Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Copenhagen Pre-Match

We need a striker who is comfortable with the ball at his feet, Okazaki is probably best at this and I think that probably says it all. No link and means Drinkwater has to try and play the perfect through ball or we have to get the ball out wide to cross in the box. No creatively through the middle.

I'd be suprised if it is anything other than usual team.

I think we'll win, important to get first goal as always.

On 15 October 2016 at 20:06, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Players will actually decide to give a shit for this again suddenly so we should be OK.

Gray needs a game ffs. 

Why play a young hungry, talented player tho when you can play Jeff? Or Kingy for that matter? Natural left winger is our Andy

17 minutes ago, red5 said:

Misery lollol it's true and you know itlol

Yep, our manager is such an imbecile that he is the only coach in the world who isn't aware of Wes Morgans strengths and weaknesses.

Wes Morgan (Premier League Champion 2016) has also suffered the worlds most rapid decline in his abilities and has become, without debate, a lumbering piece of absolute shit who deserves abuse from his own fans only 8 games after bringing them to most unexpected league title in football history.

Both Morgan and Huth have not, in any way, suffered from the fact that the rest of the team has offered nowhere near the level of cover and protection that they have done previously.

The defence does not, in any way suffer from the departure of Kante, who had little to zero effect on the central defenders.

Tripe

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:57, foxesfan98 said:

Schmeichel

Simpson

Hernandez

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Amartey

Gray

Slimani

Okazaki

Subs - Zieler, Morgan, Vardy, King, Kapustka, Ulloa, Albrighton

This.

--------------Kasper

Simpson  Hernandez Amartey Fuchs

--------King------Drinkwater

-------------Okazaki

Mahrez-------------------- Gray

-------------Slimani 

In an ideal world the CB's would have played with each other and trained as this partnership for a month or two during pre season! haha.

Loads of seats free on lcfc direct for this one. The pricing beginning to take its toll maybe? Anyway, we seem to be saving our efforts for the Champs League so i'll go for a narrow 2-1 win. Copenhagen goal coming off a corner or suchlike.

First trip to The King Power this season ( was at Wembley for Community Shield) and am  really looking forward to it .....Like many of you  a couple of weeks back I am sure there will be a lump in my throat when I hear the Champions League anthem at the home of the club I have supported for 50 years .....Hopefully see a much improved performance from Saturday which was embarassing especially as I had persuaded loads of friends to watch it as atrocious weather here ruined our Sat morning game of golf.....I am a bit concerned that some of the  OTT negative  views of management and the team since Saturday will dampen the atmosphere especially if team selection isn't to everyone's likeing and we don't play well and fall behind.....I for one will be doing my utmost to support the team no matter what ...C'mon lads and lassies let's make loads of noise and unify behind the club...After all THIS IS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE MAN DILLY DING DILLY DONG  :scarf:

Guest CityFan 06
13 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

He rested Mahrez and Slimani for this game so it would seem this is a big priority for Ranieri

Yes, it would certainly appear so. It could be a case of vise versa - Amartey v Copenhagen and King in for Palace. 

• This is the first competitive meeting between Leicester City and Copenhagen.
  • Copenhagen have never won an away game against English opposition, in all competitions (D2 L2).
  • In fact, Danish clubs have only won one of their last 14 trips to England in all competitions (D5 L8), it was Midtjylland against Manchester City in August 2008 in the UEFA Cup qualifiers.
  • Leicester City have won as many games this season (2) as they had in their previous European history (2 in 8 games).
  • Leicester City are the first team since Málaga in 2012/13 to win the first two Champions League group games in their history. 
  • Leicester are one of four teams to have picked up 6 points from the first two games this season alongside Atlético Madrid, Barcelona and Napoli.
  • Leicester City are also one of four teams yet to concede a goal in their first two Champions League games this season alongside Atlético Madrid, Juventus and Sevilla.
  • Copenhagen have won only one of their 11 away games in the Champions League (D2 L8), it was against Panathinaikos in September 2010 (2-0).
  • That win versus Panathinaikos is also the only time Copenhagen have scored more than one goal in an away game in the Champions League.
  • Copenhagen have already scored more goals this season (5) than they did in their last Champions League group stage appearance (4 in 2013/14).
  • Copenhagen's five goals in this season's Champions League have all been scored after half-time.
  • Riyad Mahrez has been directly involved in three of Leicester City's four Champions League goals, scoring twice and claiming an assist.

I'm not surprised there are empty seats given the pricing the opposition and the 1,600 extra tickets available to Leicester fans.

Think we'll put in a convincing home performance and win by two goals, only to probably draw against Palace and lose to Spurs to see us drop to a precarious Prem position when hopefully, we will take advantage of some easier fixtures.

I have to admit that our league  performances are taking the shine off this for me. I don't want us to gamble with our Premier League status for a shot at getting to the knockout stages. We've lost our identity and it's time for the players to roll their socks up and play like champions 

Archived