Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Depends which fan you ask. Most hate WBA for obvious reasons so for the majority it will be them. Me personally I hate Blues as they're a tinpot club who've never won anything and their fans think they're more entitled than they are. Yet my mate who I go to games with hates Villa with a passion.

I've always found Leicester and their fans to be ok. I work with loads of them so maybe I've just gotten used to them!

What about Walsall?

Nah. Whenever we play them their fans make a huge deal about it like we're their rivals. But they've been inconsequential to us for years now, apart from the one season we went down to League One not long back.

It was quite funny when we played them at their place that season in the league (and won 3-0). Dicko scored the first goal at the opposite end to the Wolves fans and celebrated with Sako by running along in front of their fans with Dicko patting the Wolves badge and Sako giving it the fist in the air. Plus Ikeme who had been getting dogs abuse off the Walsall fans behind the goal all of the second half, some of which he said afterwards were racial comments (“I got called a c**n twice, that is a fact, and GeorgeElokobi got called a black ****, and that is a fact as well."), finally snapped and gave them some back at the final whistle.

Some Walsall woman on the local BBC Radio WM phone in after the match was almost in tears complaining about the three of them after the match, and demanding the FA and police do something about it! It was hilarious!! ...... And I still have it saved on YouTube as someone went back and ripped it off Iplayer! Just listen to this:

She's literally almost bursts into tears at the 1min 20s mark!

You can see Dicko's awful "incitement" at the 30s mark here:

Talk about crying over nothing!!

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Nah. Whenever we play them their fans make a big deal about it like we're their rivals. But they've been inconsequential to us for years now, apart from the one season we went down to League One not long back.

It was quite funny when we played them at their place that season in the league (and won 3-0). Dicko scored the first goal at the opposite end to the Wolves fans and celebrated with Sako by running along in front of their fans with both of them giving it the fist in the air. Plus Ikeme who had been getting dogs abuse off the Walsall fans behind the goal all of the second half, snapped and gave them some back at the final whistle as well.

Some Walsall woman on the local BBC Radio WM phone in after the match was almost in tears complaining about the three of them after the match, and demanding the FA and police do something about it! It was hilarious!! ...... And I still have it saved on YouTube as someone went back and ripped it off Iplayer! Just listen to this:

She's literally almost crying at the 1min 20s mark!

Time of the month probably mate.

13 hours ago, The Bear said:

Nah. Whenever we play them their fans make a huge deal about it like we're their rivals. But they've been inconsequential to us for years now, apart from the one season we went down to League One not long back.

It was quite funny when we played them at their place that season in the league (and won 3-0). Dicko scored the first goal at the opposite end to the Wolves fans and celebrated with Sako by running along in front of their fans with Dicko patting the Wolves badge and Sako giving it the fist in the air. Plus Ikeme who had been getting dogs abuse off the Walsall fans behind the goal all of the second half, some of which he said afterwards were racial comments (“I got called a c**n twice, that is a fact, and GeorgeElokobi got called a black ****, and that is a fact as well."), finally snapped and gave them some back at the final whistle.

She's literally almost bursts into tears at the 1min 20s mark!

You can see Dicko's awful "incitement" at the 30s mark here:

Talk about crying over nothing!!

Problem is you very rarely play each other. Geography wise Walsall to Wolverhampton is what? 25 minutes? It's very close and I can see why their fans are up for it but from your point of view you don't play them enough. From my point of view as somebody with no connection to the West Midlands, the big derbies will always be Villa/Birmingham and Wolves/West Brom but I can see why you all hate each other.

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Owen Coyle leaves Blackburn - eight months into his new job:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39044853

A good job for Pearson (seriously)?

A club with big potential, but low budget and need of a rebuild.

Not sure how much Venky's have actually done for both the club and it's fans since they took over.

Guest FriendlyRam

That's our playoffs push gone :(  a depressing couple months coming up with nothing to play for now, deffo need to get rid of some of the deadwood now imo.  

It could be worse though, we could be Blackburn lol 

10 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

That's our playoffs push gone :(  a depressing couple months coming up with nothing to play for now, deffo need to get rid of some of the deadwood now imo.  

Exactly what a Mr. Nigel Pearson recognised a few months ago before the big fall out.

10 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

Yeah ah good grief.. imagine downgrading from Owen Coyle...

Guest FriendlyRam
9 hours ago, Lionator said:

Exactly what a Mr. Nigel Pearson recognised a few months ago before the big fall out.

this!!!!

Nigel Pearson knew we weren't going anywhere with these players, tried to start the process of rebuilding and got the sack 3 months into it. 

We'd have been well into the process if he'd have been the bloody time to sort it, now we're in a even bigger mess because of the sacking, in terms of players not fitting in. Vydra looked dangerous under pearson, and you could see what he was trying to do with the style etc, but it was going to take time to really sort the system out ffs. 

Morris is a trigger happy owner sadly.

Archived