Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Claudio

On 1/24/2017 at 10:16, 5waller5 said:

WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE WITH LCFC.

The level of disloyalty that the guy gets annoys me .....  this question is a new low.

On one hand you're totally right. I'll never forget that. Standing on the corner of Gallowtree Gate and Horsefair St and watching that bus come down was something I never ever thought I would see. I wished my Dad has still been alive to see it. And for bringing that cup to Leicester I will be eternally grateful

BUT.....

That was last year. This season is very different, and you can only be judged by your performance at the moment. Do you think that

1) Claudio has a realistic plan to help us survive that doesn't rely on Sunderland, Dull et al making more mistakes than we do?

2) If he does have such a plan, do you think he can he get the team to follow it and execute it?

Unless the answer to BOTH of these questions is yes, then I think it is probably time to go

its obvious ranieri diesnt know what to do, thats why he went so long without making changes and when he did the players told him what to do.

its like he's waiting for us to magically return to last seasons form.

for me the one saving grace was we made it to the january transfer window with our heads above water and could splash the cash on the 3/4 players needed but that has gone down the shítter.

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:13, Grewks said:

What has Claudio actually 'done'?

Signings?

The players which won the league last season were part of the previous regime.

Systems?

The system which won the league last season was part of the previous regime.

Shocking football, no effort, no co-ordination, no signs of improvement....quite frankly no clue.

This is the most Grewks post I've ever seen.

What an absolute weapon you are.

If we sign nobody today and get tonked by Burnley then thats the final straw for me. 

I'm trying to find any excuse to believe in Ranieri but it's evident he simply doesn't know what to do. 

Burnley could be one of the biggest games of the season, it's 3 points or bye bye for me. 

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

People tend to challenge utter nonsense when there is so little to back it up with.

Doesn't mean they're upset, unlike the pussies on here throwing theit toys out the pram trying to scapegoat the manager so they don't have to chuck their Vardy shirt in the bin.

There is evidence to back it up though, it's in the performances and a previously tight-knit squad that played for the manager and for each other has become a sprawling mess of individualism with players such as Gray, Schlupp and Ulloa openly showing dissent.

Players are being mismanaged and  and it's showing in the performances they are willing to put in!

The Championship winning squad and mentality which brought us to this dance has been well and truly ripped apart and replaced with an unbalanced cluster of possibly more talented but ultimately inadequate signings that don't care about Leicester City, have little desire and are here for the money, and this has dragged down the rest of the squad with it.

Sorry, but under Pearson and Walsh's watch I just don't think you can say this would have happened. I have no faith at all in this squad's ability to dig in and pull clear of trouble should we drop into the bottom 3.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

There is evidence to back it up though, its in the performances and a previously tight-knit squad that played for the manager and for each other has become a sprawling mess of individualism with players such as Gray, Schlupp and Ulloa openly showing dissent.

Players are being mismanaged and  and it's showing in the performances they are willing to put in!

The Championship winning squad and mentality which brought us to this dance has been well and truly disposed of and replaced with a cluster of possibly more talented but ultimately inadequate signings that don't care about Leicester City, have little desire and are here for the money, and this has dragged down the rest of the squad with it.

Sorry, but under Pearson and Walsh's watch I just don't think you can say this would have happened.

Whilst I truly believe we wouldn't have won the league last year with Pearson in charge - Ranieri was the right man to make that happen - I do find it very hard to disagree with what you've put above. 

All of the hard work that Pearson and his team put into making this a tightly run ship; utilising only players with the right desire and attitude - is now being undone. That work, in my opinion laid the foundations for what happened last season, and we benefited from it in the greatest way possible but we are now going to go backwards because it isn't present any more as well.

Our recruitment now seems to be a case of pop some player photos on a dart board, blind-fold Ranieri and get him to chuck a dart in the general direction and then if we're even half lucky we might sign that player. If unlucky we'll just enquire about and halfheartedly try to sign any old dog-shit because we've backed ourselves into a corner.

Winning the league was ****ing amazing - a beautiful thing to see, once in a life-time shit - but at what long-term cost? We are well and truly on the road to finding that out now. 

2 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

Whilst I truly believe we wouldn't have won the league last year with Pearson in charge - Ranieri was the right man to make that happen - I do find it very hard to disagree with what you've put above. 

