Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Don't get me wrong, I'd be heart-broken if Vardy left but hanging onto Kante/Mahrez is far more important as they are one-offs and finding direct replacements would be virtually impossible for a club of our size. The way we set-up, it would be easier to replace Vardy with another speed-merchant.

That said, I think the story is BS. I work in the industry and you can any time a reporter writes "I understand" you can translate as "I don't really know". The advent of Twitter and the spotlight on individuals it provides means that it's not just the ITKs you have to watch; reporters from supposedly reputable publications are not that different. It's a highly competitive game and they're under constant pressure to appear more informed on each and every story than they actually are. Don't worry; he's staying.

We're basically Southampton from a couple of seasons ago! Didn't do them any harm we just need to replace people wisely.

Plus we won the league so who cares!

If they can build a new side twice after being raided then so can we. And they just lost their manager again.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be heart-broken if Vardy left, hanging onto Kante/Mahrez far more important as they are one-offs and finding direct replacements would be virtually impossible for a club of our size. The way we set-up, it would be easier to replace Vardy with another speed-merchant.

Not reading the 2nd paragraph after this.

Clueless.

Guys, put yourself in his shoes. We are prepared to pay him 80k a week and he is worth 100+. Without a release clause he is stuck here unless we are prepared to sell him. And that will be a sizeable fee. So we make the money having paid him less than the going rate. The lowish release clause means he gets the extra dosh in the form of a big signing on fee. It's a trade off. the club can insist on a higher release clause if they agree to pay him a higher wage. it's business.

Agree with you pal.

I'm super bored of it. I support Leicester City FC. Not Jamie Vardy. We've sold players to big clubs before. We sold Smudger to Arsenal. We sold Heskey to Liverpool. If he leave a then thank you for your service and good luck. Vardy doesn't support Leicester. He's out for himself. Yeah he said he was happy here. What else was he supposed to say? That he's unhappy? Some people in our fan base are really something else.

If we finished 10th it would be understandable, but we are champions of England.

Heskey / smith were one off players. Vardy / Kante / Mahrez are champions. If we sell him its the beginning of the end.

Everyone was laughing at West Ham after him for 25mill.

What's changed now? All of a sudden some release clause?

It was reported that his release clause of 20 ish mill was to a CL club. West Ham and others would have to bid more than the supposed release fee and we wouldn't accept it cos we wouldn't have to. We have no option if the release clause is met. Then it's up to JV.

If he does go I trust Walsh will find an excellent replacement, in fact I'm sure he already has a few in mind given his age. If we can get Musa accross the line then there's one option. I'd be gutted if he went but lets not pretend like its the end of the world, that will only be the case if Kante goes.

If they can build a new side twice after being raided then so can we. And they just lost their manager again.

You're talking shite mate. Soton had top class players (Lambert / Lallana / Schnid). Vardy / Kante / Mahrez are world class, all irreplaceable. If we sell them now we will never again reach the heights of this season. If we sell instead of build we are fcuked.

Why do you think it would be easier to replace Mahrez or Kante than Vardy?

The way we set up, it would be impossible to replace Vardy. Have you seriously watched us all season and think we could just replace him with a 'speed merchant'? lol

You're right let's just chuck Schlupp up front.

I wouldn't be surprised if his head was turned.

The Hello magazine wedding and the new Wag in his ear might make him forget what it was that made him successful.

At the end of the day, no one is bigger than the club and every player will leave at some point.

If he goes, all that matters is who replaces him.

This.

The whole wedding thing, WAG thing, family disputes, blocking the lookalike on twitter, half naked pictures of her in the papers, etc, etc. She is quite capable of ruining him.

I hope he is strong enough to wear the trousers but I'm not too hopeful.

If he's letting her influence his football decisions then he's on the slippery slope. If this is the case we would be better off cashing in and signing a quality replacement.

Archived