Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

Guest CityFan 06
3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd agree, the 4-4-2 still has a role to play for me but something does need to alter in perhaps trying to think about different approaches to different games 

This. Precisely.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be interested to see what Ulloa would do with a couple of starts. Either he grabs the opportunity or Slimani gets a little more motivated? Either way, Ulloa is giving more scoring opportunities in far less time on the pitch. 

Slim - £30m

costa - £32m 

i know Costa didn't have much form last season but the point I'm getting at is that Costa can be a game changer - this season, last season, his first season at Chelsea and at Atletico. 

I used to say we wasn't playing to his strength in the air but even then shows no desire to get to the ball or is physically strong enough for the size of the guy 

Just now, adam95581 said:

The only sympathy I have with slimani is that we're asking him to be our saviour. He's a goal scorer and thrives on service and he's just not getting any. 

He had plenty of service. Couldn't win a ball in the air to save his bloody life. Ulloa did more in 10 minutes.

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ridiculous kneejerk inbound. Not his fault we got done-in by a goal kick and crossing to nobody. 

30m was a lot but problems are in other areas. I'm sure you all thought he was a useless piece of shit when he got 5 goals with actual service.

Sorry but this is bullshit.  4 goals on an absolute plate and a penalty.  He's been pretty average in 70% of the games and dogshit in the rest.  He's a very expensive downgrade on Ulloa.

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

He had plenty of service. Couldn't win a ball in the air to save his bloody life. Ulloa did more in 10 minutes.

He didn't have a chance in the game. I'm not saying that his link up play shouldn't be better but he isn't Okazaki...he's an instinctive goal scorer. Have a look on YouTube and you'll spot a trend...simple goals and (mostly) headers 

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ridiculous kneejerk inbound. Not his fault we got done-in by a goal kick and crossing to nobody. 

30m was a lot but problems are in other areas. I'm sure you all thought he was a useless piece of shit when he got 5 goals with actual service.

Lost cause. You have to know a bit about football to understand that he, even if he didn't have a great game, wasn't the problem today. people need scapegoats. It was a collective meltdown due to an inept team management from the coach.

Archived