All of the hard work that Pearson and his team put into making this a tightly run ship; utilising only players with the right desire and attitude - is now being undone. That work, in my opinion laid the foundations for what happened last season, and we benefited from it in the greatest way possible but we are now going to go backwards because it isn't present any more as well.

Our recruitment now seems to be a case of pop some player photos on a dart board, blind-fold Ranieri and get him to chuck a dart in the general direction and then if we're even half lucky we might sign that player. If unlucky we'll just enquire about and halfheartedly try to sign any old dog-shit because we've backed ourselves into a corner.

Winning the league was ****ing amazing - a beautiful thing to see, once in a life-time shit - but at what long-term cost? We are well and truly on the road to finding that out now. 

You're absolutely spot on here I think!

We wouldn't have won the league with Pearson, I don't think he was ruthless enough, but if he'd stayed in charge I reckon in 3 years we'd be Premier League mainstays pushing for Europe (a la Southampton) rather then the direction we are going: rabble either scraping to cling onto our PL status (a la Sunderland) or more likely mid-table in the Championship again (Forest anyone).

I'm finding it sad, and hard to watch how quickly years of good planning and sensible decisions and management is being pissed away by ineptitude and that's not just Claudio to blame for that either!

On 1/23/2017 at 11:13, Grewks said:

What has Claudio actually 'done'?

Signings?

The players which won the league last season were part of the previous regime.

Systems?

The system which won the league last season was part of the previous regime.

Shocking football, no effort, no co-ordination, no signs of improvement....quite frankly no clue.

Ranieri managed our team to the equivalent of a football miracle and on many occasions it was his, sometimes very early changes, that made a positive difference.

He got as much out of our players as I could imagine possible including some memorable and emphatic wins against some of the best teams in the country.

There were other things too like his calm, good natured handling of the media and his keeping things in proportion so as to keep the team fully focused.

But that was last season. Past history.

This season a whole lot of things have gone wrong from the start and semingly got worse.

Like others, I didn't expect us to win the title again but I did expect us to consolidate our position around the top 10 in the table and to develop our style into one that reflected.the basis of a team that could stay in and around the top group for a long time. And compete consistently for prizes.

In truth I've been underwhelmed, disappointed and don't think we've even played particularly well, in the Champions League. We've been functional rather than impressive but we reached the final stages and that's to be commended.

The question now is whether Ranieri's the man to sort the immediate crisis and is he the man to take us forward into the future? 

He does worry me. We've not been short of forwards but still haven't scored many goals this season - 24 in 22 league games which is barely one a game when I've said so many times that we need a minimum of two. And all this while leaving a 12-15 goals a season on the sidelines.

I don't understand it  but I do wonder. Especially when our England centre-forward is not so much firing blanks as not firing at all and Okasaki not made much contribution to the "Goals For" column either.

I don't know how many managers would accept that but I wouldn't be one of them. 

We've also imploded defensively yet others have pointed out that our sometimes impregnable defence of last season kept a whole lot of clean sheets pre-Kante so that's not only problem. Referee directives haven't helped but, again, our management knew of this and had the chance to act.

That "chance to act" seems a recurring theme this season and is what concerns me most. Managers are expected to manage and when "chances to act" haven't been taken it doesn't shout "master management". 

So, along with a whole lot of other reasons, Ranieri needs to brighten his badges big time - starting tonight in the Pennine drizzle of Burnley.   Otherwise .... it's going to get hard to make a case for the bloke apart from the fact that there's not a lot of brilliant alternatives waiting in the wings. 

Ranieri vs Pearson

Rudkin vs Walsh

People naturally harp back to the "good old days" when the chips are down. Lets not forget it was Ranieri who led us the best "good old day of all", a calming influence and an ability to deflect the pressure was one of his key traits that got us all the way to the title including keeping the unit firmly together all the way through.

Pearson was great at keeping order, he gave us some cracking memories, but my impression was he managed through fear, punishing all who stood against him (including owners of clubs)..many players did, Danns, Beckford, Wood, Albrighton wasn't his biggest fan, and even Gradel and Knockeart felt frozen out in the end), three of these seem to of become better players after Pearson allowed them to be sold, so its hardly his finest hour. So I'm trying to say nothing much group wise has changed.

When confidence is high to can take on anything, but when its not its all hands to the drawing board to try and find that spark again, which is what we need to do. I believe Ranieri is still doing a good job at keeping the pressure off the players so we can try and find the answer. I firmly want him to remain in charge.

