Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ulloa

1 minute ago, foxhateram said:

Not sure he is the sort of player to play for 'the club' anyway tbh. He seems a pretty isolated character, does his thing for himself only. Ranieri has a lot to answer for at the minute.

Aside from it being late in the window, I personally wouldn't be massively upset if we let Slimani go for a huge offer and try to get Leo happy again. Looking at the goals Slimani has scored I don't think there are any that Ulloa wouldn't have finished himself anyway. If we had time to reinvest Slimani money into our defence it'd be fine with me!

11 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Treated him like shit? Have we? We have signed other players you cannot expect to be first choice, he's been given a decent chance like many, if he scored a hat trick every time he started of course he would get more game time.

Im sorry but he's probably on 30k+ a week, all this about 'wanting to be a footballer again?' No mate, you just want more money, I can't blame him for that but unless someone offers us what he's worth (6m+) then why should we sell?

Bollocks mate, absolute bollocks. One premier league start all season and hasn't even started cup matches and the Porto game with the whole side rotated, how is that being given a chance. Imo whenever he's come on he's looked lively and looked to hold it up and get involved, feels right to be annoyed with other strikers not contributing. Leicester legend and always will be

10 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Aside from it being late in the window, I personally wouldn't be massively upset if we let Slimani go for a huge offer and try to get Leo happy again. Looking at the goals Slimani has scored I don't think there are any that Ulloa wouldn't have finished himself anyway. If we had time to reinvest Slimani money into our defence it'd be fine with me!

Would you take that risk considering our league position and champions league tie? You'd be stupid if you did 

3 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Bollocks mate, absolute bollocks. One premier league start all season and hasn't even started cup matches and the Porto game with the whole side rotated, how is that being given a chance. Imo whenever he's come on he's looked lively and looked to hold it up and get involved, feels right to be annoyed with other strikers not contributing. Leicester legend and always will be

taking it a bit far 

9 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

He was our first choice striker in 14/15. Then replaced by Vardy in 15/16 who scored 24 goals and fired us to the title. Hes had plenty of chances over the years, scored some important goals but not consistent enough.

He clearly doesn't care much for LCFC else he wouldn't be pulling all this nonsense, reason he's annoyed is due to money and not getting a new contract. He won't be auto 1st choice striker unless he drops down a league 

1 hour ago, MaxR said:

He definitely didn't type the tweet. Done by his agent.

If he leave he leaves knowing he's accomplished more than his price tag. Some crucial goals and a brilliant footballer. 

All the best Leo!

Even if he didnt i'm sure his employee didnt do it off his own back

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Come summer this team will be ripped apart.

I'm expecting this too, but honestly it might be necessary.

• How long can Morgan and Huth genuinely go on? They don't look like they could be first team for anyone this season.
  • Mahrez is way too good for Leicester. We will get good money for him but he will go to a really big team and do well there and I personally will cry. (A very Kante-like situation).
  • Kasper has proven himself to be a consistent and class Premier League keeper. But it appears that he doesn't get on with Claudio so barring his dad coming in as manager, he will probably be off to Liverpool or similar.
  • After a strong start Drinkwater has completely lost the plot. I'd love to keep him but he's another I can see going. As of right now it looks like he needs a fresh start somewhere because mentally he is all over the place.
  • Vardy will probably stay given his contract but equally would likely be the type to go to USA or China in a flash for a pay day. He's had his story but has reached the pinnacle of his career.
  • Okazaki will go back to Germany. He's the wrong side of 30 now and the club clearly want a longer-term replacement.
  • If Ranieri lasts the season (pretty big if right now) even he I think will leave or move up to club ambassador. He's clearly struggling to motivate the team.

When it happens it will be a sad day for the club, but it's just part of life. For some weird and wonderful reason the unlikeliest set of rag-tag journeymen and late bloomers somehow found each other at exactly the right time at exactly the right team and shocked the world. And we got to witness it! The last truly great LCFC team before this one was the Martin O'Neil team with Lennon / Izzet / Savage and that slowly broke apart as MON left, followed by key players so it's just a matter of time before it happens to this one too.

If we stay up we still have reason to be cheerful. Perhaps there is a new dream team forming. Gray, Chillwell, Ndidi, Amartey are all very young but promising players. The structure of the club is still solid and we have our fantastic owners. The story will go on, one way or another!

