Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Benalouane "Ready to Play"

Benny has had a back issue, that's why he came back from Italy. Anyone who has a back problem knows that you are one false move from a recurrence of the same issue or worse. All this shitetalk of Ranieri didn't rate him, and why didn't he play etc is a nonsense. He is capable, and has proven that he can step up to the first team. His attitude has been fantastic, as any older player who basically has spent the majority of their time in the under 23's, and not complained and supported the first team without public complaint should be duly praised.

He's losing a bit of the weight that he's no doubt put on due to less activity and probably a lower training regime. It's ironic that he's come into the team because of a back issue for Morgan, but thankfully he has shown his worth, and given his strength and calmness on the ball, it couldn't be better timing in all honesty, as we'll need that assurance as the pressure mounts in these last couple of months.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Benny has had a back issue, that's why he came back from Italy. Anyone who has a back problem knows that you are one false move from a recurrence of the same issue or worse. All this shitetalk of Ranieri didn't rate him, and why didn't he play etc is a nonsense. He is capable, and has proven that he can step up to the first team. His attitude has been fantastic, as any older player who basically has spent the majority of their time in the under 23's, and not complained and supported the first team without public complaint should be duly praised.

He's losing a bit of the weight that he's no doubt put on due to less activity and probably a lower training regime. It's ironic that he's come into the team because of a back issue for Morgan, but thankfully he has shown his worth, and given his strength and calmness on the ball, it couldn't be better timing in all honesty, as we'll need that assurance as the pressure mounts in these last couple of months.

Glad to see him in the team, very good defender and should get way more game time! A patient man which means he is a very nice guy I'm sure... 

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I want a gif of his effort from the halfway line 

I said at the time if that went in I'm on the pitch.... I was on the last row of the top tier so I would probably still be making my way there now if it had and Benny would have gone :( Brady and Gold you bastards.

On 3/19/2017 at 06:50, Topman said:

pleased for him, he never moan and seems genuinely behind the boys all the time he wasn't playing (as per his Twitter account) seems a nice bloke and want him to do well, he has never let us down the times he has been on and I'm baffled as to why he never played more 

..and now we are all baffled why slim, amartey & mendy are frozen

26 minutes ago, Micky said:

Benny made 10 clearances against West Ham. The next highest were Simpson and Huth with 4 a piece.

Interesting stat. Good to see he didn't shy away from the Carroll battle too, as Saturday was a tough game for him to suddenly come in to.

Would like to see him stay next season. We know he can come in a do a solid job. Obviously Wes and Huth haven't got long left at this level at all, so I would hope we will sign a young CB in the summer and with Hull and Boro going down, we might be able to poach Maguire and/or Gibson. I think Keane is destined for bigger things now, so we missed out there. I'm also curious to see where Shakespeare plans to use Amartey long-term. He is obviously a decent CB, and perhaps another option for us. Morgan, Huth, Benny, Gibson or Maguire and potentially Amartey for next season. 

• Like 2

On 19.3.2017 at 01:29, Ricey said:

Unforgivable to leave Carroll from a corner and when Ayew went through one on one it was his weird positioning that caused that huge space to appear.

These are the reasons this is his first start. He's mobile, decent in the air and very good on the ball, but his defensive intelligence is lacking.

I think we're starting to look at a luxury CDM problem here... lol

Benalouane's first touch, his ball control and vision are spectacular, and whatever he does, he comes across as naturally calm and precise.

But defending is is weak spot, I remember a one-on-one in our box (against Antonio?) where he was visibly shaken.

On 19/03/2017 at 01:20, Bossman Blessed It said:

More than capable back-up which is pleasing to know given the combined age of our current starting central defenders. He's easily the most mobile and certainly can pass the ball well. Absolutely loved how he took a shot from the half way line as well and it wasn't off target. Also loved the way he just soldiered on after having to walk around like a T-rex with his battered wrist; bought us some rest, killed a bit of momentum and was pretty funny to watch. The challenge today was always going to be physicality as opposed to sharp movement and skilful play - which I think he did a splendid job at. Wouldn't hesitate at all to bring him on if we need to cling on to a game. 

Totally agree ...it took a confident and clued up player to even try it...I think it was a free kick from probably about 10 yards inside our own half ..if the West Ham goalie had been paying attention it would have gone in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I think we're starting to look at a luxury CDM problem here... lol

Benalouane's first touch, his ball control and vision are spectacular, and whatever he does, he comes across as naturally calm and precise.

But defending is is weak spot, I remember a one-on-one in our box (against Antonio?) where he was visibly shaken.

First prem start in a while/ever?! Think we can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Absolutelt buzzing for Benny I've been a fan of his little cup appearances, really like the guy and think he's a decent prem centre half.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

First prem start in a while/ever?! Think we can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Absolutelt buzzing for Benny I've been a fan of his little cup appearances, really like the guy and think he's a decent prem centre half.

Got to imagine how nervy it must be having to walk into a team that's just played with such intensity in the Champions League, in place of the captain no less! As a side note also, Antonio has been absolutely terrorising defences this season - guy's a monster; as usual with the England set-up, he'll get into the squad for the World Cup, only to come off the bench when we're drawing with Southern Botswana with 4 minutes to go, with the kit-man already printing out the boarding passes for our squad to come home predictably prematurely.