Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

Think I would prefer Bojan to Cafu if I am honest. He is a type of player who wants the ball to his feet and can create a bit of magic in a central number 10 role, and also chip in with a good amount of goals too. 8 million on a player who has already played a couple of seasons in the Premier League, and actually done pretty well too, would be a decent bit of business for us. 

25 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Bobby Snodgrass and Curtis Davies from Hull. 

Davies would be a bit of a squad filler and is 32 in March, and I don't think Hull would sell him cheaply because of that, as they need him. So we would be overpaying for a player that is in the last few years of his career and not really much better than what we have. Would prefer to go with someone younger, and with more potential and pedigree. Would have to come from abroad though, as players like Keane and Gibson are vastly overpriced now.  

Snodgrass again, is 30 this year but I think has something we don't have in our squad, and can definitely see his value for us. In an ideal world, would like to see us sign someone younger and someone whos value will likely only increase, but you can't discount someone like Snodgrass with years of experience and arguably peaking right now. Anything around or under 8 million would be decent business for us. 

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Davies would be a bit of a squad filler and is 32 in March, and I don't think Hull would sell him cheaply because of that, as they need him. So we would be overpaying for a player that is in the last few years of his career and not really much better than what we have. Would prefer to go with someone younger, and with more potential and pedigree. Would have to come from abroad though, as players like Keane and Gibson are vastly overpriced now.  

Snodgrass again, is 30 this year but I think has something we don't have in our squad, and can definitely see his value for us. In an ideal world, would like to see us sign someone younger and someone whos value will likely only increase, but you can't discount someone like Snodgrass with years of experience and arguably peaking right now. Anything around or under 8 million would be decent business for us. 

I don't think age really matters at the minuet. We need quality players and then we can re-asses in the summer when we've assured our premier league status. 

10 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I don't think age really matters at the minuet. We need quality players and then we can re-asses in the summer when we've assured our premier league status. 

Not being funny but when did Davies become a 'quality' PL player??

5 hours ago, bpfox said:

said it at the start of the window we will hoff and puff about players but get no one. we need a centre half and a top class attacking midfielder, but I doubt we will get either. 

I have this horrible feeling too. If we signed a centre half that fits the bill for what we require then I'll accept not signing anyone else.

I really think bringing in players with English and premier league experience is vital, we don't have time for players to spend a couple of months settling in. I think Keane should be top of our list, but if not, Johnny Evans or even Ben Gibson would do a job. A number 10 like gylfi sigurdsson would be ideal, and in the summer I think we should look at Antonio, he'd fit in well here. 

20 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

Realistic targets, Kyle Naughton and Nastasić. Maybe not the most attractive of names but have experience in England.

Always liked Naughton since when he played for us. Was quality then. Not really progressed as much as I thought he would, but still an experienced Premier League player who offers more in attack than Simpson. Would prefer Tripier of course and think although he is probably better than Simpson, there isn't a big enough difference for us to spend much money on him. 

Still concerned by Nastasic injury and appearance record, but a thorough medical could certainly put doubts to rest. You could also argue, that without the injuries, he could still be playing for Man City and winning trophies etc. 

Archived