6 minutes ago, Donut said:

Cant get my head around the forcefulness of the negativity.

I doubt Craig Levin or Ian Holloway took this much of a battering from you and your totally illogical arguments.

Yet you cant wait to get a Premier League winning manager with a comfortable league position and two good cup runs out the door. The reactions make no sense.

Are you both genuinely upset with a perception that Pearson isnt credited as the main reason we won the league?

What is it that youre so determined to hold up Pearson as an example of, when even in a "poor" season like this one, theres still a realistic possibility of bettering the league position, a strong FA cup run, and weve also competed in the Champions League?

Normally you're not worth responding to but in the interest of discussion, I do actually believe the impact of the man who between 2008 and 2015 turned round this club like a sinking ship, put us on course to the promised land and delivered us there is not be to belittled and scoffed at like you constantly seem to, both when he was here and after he left.

6 minutes ago, Donut said:

Cant get my head around the forcefulness of the negativity.

I doubt Craig Levin or Ian Holloway took this much of a battering from you and your totally illogical arguments.

Yet you cant wait to get a Premier League winning manager with a comfortable league position and two good cup runs out the door. The reactions make no sense.

Are you both genuinely upset with a perception that Pearson isnt credited as the main reason we won the league?

What is it that youre so determined to hold up Pearson as an example of, when even in a "poor" season like this one, theres still a realistic possibility of bettering the league position, a strong FA cup run, and weve also competed in the Champions League?

I do not propose to get sidetracked by the old NP v CR debate. It doesn't help us find a way forward. But we will see by around 9.50 tonight whether we really have "a realistic possibility of bettering the league position" or not.

Pearson was given through April to figure out what was wrong with the team, and get it turned around. He put us into a 3-5-2 and the rest is history. Why shouldn't we give Ranieri the same level of trust and loyalty? Ranieri has achieved what few has ever dreamed of, and our situation is not nearly as dire.

The notion that Ranieri did very little and "continued with the existing momentum" is intellectually dishonest at best and utter tripe at worst.

Here are things CR did to win us the league 

- Brought back Albrighton and Simpson from the wilderness and made them perform above their talent level.

- Used Vardy to his strength and turned an OK player into a 25 goal Premier League striker

- Revolutionised Mahrez from an ineffectual winger to a PFA Player of the Year footballer.

- Played Huth and Morgan to their strength and made them perform above their level.

- Changes games tactically during the games itself  (Southampton away, Villa home, Stoke away etc)

Ranieri has a lot to answer for this season but I won't accept this propaganda that he didn't do anything and it was just Pearson's spirit and momentum that won us the league. 

For me he has gone full blown simpleton this season. 

Just sits there looking lobotomized most of the time where as last season with the same squar (minus kante) if he saw something wasnt working he changed it.

On 30/01/2017 at 16:35, Grewks said:

Who wasn't here from the previous regime?

Fuchs - signed by Pearson/Walsh.

Kante - not wanted by Ranieri, Walsh persuaded him.

Benalouane - pointless and useless

Inler - pointless and useless

Ranieri has been here for 18 months so of course most of the players used are signed pre 2015. 

Ranieri did sign Gray and Kante, and gave Chilwell his debut.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Normally you're not worth responding to but in the interest of discussion, I do actually believe the impact of the man who between 2008 and 2015 turned round this club like a sinking ship, put us on course to the promised land and delivered us there is not be to belittled and scoffed at like you constantly seem to, both when he was here and after he left.

And that much is obvious, but im asking why your reactions to Ranieri are so over the top.

Youve totally discredited everything he did last season and not acknowledged he did anything positive. As i see it, you mostly put it down to inheriting Pearson's structure, players, staff. You dont seem to be of the belief Ranieri did anything. We could have had Barry Fry in charge and wed have won the league because he would have inherited the structure.

But now having had preseason, he has decided to rip everything up and do things "the Raineri way". So presumably hes converted Shakespeare and Stowell and brainwashed them into the "Ranieri Way". The players are absolved of any blame at all? because theyre under the spell of "the Ranieri way" and its up to Ranieri to figure out why theyve all dropped off because they need an excuse to hide behind rather than a look in the mirror?

I get what Pearson's done in his history, its been important, he got us back to the Premier League and did a terrific job. Id just like to know why a manager who has come along and done an even better job is looked at so unfavourably?

