Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

3 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Don't get the Kasper love. He is so horribly overrated it's untrue, comes out flapping at everything and a more clinical strike force would have beaten him today. He's far too rash. Really do not rate him.

Really don't get how you cannot rate him.

Is easily our number 1.

Look at the pride in his face during the Champions League song.

5 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Don't get the Kasper love. He is so horribly overrated it's untrue, comes out flapping at everything and a more clinical strike force would have beaten him today. He's far too rash. Really do not rate him.

Not saying he is a better keeper but he organise our defence. So we look better always said Wes don't. Hugt tries but Wes is captain and has little voice. Kasper is a mouth piece and I don't think we would have suffered as bad at ot with Kasper. Wes is a good player but needs to boss it at the back. Sadly for me he don't.

• 1 month later...

There shouldn't be any doubt after the WBA match. Kasper is by far the better keeper. Zieler needs to focus more on competing for the reserve spot with Hamer. He lacks presence, doesn't come out for crosses, lacks urgency and his foot is the equivalent of a lob wedge when kicking. 

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

There shouldn't be any doubt after the WBA match. Kasper is by far the better keeper. Zieler needs to focus more on competing for the reserve spot with Hamer. He lacks presence, doesn't come out for crosses, lacks urgency and his foot is the equivalent of a lob wedge when kicking. 

Good save first minute though from Phillips or else it's 0-1 early on.

Schmeichel is obviously the better keeper but some of you needs to get off Zieler back. He wasn't at fault for either goal today. Yeah he let 4 in at Old Trafford but Schmeichel also let 4 in at Anfield, and was at fault for at least one Liverpool goal.

Zieler is a good Premier League keeper. Put some respeck on his name.

I think he's a victim of not being Schmiechel at the minute. He's a good keeper and we'll see him improve as he gets more confidence. He seems a little reserved which is taking away from his performance.

Incredible finger tip save from Phillips early one, but seemed overly cautious when having to come out and confront a player. He made it too easy for Phillips to score the winner. I'm hoping that's just nerves rather than his usual way of dealing with one on ones.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Schmeichel is obviously the better keeper but some of you needs to get off Zieler back. He wasn't at fault for either goal today. Yeah he let 4 in at Old Trafford but Schmeichel also let 4 in at Anfield, and was at fault for at least one Liverpool goal.

Zieler is a good Premier League keeper. Put some respeck on his name.

That's not been backed up by any performance I've seen as of yet. Looks like a competent reserve, no better than benny Hamer. 

Got to agree with the comments here about not coming out or making himself big for the second goal. He dived at Phillips and made it much easier than it should've been to score - Schmeichel would've been out quicker and made himself bigger. He doesn't fill me with much confidence on today's performance.

Kasper would have definitely saved Phillips goal. I thought Zieler was initially better than Kasper, but he was poor today he seems a bit of a shrinking violet, how we didn't concede from the corners was beyond me, he didn't move an inch. He was poor today unfortunately and is nothing more than a back up. 

I think the shot for their second brushes his shoulder, if he saves it he's a hero. Margins are that tight. My first thought when it happened though was should the keeper have come out? On the replay I'm not so sure, but that could have been because of his starting position being too deep? It's a tough one to judge. 

56 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

That's not been backed up by any performance I've seen as of yet. Looks like a competent reserve, no better than benny Hamer. 

Completely agree......he's average at best but Kasper is top drawer...evidenced even more again tonight!

Don't even get why this is a discussion.

Zieler, as a back up keeper (and that's what he is at this club and it's been made quite clear) is about as good as you are going to get and is more than fine. You aint going to get this generations Claudio Taffareal jogging off the bench when your no.1 gets injured.  

I find the suggestion Kasper would of, without question, saved that one on one, pretty hilarious as well, you can't blame Zieler for either goals on Sunday. Second was Drinkwaters fault no one else's, you can even lip read him saying as much after the game to some of the players. 

26 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

Pure comedy that some people think Hamer is better than somebody who has been capped by Germany.

Perfect case of a player suddenly being rated when he doesn't play - and in Hamer's case, he never plays for a reason. 

Schmeichel will come back, concede a few and the same people will be suggesting Zieler play. 

Archived