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

• How long can Morgan and Huth genuinely go on? They don't look like they could be first team for anyone this season.
  • Mahrez is way too good for Leicester. We will get good money for him but he will go to a really big team and do well there and I personally will cry. (A very Kante-like situation).
  • Kasper has proven himself to be a consistent and class Premier League keeper. But it appears that he doesn't get on with Claudio so barring his dad coming in as manager, he will probably be off to Liverpool or similar.
  • After a strong start Drinkwater has completely lost the plot. I'd love to keep him but he's another I can see going. As of right now it looks like he needs a fresh start somewhere because mentally he is all over the place.
  • Vardy will probably stay given his contract but equally would likely be the type to go to USA or China in a flash for a pay day. He's had his story but has reached the pinnacle of his career.
  • Okazaki will go back to Germany. He's the wrong side of 30 now and the club clearly want a longer-term replacement.
  • If Ranieri lasts the season (pretty big if right now) even he I think will leave or move up to club ambassador. He's clearly struggling to motivate the team.

When it happens it will be a sad day for the club, but it's just part of life. For some weird and wonderful reason the unlikeliest set of rag-tag journeymen and late bloomers somehow found each other at exactly the right time at exactly the right team and shocked the world. And we got to witness it! The last truly great LCFC team before this one was the Martin O'Neil team with Lennon / Izzet / Savage and that slowly broke apart as MON left, followed by key players so it's just a matter of time before it happens to this one too.

If we stay up we still have reason to be cheerful. Perhaps there is a new dream team forming. Gray, Chillwell, Ndidi, Amartey are all very young but promising players. The structure of the club is still solid and we have our fantastic owners. The story will go on, one way or another!

What a great post, couldn't have put it better myself!

Teams and success tend to go in cycles, maybe it's just coming to the end of this

unbelievable cycle that we've all had the fantastic fortune of being part of.

It surprises me that people thought it was disrespectful towards Ranieri? I saw it as a sign of affection that they all made the effort to do it. If you won the league, would you do something similar to your manager as you are just over the moon? Or course he was miffed, he's soaked but he took it in good spirit. Also, if at that point the players didn't respect Ranieri, how come they all signed new contracts and didn't leave. Drinky, Vardy, Mahrez could have left for the same money as we were offering but stayed. Mahrez brought in his mate Slimani! If they didn't respect the manager, why did all this happen? Surely you'd want to leave and get out while you can? 

People read into things too much. Players from other clubs have played pranks on their manager throughout the years. I remember one manager getting drowned in ice water (but can't remember who) in an interview situation. 

I think this season Ranieri has tried new tactics (some I actually agree with) but the players are struggling to adapt to them. This is mainly down to a bizarre pre-season where we couldn't try new tactics, bed in players because we were jet setting around the world. It hurt Chelsea last season, and now we are struggling. 

I think we can stop blaming pre-season now. The players have had enough games and training time to get used to the tactics.

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

He was our first choice striker in 14/15. Then replaced by Vardy in 15/16 who scored 24 goals and fired us to the title. Hes had plenty of chances over the years, scored some important goals but not consistent enough.

He clearly doesn't care much for LCFC else he wouldn't be pulling all this nonsense, reason he's annoyed is due to money and not getting a new contract. He won't be auto 1st choice striker unless he drops down a league 

Indeed. When he's played he's been rank average. Cry about that Leo, not what others have or have' nt  done for you

9 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Treated him like shit? Have we? We have signed other players you cannot expect to be first choice, he's been given a decent chance like many, if he scored a hat trick every time he started of course he would get more game time.

Im sorry but he's probably on 30k+ a week, all this about 'wanting to be a footballer again?' No mate, you just want more money, I can't blame him for that but unless someone offers us what he's worth (6m+) then why should we sell?

If he goes to Alaves, there is no way he will earn more. I think this is a genuine post that he knows he is 30 and this is his last chance to really play week in week out.  He was a super sub last season, and played his part in our success, and winning every week and playing a supporting role would have kept him happy.  Different story when we are poor and he hasn't been involved.

Do I think he is better than Slim or Vardy?  No.  I think we say thank you to him, he'll always be remembered for his important goals - especially the earthquake, which gives me goosebumps every time I think of it still - but I think it may be time to part ways - especially if no one is happy.  Kind of like when you vow to stay with your girlfriend / boyfriend from school when you go to uni, but then break up in October as you know it not what you had any more... 

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

?

I'll definitely miss Leo! Massive contribution to the club, but the word "legend" is banded around too much for me. Steve Walsh, Lineker, Muzzy,Vardy they will go down as legends, but Leo is some way short of that category. Unless you take the view that every member of last seasons squad is a legend, which I guess you can make an argument for.

I really dont don't understand people saying he's better than Slimi either? Slimi has a decent goal scoring record for us and most of the time he's been here, we've played very defensive football. Slimi is a genuine goal scorer and if we start playing to our strengths then he will be a very good player for us!

Anyway - good luck Leo - a good player and a good lad by all accounts - another one of the unbelievables whose story will be etched in the history books!

Archived