 

my Grandfather used valium for his trauma from ww2. Made it a pretty rough environment for my mum growing up. Benzo's are rotten. 

4 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Mrs forced me to the docs on Thursday,now on Sertaline......but feel worse than i did before!

Give it time chap. Let the meds work and look after yourself.

Dont try to carry on as normal. Its a big step. Try to get some me time, whatever that may be. Watch a film, listen to music. Sleep. Nothing bad ever came from having a bit more sleep than normal. I can easily tuck in an extra 12 hours at my worst.

Youve got a good mrs there.

• Thanks 1

I work the academic year, so I now have a few weeks away from my regular schedule. I slept 5 hours yesterday afternoon, I can heartily recommend it, and also not believing that everything you feel in the moment is forever - because it isn't. Low and high emotions are fleeting, they pass. I'm feeling exhausted and low right now, but I will recover.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Give it time chap. Let the meds work and look after yourself.

Dont try to carry on as normal. Its a big step. Try to get some me time, whatever that may be. Watch a film, listen to music. Sleep. Nothing bad ever came from having a bit more sleep than normal. I can easily tuck in an extra 12 hours at my worst.

Youve got a good mrs there.

I slept from 7 last night till 10 this morning!Then did thing's and about ready to have another kip!But the taste in the mouth is weird and not really eating!But allready don't feel so down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Mrs forced me to the docs on Thursday,now on Sertaline......but feel worse than i did before!

First time on medication? I've been on Sertraline since December - first few weeks (possibly month or two) I felt odd. Worth sticking with it, unless of course you feel totally sh*t. Good luck - and even if these ones aren't the ones, there are plenty more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Sorry to hear that.

if you don’t mind me asking,what do you do?

I’m a carer for a young man with autism. He’s never hit me before so I had to give him a massive bollocking, which I quite enjoyed - I confiscated all of his things for a week and made him sit in silence all day. He spent the whole afternoon sulking until he signed sorry to me in the most adorable way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woznotwos said:

Due to be regular on here i think , wife's just told me she wants a divorce and is moving out.

;(

Really sorry to hear that, I hope you are able to find some family and friends to talk things through with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, woznotwos said:

Due to be regular on here i think , wife's just told me she wants a divorce and is moving out.

Welcome to the safe place.

Sorry to hear of your issues. This is the place to vent.

Above all else, look after your mental health, and use this place to vent.

Any kids involved?