Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Such a shame we're being offered an obscene amount, a profitable amount on Slimani and we let someone who isn't much different to him be treated like this. Absolute joke.

do you think we are treating him badly? No doubt he's on a tremendous wage, he is under contract, and quite rightly we do not want to sell him for £1.7 million. I can understand his desire to play football, and his frustration, but frankly he should do whatever he can for our cause until the summer, then we can either sell him if we stay up, or play him if we go down. I don't think we need to bend over for Leo. He is a ledge though. That pen against West Ham....

Real shame. He might have been well enough paid but we've simply not appreciated him nor made the best of his abilities.

It's something of a warning to any potential understudies at Leicester. Money's all very well but if you want to evolve a career be careful. There's some who seem a lot more equal than others at the club.  

How many goals have we scored in the Premiership this season:- 24 in 22 games with our three main central strikers getting just 12. 

Yet Ulloa has hardly featured. It's beyond understanding to me. 

I wish him the very best in rebuilding his career. if he's gone - he's been an excellent professional for us and played his part in making history.   

I'd as soon Ranieri left to be honest.  

7 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

do you think we are treating him badly? No doubt he's on a tremendous wage, he is under contract, and quite rightly we do not want to sell him for £1.7 million. I can understand his desire to play football, and his frustration, but frankly he should do whatever he can for our cause until the summer, then we can either sell him if we stay up, or play him if we go down. I don't think we need to bend over for Leo. He is a ledge though. That pen against West Ham....

Do I think we are treating him badly? Yes, not even getting a sniff when players are playing so bad yet get picked week in week out, what kind of incentive and message does that give to a) the players playing badly and getting picked and b) the players that aren't given chances?

No, we shouldn't sell for £1.7m, that is a joke and in a way Ulloa should take offence to it abit that they rate him so cheap.

Him, Kaputska, Gray (And possibly others those 3 are just of the top of my head), I could all understand thinking "what's the ****ing point".

I'm not saying it'd be right to have that attitude and i'm normally of the mindset you should prove people wrong if they doubt you but when they're not even getting a chance I could fully understand a 'What's the point' stance because of what i've said in the first sentence.

The team spirit has been ripped apart this season for many reasons but not putting your foot down from management is one of the reasons imo, there are many divides in the camp now, cracks I fear cannot be repaired.

of course he started against Boro at the beginning of the month, and had been coming on as sub before that. His injury was untimely to say the least. I do understand his frustration, I really do, but I don't really like that he appears to be forcing our hand.

I'm not sure I agree about the divisions in the camp theory (of course you may be right, we're all guessing at the end of the day). I think it's confidence, and the confidence has gone. Players who were at the very top of their game a few months ago simply aren't at the races at the moment, and I suspect there is much scratching of heads. People wondering how can we have been so good, and now so nervous and anxious.

I hope I'm right, because two good performances and the confidence can return. If the camp is divided, that may not be so easy to repair

We have treated him like shit, but don't forget we've also given him a unforgettable season staying up, an even more unforgettable title medal and CL football. He wouldn't have got that anywhere else.

Thanks Leo, wish he could stay but for his sake he needs to get out asap. Good striker

Can't believe we aren't letting Leo go to pastures new. Ranieri said that any player that wants to leave can and now seems to have gone back on his word, or the club has. Either way it's a disgusting way to treat someone who has been so good to us and shown so much respect with his performances. Lad just wants to play football.

Well if he goes best of luck. I cant help thinking this transfer window so far as been absolute crap and is no different to the one in the summer. We need answers from someone at the club what is going on down there. Alright I know the players that have left were only fringe players and possibly not very good ones but we must be the only club in the Premier League selling players and not bringing any in what an absolute shambles.

19 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Can't believe we aren't letting Leo go to pastures new. Ranieri said that any player that wants to leave can and now seems to have gone back on his word, or the club has. Either way it's a disgusting way to treat someone who has been so good to us and shown so much respect with his performances. Lad just wants to play football.

No-one has made a sensible offer though. Surely the price has to be right. You'd want at least 8 million i'd have thought .

1 minute ago, woznotwos said:

No-one has made a sensible offer though. Surely the price has to be right. You'd want at least 8 million i'd have thought .

he's a human being, not a commodity. and he's of no value to us when he's not even on the bench. If the club wanted 8 million they should have accepted Swanseas offer in the summer but they missed the boat didn't they.

33 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The club comes first, players will be allowed to go but it needs to be right for us also. It's not disgusting to reject £1.7m for someone worth 5 times that.

Gutted. Ulloa has scored some huge goals for us over the last few years. I honestly rate him better than Slimani but hey. If his heart isn't in it then he must move on. 

Best of look Leo. 

Yerrrr his name is Leonardo........

8 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

Gutted. Ulloa has scored some huge goals for us over the last few years. I honestly rate him better than Slimani but hey. If his heart isn't in it then he must move on. 

Best of look Leo. 

Yerrrr his name is Leonardo........

I'm worried that Slimani's heart won't be in it after the China bid too. We've all seen how Vardy and Mahrez have disappeared since the summer of stories linking them with moves elsewhere 

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'm worried about that Slimani's heart won't be in it after the China bid too. We've all seen how Vardy and Mahrez have disappeared since the summer of stories linking them with moves elsewhere 

Not sure he is the sort of player to play for 'the club' anyway tbh. He seems a pretty isolated character, does his thing for himself only. Ranieri has a lot to answer for at the minute.

Treated him like shit? Have we? We have signed other players you cannot expect to be first choice, he's been given a decent chance like many, if he scored a hat trick every time he started of course he would get more game time.

Im sorry but he's probably on 30k+ a week, all this about 'wanting to be a footballer again?' No mate, you just want more money, I can't blame him for that but unless someone offers us what he's worth (6m+) then why should we sell?

Archived