Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Claudio

Just now, 5waller5 said:

Me neither ..... It's starting to really wind me up people being so negative within 6 months of achieving more than we have in 120+ years.

In answer to your question, as bizarre as it may seem, yes i'd stick by him if we were relegated.

I agree the negative atmosphere is toxic, I hope the players actually have a similar feeling ... Perhaps embarrassment. 

We we avheived the impossible last year and I cried like a baby when we lifted the trophy and the entire day at Vicky park. 

I am am truly worried about the state of the team at present. Everything we were lauded for last year has vanished and been replaced with the opposite. 

My opinion is he needs to go, maybe move him upstairs. I think the team needs a real motivator and disciplinarian to come in. A fair few of the lads seem to have developed 'big time Charley' syndrome. Claudio doesn't seem to have the character to bully them back in place and get anything near like their best from them at present. They have given up and this is what worries me most mate. Only the squad and staff have the full knowledge of where and why things have gone wrong. I can analyse performance well and tactics but that's a part of the problem  in an entirely large and complex concern. 

My god these threads sound like the threads of the 2014/15 season when we had weekly threads about NP. LCFC were in a much worse position and he wasn't sacked and we all know what happened. I remember saying back then that sacking NP might work but it might not - there is evidence either way. And that was NP and not a man who had just won the league with us. He deserves at least the time that NP got (and some more). Get real and get behind the team.

1 minute ago, Renart said:

My god these threads sound like the threads of the 2014/15 season when we had weekly threads about NP. LCFC were in a much worse position and he wasn't sacked and we all know what happened. I remember saying back then that sacking NP might work but it might not - there is evidence either way. And that was NP and not a man who had just won the league with us. He deserves at least the time that NP got (and some more). Get real and get behind the team.

Unfortunately there's a big difference between then and now. Then we had the occasional glimpse that we might get out of it - we rarely got absolutely humped and gave most sides a game. Now we're just turning up and rolling over nearly every week.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Unfortunately there's a big difference between then and now. Then we had the occasional glimpse that we might get out of it - we rarely got absolutely humped and gave most sides a game. Now we're just turning up and rolling over nearly every week.

We also weren't Champions of England with £70 million of new players.

We all accept that last season was a freak. So outside of a freak what is normal? If it is this then we are in massive trouble. It hurts because Claudio is a gent and his contribution towards our incredible season will never be forgotten. But, its plain to see the team are in free-fall. 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

He looked truly dejected in his post match interview today. First time I have seen that..

Was just about to say this, he looked a broken and upset man.

Perhaps he knows he's on the brink.

It's sad and unfortunate, I want him to turn it round but it cannot go on and time is running out.

I just hope the players feel awful about the situation, shoulder some of the blame, and start stepping up, because they are just as much as fault with their lacklustre performances.

I watch this team and genuinely cannot see how we present any sort of attacking threat  . We have the mindset to pass sideways in front of the opposition until forced back or losing the ball . Any sort of individual break out seems to end with a poor decision - unconvincing shot or wrong choice of pass 

In my mind last season was built on the back of the great escape, Ranieri came in high profile lovely chap,  the players responded well to his appointment, the team picked itself week in and out. The problems started in the summer as we all know. Big contracts and not everyone got them, egos rubbing people up the wrong way. Our recruitment was awful. We all know that prior to the Great escape that Morgan and Huth were not up to task, but somehow they managed a last hoorah, but we all know that it's gone. Seeing either of them throw themselves infront of a shot which was common place last season has stopped. We stand off the ball allow crosses into the box, closing down is none existent at the moment. We lost Walsh and Kante and I believe that Walsh had a big hand in what went on tactics wise and that's why Ranieri let things play out without too much interruption at the beginning. The owners after seeing 70-80 million literally wasted in the summer are not now gonna splash the cash in the position were in. No player would want to come now if they see how negative we are. Claudio can't fix this, he's done. I reckon he's lost the players confidence. 

Ranieri in terms of personality and how he conducts himself is everything the owners want, add the fact he won us the league, it will take a bit more than what has happened for him to get the boot. 5 points clear, last 16 of the CL while they would expect better and be disappointed they probably don't see it has a disaster yet.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Was just about to say this, he looked a broken and upset man.

Perhaps he knows he's on the brink.

It's sad and unfortunate, I want him to turn it round but it cannot go on and time is running out.

I just hope the players feel awful about the situation, shoulder some of the blame, and start stepping up, because they are just as much as fault with their lacklustre performances.

My thoughts also and I feel genuinely depressed tonight. I know end of the day it's just a game but I'm very sad at how badly the players are letting Claudio down. His post match interview shown to me the body language of a betrayed man. Our players have too much money and no passion left 

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

Another Claudio topic....really?

Shall we have one about Schmeichel's shite kicking, being beaten by two easy goals in the first half too?

Maybe one about Danny Drinkwater's inability to find his mate with any sort of a pass?

Vardy being static?

Mahrez running into blind alleys all season?

Blame the guys who got a payrise and stopped performing.

Yes, this is what foxes talk is about, if u don't like it.........

2 minutes ago, langtonfox said:

Yes, this is what foxes talk is about, if u don't like it.........

If I don't like it what? I'm not some newb, I've been here for 9 years mate. Seen the same with manager after manager when we go on a losing run. The point is there are 5 or 6 threads on it already. We don't need anymore.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

If I don't like it what? I'm not some newb, I've been here for 9 years mate. Seen the same with manager after manager when we go on a losing run. The point is there are 5 or 6 threads on it already. We don't need anymore.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Don't log in then. 

It seems like we're getting worse which is what's most alarming. During the great escape the mental strength of the side was still strong whereas now we don't have the same character so I just cannot see Ranieri turning it around. I'd rather him jump before he's pushed.

4 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We all accept that last season was a freak. So outside of a freak what is normal? If it is this then we are in massive trouble. It hurts because Claudio is a gent and his contribution towards our incredible season will never be forgotten. But, its plain to see the team are in free-fall. 

Bang on!

Archived