Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

28 minutes ago, Koke said:

Martin Samuel wrote a scathing article on Ulloa and his agent. 

This part is weird, especially considering  how many journalists and pundits ridiculed and mocked Ranieri when we first appointed him

"He isn’t the first. Ranieri did not get enough respect at the end of last season, when some of his players drowned him in champagne in front of the world’s media. Who do they think they are? This is the 2016 Coach of the Year. This is a man who has achieved a feat in the English game that may never be revisited in our lifetime, taking the Premier League title from the elite"

I agree with him - thought that Fuchs was well out of order doing that and CR looked pretty miffed at the time..... But as gent laughed it off once he could see again!!

23 minutes ago, Koke said:

Martin Samuel wrote a scathing article on Ulloa and his agent. 

This part is weird, especially considering  how many journalists and pundits ridiculed and mocked Ranieri when we first appointed him

"He isn’t the first. Ranieri did not get enough respect at the end of last season, when some of his players drowned him in champagne in front of the world’s media. Who do they think they are? This is the 2016 Coach of the Year. This is a man who has achieved a feat in the English game that may never be revisited in our lifetime, taking the Premier League title from the elite"

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

There are strong rumors that many of the players don't get on with Ranieri, leading to dressing room discord and the shambolic performances on the pitch this season.

I guess Samuel's point is that maybe the players should be more respectful to the person that gave them their biggest career highlight to date.

It was only Fuchs who sprayed champagne over him during the press conference after we'd won the title.

Disrespectful? Who do they think they are?

What?

Title. Trophy. Champagne.

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, evil jack said:

It was only Fuchs who sprayed champagne over him during the press conference after we'd won the title.

Disrespectful? Who do they think they are?

What?

Title. Trophy. Champagne.

:rolleyes:

During a press conference, whilst seated, not during a celebration ..... Go and get a big order, whilst your boss is sat at his desk shower him with babycham ..... see how suitable he thinks it is!!! It struck me at the time as a bit surprising.

Rorke's drift..or   Ranieri's  Rift.

I just couldnt care...he is the manager, only foxes manager who has lifted the  'Precious'

The players have lost fans respect, not for losing, but for the lack of bite and losing that

fearless tag. They have had 22 games to balance out their performances.They were given

their management support.They if anybody have lost it..Ranieri picked

what he believed were champions..

I still wont blame anybody..!!  We rode the crest of the wave, reached a pinnacle that many

deemed right to the last minute impossible. I know for one its just unfortunately "one of those things"

Forget Kante...The stay behinds, the 1-2 more seasons loyals , had given their all.

That 1 season, not too far...this season is the season too far. So what..you only have to do it once!!

Hard to take  we have imploded, and not done a Chelsea, we have been poor.Chelsea still played football.

They had within the same players continual extra quality..

hey..!!   I still say thanks to my legends of .....2015/2016 PL Champions..:scarf:

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Rorke's drift..or   Ranieri's  Rift.

I just couldnt care...he is the manager, only foxes manager who has lifted the  'Precious'

The players have lost fans respect, not for losing, but for the lack of bite and losing that

fearless tag. They have had 22 games to balance out their performances.They were given

their management support.They if anybody have lost it..Ranieri picked

what he believed were champions..

I still wont blame anybody..!!  We rode the crest of the wave, reached a pinnacle that many

deemed right to the last minute impossible. I know for one its just unfortunately "one of those things"

Forget Kante...The stay behinds, the 1-2 more seasons loyals , had given their all.

That 1 season, not too far...this season is the season too far. So what..you only have to do it once!!

Hard to take  we have imploded, and not done a Chelsea, we have been poor.Chelsea still played football.

They had within the same players continual extra quality..

hey..!!   I still say thanks to my legends of .....2015/2016 PL Champions..:scarf:

Whatever happens no one can take away what the players did last year. I'm proud to be a foxes fan. 

14 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I agree with him - thought that Fuchs was well out of order doing that and CR looked pretty miffed at the time..... But as gent laughed it off once he could see again!!

It surprises me that people thought it was disrespectful towards Ranieri? I saw it as a sign of affection that they all made the effort to do it. If you won the league, would you do something similar to your manager as you are just over the moon? Or course he was miffed, he's soaked but he took it in good spirit. Also, if at that point the players didn't respect Ranieri, how come they all signed new contracts and didn't leave. Drinky, Vardy, Mahrez could have left for the same money as we were offering but stayed. Mahrez brought in his mate Slimani! If they didn't respect the manager, why did all this happen? Surely you'd want to leave and get out while you can? 

People read into things too much. Players from other clubs have played pranks on their manager throughout the years. I remember one manager getting drowned in ice water (but can't remember who) in an interview situation. 

I think this season Ranieri has tried new tactics (some I actually agree with) but the players are struggling to adapt to them. This is mainly down to a bizarre pre-season where we couldn't try new tactics, bed in players because we were jet setting around the world. It hurt Chelsea last season, and now we are struggling. 

15 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Get real, it was champagne to celebrate what has widely been referred to as the greatest sporting achievement. It's not as if Ranieri was at the hub of a players bukkake celebration party in which case he'd have had every right to be miffed. 

Winning the title shouldn't guarantee anyone's job for life.

It's ancient history now and the focus should be firmly on the next potential achievements as top clubs demonstrate all the time. 

The celebrations should have finished months ago but some of our staff don't seem mature enough to cope with that and to get their feet back on the floor so they can do their job properly.

I don't care whether Ranieri's popular or not. I do care that he's fair to people and I do care that he's effective, both in terms of the performances he draws from the players, his contribution to the development of our aspiring youngsters and the standard of our recruitment.

On what he's paid, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to cope with these three tasks.        

Right now in relation to this which is the one we're on as opposed to last season, I'd say he rating about 3/10 and that's mostly related to the Champions League when we haven't excited with our performances but we have got results.       

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Such a shame we're being offered an obscene amount, a profitable amount on Slimani and we let someone who isn't much different to him be treated like this. Absolute joke.

Slimani is a lot better than Leo.

Just now, Goober said:

Slimani is a lot better than Leo.

I respect your opinion but I beg to differ.

Certainly not £22m (Slimani £30m - Ulloa £8m) better.

Or the amount of money I dare say we're getting for Ulloa compared to whats being offered for Slimani.

Archived