Periods of rebuilding are inevitable. Unless Ranieri had a crystal ball, he couldnt predict Vardy, Morgan, Huth et al would all drop off massively. Ferguson had to build 3 or 4 teams in his reign at Old Trafford. And when alls said and done, league title or not, were still Leicester City. We dont have the attraction of a top European team. 5th placed Man Utd can still land Pogba. We might need a centre back but we aint getting Hummels.

And he is rebuilding, with youthful signings like Ndidi, Mendy, bringing Chilwell through for more game time, game time for Gray, another good signing. Lets give these guys a chance.

The football hasnt been good this season. Totally get that. But again this is a combination of factors. But of course, its easy to just shout "Oi, Ranieri, youre shit mate". Even when hes put a trophy we were lacking for our entire existence on the table.

So i can only put it down to perhaps his persona, which was a large part of what made us successful last season, that upsets you? Does a manager have to be abrasive? a journalist hating one man army? I dont know. Ranieri's clever use of man management and the media has largely been artistry in his time here.

I dont know if its Xenophobia? Do we need a proper englishman to manage with some proper english ideas because we dont want to watch slow foreign rubbish on the pitch?

Or its just this deep rooted sense of injustice that Pearson was sacked, despite you not knowing exactly why, and he has therefore been robbed of the accolades he wouldnt have won if here, but you feel he rightly deserves in his absence?

Just cant really work it out.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

There is evidence to back it up though, it's in the performances and a previously tight-knit squad that played for the manager and for each other has become a sprawling mess of individualism with players such as Gray, Schlupp and Ulloa openly showing dissent.

The Championship winning squad and mentality which brought us to this dance has been well and truly ripped apart and replaced with an unbalanced cluster of possibly more talented but ultimately inadequate signings that don't care about Leicester City, have little desire and are here for the money, and this has dragged down the rest of the squad with it.

Sorry, but under Pearson and Walsh's watch I just don't think you can say this would have happened. I have no faith at all in this squad's ability to dig in and pull clear of trouble should we drop into the bottom 3.

We were firmly rooted to the bottom of the league for 6 months under Pearson's and Walsh's watch, and only desperation when it was all or nothing allowed us to win games and escape.

Pearson seemed clueless himself tactically that season and he had lost his head so much he was strangling players and arguing with journalists in public press conferences.

What's happened to Pearson since then? He's gone to Derby and in no time has fallen out with another owner and been sacked. McLaren goes in and takes the same players from the relegation mix to the playoff mix in no time.

Pearson did a great job for us overall of course, but he's clearly trouble, certainly not a man who could produce such detailed 'plans' that enabled Ranieri to win us the league, load of rubbish.

And where is Pearson now? Unemployed and will be lucky to get a Championship job again.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

And that much is obvious, but im asking why your reactions to Ranieri are so over the top.

Youve totally discredited everything he did last season and not acknowledged he did anything positive. As i see it, you mostly put it down to inheriting Pearson's structure, players, staff. You dont seem to be of the belief Ranieri did anything. We could have had Barry Fry in charge and wed have won the league because he would have inherited the structure.

But now having had preseason, he has decided to rip everything up and do things "the Raineri way". So presumably hes converted Shakespeare and Stowell and brainwashed them into the "Ranieri Way". The players are absolved of any blame at all? because theyre under the spell of "the Ranieri way" and its up to Ranieri to figure out why theyve all dropped off because they need an excuse to hide behind rather than a look in the mirror?

I get what Pearson's done in his history, its been important, he got us back to the Premier League and did a terrific job. Id just like to know why a manager who has come along and done an even better job is looked at so unfavourably?

Periods of rebuilding are inevitable. Unless Ranieri had a crystal ball, he couldnt predict Vardy, Morgan, Huth et al would all drop off massively. Ferguson had to build 3 or 4 teams in his reign at Old Trafford. And when alls said and done, league title or not, were still Leicester City. We dont have the attraction of a top European team. 5th placed Man Utd can still land Pogba. We might need a centre back but we aint getting Hummels.

And he is rebuilding, with youthful signings like Ndidi, Mendy, bringing Chilwell through for more game time, game time for Gray, another good signing. Lets give these guys a chance.

The football hasnt been good this season. Totally get that. But again this is a combination of factors. But of course, its easy to just shout "Oi, Ranieri, youre shit mate". Even when hes put a trophy we were lacking for our entire existence on the table.

