Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

Guest FriendlyRam

There's no way we've spent 30m on this lot surely? :(lol 

The papers must be lying or Mel must be feeling pretty stupid right now. 

We are so far off being a promotion side is laughable we've spent 30m quid.

11 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

There's no way we've spent 30m on this lot surely? :(lol 

The papers must be lying or Mel must be feeling pretty stupid right now. 

We are so far off being a promotion side is laughable we've spent 30m quid.

There must be a problem with your players. Mentality or attitude.

You've had plenty of decent/proven managers at that level (Clough, Pearson, McLaren [twice], Clement) with near enough the same group of players who do the same thing every year. Close but then fall away (ok, McLaren did guide you to the play off final about three years back now)... I got to the point ages ago where managers shouldn't even be judged on their job at Derby.

Guest FriendlyRam
5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There must be a problem with your players. Mentality or attitude.

You've had plenty of decent/proven managers at that level (Clough, Pearson, McLaren [twice], Clement) with near enough the same group of players who do the same thing every year. Close but then fall away (ok, McLaren did guide you to the play off final about three years back now)... I got to the point ages ago where managers shouldn't even be judged on their job at Derby.

Totally agree

Nugent must be thinking what he hell he's done, could have stayed at Boro and waited until they went down to get his place back in the team next season back in the champ

Instead he's playing the number 10 role in a alien system lol 

Thing is Derby had the perfect manager in Pearson to sort the Derby squad out. He might not have had you challenging for the playoffs this season but you wouldn't have gone down and he eventually would have managed to get out the deadwood. 

Season 2 you would have seen drastic improvements on & off the field. Young hungry players who will give their all, mixed with a few older lads for experience. 

I can see Derby being in big trouble, surely they will fail FFP, players on relatively big wages for a championship club and players that really aren't very good. 

Pearson must be laughing at Derby now. 

Could clearly see there was a lot of deadwood there. Deadwood takes a long time to shift. Usually at least a season. He obviously tried to do that and get rid of any bad apples but the board clearly didn't support him on that. They must have had a lot of faith in these average players quite frankly. 

Imo Derby would have had a late run this season probably not making the POs but next season they'd be comfortably top six with Pearson. 

McLaren is shite and is getting shown up again. 

Guest FriendlyRam

Its hard to be optimistic when players like Camara and Butterfield will most likely be in our starting 11 again next season.

And 27m quid combined.... my god :( 

tbf to Anya he's looked capable when given a chance, Vydra if played in the right position in the right formation could be good, but he's finding himself out on the wing ffs,,, we sign these players (Blackman, Johnson, Vydra, Weimann, Russell etc) and they find themselves on the wing when their basically strikers who need support.. if you want wingers Mel, go out and buy a proper one, one who can cross a ball. And Nugent is now being used in a messi type role.... McClaren is looking for a payoff imo, no other reason to explain that mind f***.

Sacking Pearson was a mistake. I can see why they did it but I did think it would end up being a mistake and now I'm sure of that. I know it's silly as it's only going to be hypothetical but if you could play out the next three years of Derby under McClaren against Derby under Pearson I'd whack big money on Derby under Pearson being in a better position in just about every way. Both in terms of the team and backroom infrastructure.

It's the lack of goals from that front line that is so surprising. 39 in 37 games. Whatever we say about Derby in previous years they've had goals in them. Barnsley and Brentford, the two teams below them, have both scored 54, Brentford in two fewer matches as well.

Archived