Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

2 hours ago, FriendlyRam said:

The problem is and I said this before we brought Mac back, who ever comes in is going to have to work with same group of rats as the last poor fellow, and he speaks to them out of tone and they'll be in Mels office refusing to play. 

Sadly... We've ended up with a really bad group of egos. :(.. I suppose you guys are loving it though lol 

Who are they? 

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I was taking a dump when I read that Mclaren had been sacked and genuinely started laughing out loud.

Chairman is clearly very trigger happy. If Derby get promoted in the next few years it'll be no thanks to him.

Too trigger happy, Pearson would have turned them around I'm sure, he just needed to get rid of the mercenaries which they have a lot of. Need more than a few months to turn that side into a promotion winning side 

Pearson was allegedly sacked due to player power and the chairman siding with the players...

lol

In this example, it looked completely the wrong thing to do. It seems the players run Derby County and they absolutely needed the kick up the arris that Pearson was trying to give them.

There must be a reason why successive managers keep failing there. To be honest, a once very respectable club has become a laughing stock. And for the Wally to be sacked from the sheep, yet again, is embarrassing to say the least.

With any luck, they will now get this man, and the joke will,be complete....

7735F5B9-7B19-4F2C-94FC-F337721DF03D-1896-000002CF29A6BEA9_tmp.png

Not sure Derby role is right for Rowatt, currently.

Can imagine managing the club as more difficult than most, due to high expectations but also especially having an owner that seems to like control aspects that a manager normally should (hence why Pearson allegedly had a bust-up with Morris last year - got involved too much, despite being an owner and not leaving football teams/tactics to the person who has plenty of experience in this).

Hope Morris has had a little think in reflection about sacking McClaren and gives Rowatt the time to settle-in, create a bond with club and fans and get the players to play for him. The Birmingham situation must've made him feel confused but not surprised given Derby's current sacking casualty.

Guest FriendlyRam

Rowett is a good appointment, esp if we're having to rein in the spending, he's done great at his other clubs and Birmingham have gone into free fall since he was sacked which makes him more successful in a way. 

Rowett to Derby makes sense- ex player, and they obviously needed a change in approach- the 'Derby Way' of throwing money at it and trying to knock the ball about wasn't going to get them out of the division. They need a bit of resolve and grit to grind out results when the going gets tough. Rowett will bring that.

I'm not sure it matters who Forest appoint, the club is rotten to the core.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39259163

Warburton - Forest, they get something right at last........

Debatable.... realised he was failing on Scotland so went to visit forest to ask for a job... resigned... Forest backed out... got desperate as was now unemployed... Now accepted Forests current offer after they realised they no needed him.

And also, if people were mad at the way we sacked Claudio, Forest have technically just Sacked Gary Brazil as they said the job was his and not mentioned it at all lollol also zero mention of him looking after things in the Warburton statement, or whether he will resume in his old job as Academy Manager. 

Warburton's stock has definitely fallen after his Rangers exit but there's no doubt he represents stability and competence much more than any of their other managers in recent years. Depends how much Fawaz wants to meddle, really.

Still think Derby need to shift some of the shit they have there before Rowett will be able to make his mark with them, excellent appointment on the face of it though.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Warburton's stock has definitely fallen after his Rangers exit but there's no doubt he represents stability and competence much more than any of their other managers in recent years. Depends how much Fawaz wants to meddle, really.

Still think Derby need to shift some of the shit they have there before Rowett will be able to make his mark with them, excellent appointment on the face of it though.

I mean you've pointed out the problem with both clubs there.

Warburton has little time to turn Forest's sh!t show around this season and whilst he has the advantage of being ahead in the relegation race and I can see Fawaz selling up quick and stripping as much as he can if they were to go down, and no matter how competent a manager Warburton is turmoil like that can kill a campaign, just look at Mowbray at Cov. 

Derby's little player fiefdom is ridiculous considering their chairman is a local born fan and not some oblivious Malaysian billionaire in it for fashion statement. Anyone could see that's a recipe for failure yet when Pearson comes in to give them a bollocking and sort them out he's thrown out on a whim. Could be serious problems for Derby if they don't achieve promotion in a couple years and it'll be all their fault.

They're right in the mix, make no mistake. Fortunately for them, there are 5 competing to escape 1 relegation place (assuming Wigan don't undergo a massive transformation).

Bristol City, Blackburn, Wolves and Burton aren't particularly great sides. Wolves should have enough to pull clear, Bristol City have goals in them, Blackburn are in a decent run of form and Burton seem to have a knack of grinding out home wins in vital games though- if Warburton doesn't hit the ground running, they might be in trouble.

We have the players to get out of it, we just need to find a settled XI (Lambert keeps making too many changes every game for some reason), and score more goals. Hopefully that changes now Cavaleiro is back fit and playing. When he came off the bench last night he changed the game as he links up with Costa really well.

I only just realised today that Ben Marshall used to play for you lot too. He looked unfit the first couple of games since signing in January but has come up with a couple of good assists in the last two games.

Guest FriendlyRam

Its the big one on Saturday 

Rowett V Warbuton, they will have never felt pressure like it, esp with the Brian Clough Trophy up for grabs. And we're playing for the hat trick of Brian Clough Trophy wins. 

We win this we could put them in the bottom 3 :) its high time our bunch of layabouts gave a s*** as well. 

22 hours ago, The Bear said:

We have the players to get out of it, we just need to find a settled XI (Lambert keeps making too many changes every game for some reason), and score more goals. Hopefully that changes now Cavaleiro is back fit and playing. When he came off the bench last night he changed the game as he links up with Costa really well.

I only just realised today that Ben Marshall used to play for you lot too. He looked unfit the first couple of games since signing in January but has come up with a couple of good assists in the last two games.

Marshall skillful player who I thought at the time would go on and be great for us. Then his attitude let me down. Pearson went 'bin'

Archived