Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Islam Slimani

Islam Slimani was authorized by the Algerian Football Fédaration and national technical staff to leave the internship Sidi Moussa to go undergo a medical in Leicester. for a transfer from Sporting Lisbon to the club champion of England. He will return to Sidi Moussa. once his tranfer will be formalized.

source

http://www.faf.dz/slimani-autorise-sabsenter-pour-signer-leicester/

Just now, Swarles Barkley said:

As I watch "BREAKING NEWS: Slimani given permission to leave Algeria squad" roll across the bottom of sky sports for the hundreth time today I begin to wonder how much time Ive wasted today relying on SSN to keep to up to date

Agreed. Foxestalk is always about 5 hours ahead of SSN. Wonder what the guy stood out the training ground really knows and if anyone from the club actually talk to him!

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

As I watch "BREAKING NEWS: Slimani given permission to leave Algeria squad" roll across the bottom of sky sports for the hundreth time today I begin to wonder how much time Ive wasted today relying on SSN to keep to up to date

They basically just repeat the same stuff for hours. The guy at Leicester hasn't said anything new all day. 

These SportingCP fans seem to all be in the know. Is it a fan base comprised of advanced Liams? Have they injected tracking devices into all their staff and players? Or are they sunning themselves while pissing themselves laughing at their trolling. Either way: well played chaps.

4 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

He's on a boat, because of the private aircraft ban..... 

just got into work and read a bunch of the posts......nice thing about living out here I missed half the day. Top post mate......cheers, gave me a laugh this morning

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

These SportingCP fans seem to all be in the know. Is it a fan base comprised of advanced Liams? Have they injected tracking devices into all their staff and players? Or are they sunning themselves while pissing themselves laughing at their trolling. Either way: well played chaps.

No troll, I explicitly said it was a rumour. If you are interested in facts:
1 - our club is known for last day transfers
2 - our president is known for only disclosing the details of said transfers when they're completed

This leads me to believe it can happen. If it will or not, that I can't say, sorry.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

On a sidenote, how would you rate the Primeira Liga and its teams? Is it really that boring with just three, maybe four major teams competing against each other for the title each season (Sporting, Benfica, Porto and maybe Braga)?

Also, what's your take on Belenenses?

Loved my trips to Lisbon, got yourself a really beautiful city there.

It's a bit boring.

But in Germany, France and Italy they have only one major team that win titles [Bayern, PSG and Juventus] and in Spain only two [Barcelona and Real Madrid].

So even if those countries have more population so more supporters and money for the smaller teams - so better players on average than our smaller teams - at least in Portugal we have 3 major teams that fights for the title every year. :)

Against the three major teams all the other teams - excluding Braga and sometimes Guimarães or Marítimo ''jogam com o autocarro'' [play with a bus in front of the goal keeper, an expression by José Mourinho], mainly trying to defend and counter-attack.

Only when Sporting CP, Benfica or Porto scores they change their game and try to go forward.

Braga and sometimes Guimarães or Marítimo are 'mid teams', that have better players, managers and budgets than the smaller teams and they do try to play different against the three majors teams. 

Sporting CP had a couple of good games against Braga last season.. and Braga kicked out Sporting CP from Taça de Portugal [FA Cup equivalent].

But.. this year Sporting CP season budget will be more or less 50/55 Million € [without João Mário and Slimani transfer our budget it would be 40-45M], Porto will have a budget of 65/70 Million € and Benfica will have a budget of 90-100 Million.

Braga will have a season budget of 16-18 Million € [maybe 20-25M if they sell Rafa Silva for 16 Million to Benfica, today is deadline for this transfer], Guimarães a budget of 6-8 Million €, Marítimo a budget of 5-6 Millions and the smaller teams have budgets of 2 or 3 Million €.

This will change a bit next season with the new tv contracts, probably small teams will double their budget, Braga/Guimarães/Marítimo will spend more 50-60%, Sporting and Porto will spend more 20-30% more..

The diference is because the smaller teams only have a few hundreds of supporters and tv contracts or transfers fees are the only way to make money [the €€ coming from sponsorships and tickets for this teams is very low] , Braga/Guimarães/Marítimo a couple of thounsands, and Benfica is already receiving more from a new tv contract - in Portugal each Club negociate their own contract with tv's.

In Portugal we have a 'problem' about supporting a football team: everyone is fan of one of the three majors teams. 

People here like their hometown team, but they always support first one of the major teams. Really.

Only in Guimarães they have a couple of thousands of really supporters of their own Club, they have pride and their hometown club are their favourite. It's almost unique here, only Belenenses have real supporters like that but at this moment only a couple of hundred older supporters.

The rest (even Braga) can have hundreds or some thounsands of 'supporters', but almost all of them are supporters of Sporting CP, Benfica or Porto first. Braga supporters only really push for their hometwon team against Guimarães, because they are close cities and so they are 'rivals'.

C.F. 'Os Belenenses' [official name, translating directly to english is something like 'The Belenenses' Football Club] .. is my 2º favourite team in Portugal, after Sporting CP. :) 

Belenenses a couple of decades ago was called 'quarto grande' [fourth big], because it was a bit above where Braga is now - it even won one national title/league in the 45/46 season. But a lot of mismanagement put Belenenses in trouble and they where relegated to our second league and it took years to recover. 

Right now they're growing as a football team but they have some troubles ahead because the football Club were sold but the rest were kept like a traditional club that supporters own and they elect the President/board. Right now there is 'fight' between who owns the football club/team versus the supporters and their President [supporters owns the youth teams and the stadium].

Aside this fight Belenenses also as the problem of few supporters. They were away from the highligths for too much time, and right now, aside for some older supporters that remembers what Belenenses was, they have few supporters and most of the younger supporters prefer Sporting CP, Benfica or Porto first and only then Belenenses, so if they spend money in football they support one of the three major teams and not Belenenses.

Lisbon is a nice city.

Small when compared to other european capitals but have a lot of cool places. Especially Estádio José de Alvalade -> Sporting CP stadium :D

Stadium of belenenses is cool too and is close to the river.

Only place to avoid is what we call o galinheiro - what I believe is translated to english as the hennery - Benfica stadium. lol . Yes, the rivalry is so big we call names each other..

Not because I'm a Sporting fan but because is true, Sporting fans are the best in Portugal and those who push and sing more for their team. For some reason Slimani cried in the last match he played.

This is a begining of a game in our stadium, it's worth to watch:

If you search youtube for 'O mundo sabe que' you'll find a lot of videos from Scporting CP supporters singing in 'Alvalade' [short name of our stadium]

But we have a lot of others musics to push Sporting players during the game too.

Belenenses stadium is smaller but very nice too:

ecb08d3669c768c4032a10c575c103e6.jpg

Sorry for the wall of text.

Congrats if you read all this text with so many mistakes, but I'm sure you understand better my bad english than my good portuguese.

:)

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Jeez Vardy Musa Mahrez and Slimani not forgetting our little Dynamo Shinji too we are going to have some superb fire power up front !! 

Agreed. The attack looks great!  With Ulloa likely to stay too and the ability to play 1 upfront with the amount of promising attacking midfielders we have in Gray, Kaputska, Schlupp, Mahrez etc.

Think we will have no problem scoring goals!  Defence as long as they stay fit too and stick to the system that served them so well last year, should be great for another year.

Midfield is my only concern if we don't get someone in tonight.

Archived