So i can only put it down to perhaps his persona, which was a large part of what made us successful last season, that upsets you? Does a manager have to be abrasive? a journalist hating one man army? I dont know. Ranieri's clever use of man management and the media has largely been artistry in his time here.

I dont know if its Xenophobia? Do we need a proper englishman to manage with some proper english ideas because we dont want to watch slow foreign rubbish on the pitch?

Or its just this deep rooted sense of injustice that Pearson was sacked, despite you not knowing exactly why, and he has therefore been robbed of the accolades he wouldnt have won if here, but you feel he rightly deserves in his absence?

Just cant really work it out.

To try and sum it up in a nutshell, I believe that Claudio is a good manager from 3-5pm on a Saturday. He's tactically astute and has a lot of experience on how to win games. 

However I also believe he is desperately inadequate at other parts of the job and unfortunately isn't getting much help from Rudkin. He's a classic short-termist (a la Mourinho) who'll do all he can to do well in the present moment whilst putting little thought / not being too bothered about strategies and planning that will build and safeguard the future. You said we're in a process of rebuilding, well no thought has gone into it hence why we have so drastically and quickly gone backwards.

I fully recognise that the exploits of last year made everyone do the necessary to get over the line and prioritise winning the League over everything. But I think Ranieri too old to really want to build a club's future. He came in, improved our team and won the league and nobody can take that off his CV our out of our trophy cabinet. . But I don't want it to be at the expense of our next 10 years. I'm certain CR not a manager who'll build and improve a team in the long term, and I really admired Pearson's commitment to doing that, backed by Shakey and Steve Walsh of course. 

Pearson would have fallen out with half the team by now. Not sure he'd be ok with half the players promoting 'brands' instead of concentrating on the game. He never really did well with egos, Vardy, a striker who was about to pack it in on 10k a week is easier than current Vardy for sure.

I'm not sure there is a manager that can fix this mess if Ranieri goes. 

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes really.

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

To try and sum it up in a nutshell, I believe that Claudio is a good manager from 3-5pm on a Saturday. He's tactically astute and has a lot of experience on how to win games. 

However I also believe he is desperately inadequate at other parts of the job and unfortunately isn't getting much help from Rudkin. He's a classic short-termist (a la Mourinho) who'll do all he can to do well in the present moment whilst putting little thought / not being too bothered about strategies and planning that will build and safeguard the future. You said we're in a process of rebuilding, well no thought has gone into it hence why we have so drastically and quickly gone backwards.

I fully recognise that the exploits of last year made everyone do the necessary to get over the line and prioritise winning the League over everything. But I think Ranieri too old to really want to build a club's future. He came in, improved our team and won the league and nobody can take that off his CV our out of our trophy cabinet. . But I don't want it to be at the expense of our next 10 years. I'm certain CR not a manager who'll build and improve a team in the long term, and I really admired Pearson's commitment to doing that, backed by Shakey and Steve Walsh of course. 

So has he converted all the remaining Pearson staff including Shakey who you say you admire, to Ranierism too then? Are they all now woefully inadequate on the training ground when the same people were a major part of the "structure" you talk about from last season?

If Ranieri had no thoughts on the future, why has he taken to signing younger players as a major strategy? Youd just get some more short term Robert Huth's in and Cambiasso's if you had no long term strategy? because you know theyre only good for a year or so and then you need to replace them. But we dont seem prepared to give the young players he has brought in a chance.

Also, we cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that Kaputska, Musa, Slimani were all scouted by Walsh. Now hes jumped ship, should Ranieri be left carrying the can for his "mistakes"? You cant praise him one moment and absolve him completely of any blame the next. Imagine if Ranieri had overseen the Kramaric signing. It would have been a bloodbath on here. But under Walsh's watch its swept under the rug and forgotten about swiftly.

Your opinions are unfortunately disproportionate.

New manager comes in, piggybacks off the previous manager, changes nothing, wins the league. Ho Hum.

Things become more difficult, manager is shit, has no clue what to do, all signings are shit, sack him, sack all the staff, bring back Pearson, world will end if we dont.

Yet we are still in with every chance of a finish of around mid table, a good fa cup run, and weve exceeded champions league expectations.

Youre vastly overplaying the effect of the structure in place and the criticism of the manager now, and youre vastly underrating what hes actually done/doing

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Do you really think we would have won the title under Pearson( I liked him by the way)

Not a chance.

Archived