Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Who do you want? - Jan 2017

30 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

He's even slower than Huth and Morgan, which I reckon is the problem. We need someone younger with a bit more pace.

It's been proven that Per Mertesacker turns faster than a glass of milk.

(Although that was two years ago)

He would probably suit our style of play, you don't need pace when you defend deep.

I think we need an experienced CB not a young prospect. Whoever comes in, will be fighting with Huth for a starting place as Morgan won't be dropped. Morgan cannot play with a young or inexperienced CB.

This is the closest you could get to our signing of Huth from two years ago. A centre-back with Premier League, European and International experience available for relatively little.

Definitely not a long-term solution but we could do a lot worse. If taken on loan there would be very little risk involved. 

However, I can't see this happening given that of late we have been trying to play a higher line.

31 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

He would probably suit our style of play, you don't need pace when you defend deep.

I think we need an experienced CB not a young prospect. Whoever comes in, will be fighting with Huth for a starting place as Morgan won't be dropped. Morgan cannot play with a young or inexperienced CB.

That's the problem though. We're defending so deep that we risk getting tangled up in our own net. It feels like we're sitting so deep and not pressing the ball because we don't want to isolate Morgan or Huth up against someone with a bit of pace. 

No thank you. Absolute toilet. Should head to Bournemouth as could earn extra cash in the summer ferrying kids on the beach.  This is one of the worst suggestions I have seen on this board.

44 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

No thank you. Absolute toilet. Should head to Bournemouth as could earn extra cash in the summer ferrying kids on the beach.  This is one of the worst suggestions I have seen on this board.

Not a suggestion, just opening a debate having seen several sources quoting the rumour.

5 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Not a suggestion, just opening a debate having seen several sources quoting the rumour.

I would close the debate on this one.  We need speed and mobility at CB - not a slow, aged and immobile has been.    

Archived