Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-0

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

No I don't agree. This has been the crux of many people's argument, and it's a wrong one.

I fully maintain that these players WOULD start playing for a manager they respected and if they felt they had a clear plan of action.

Its not an argument to simply say keep Ranieri because nobody else could change the mindsets of the players anyway. We don't know this, yet it's been touted on here and elsewhere for weeks. It's a dangerous argument and I think it's a wrong one.

This. And even if you were wrong in your argument Col, it ought to be crystal clear that we have nothing to lose now by trying

19 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

You see this is where people go too far and you realise they are cvnts.

If you'd have just been reasonable and criticised him for this season alone it would have been fine. But no, that wasn't enough for you was it, you had to start being ridiculous and disrespectful.

Please do humanity a favour and die.

Irony? 

Just now, Hammo said:

The Rise and Fall of Leicester City - a contemporary morality tale for those who allow success to go to their heads and forget what it was that brought them that success in the first place.

Tragic.

Absolutely this.....

After a week of positive press releases and made-up statements from players, the evidence on the pitch is that nothing at all has changed. There is no indication that Ranieri has it in him to lead any improvement. He is not solely to blame but the buck stops with him.  The change has to come sooner rather than later to give us any chance of survival.

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

10th time this season we've conceded 2 goals in the space of 15 minutes.

No leaders on the pitch.

Yeh the lack of a leader on the pitch is so obvious. Too many sulkers and no one to cajole, inspire, organise, motivate or give a bollocking. The major difference between our great escape season and this one is we had all that in Esteban Cambiasso. I can't see where it can come from in this team. 

18 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

15 League games without a win (5 D, 10L)

0 win away so far.

5 consecutive defeats.

0 goal scored in 2017 (6 games).

Worst team in the league. By a country mile. I can't see us not going down.

Chilwell, Gray, Mahrez, Kasper, Slim and Ndidi gone this summer.

Why change what isn't broken? :claudio:

sad - like watching a poor championship side

i blame the players

Defence - didn't see any

Midfield - really

Strikers - not so you'd notice

New players - total waste of money , simply not Premiership standard

Ranieri - sadly time up

500 million plus  necessary, , personally i'd only keep a handful of players, new squad required, start by buying Olsen from Swansea

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'll be so happy to see the back of Ranieri now. If I find out he's gone before the next match, I'll be over the moon.

I still respect him massively and I'll be gutted if he does end up getting sacked. But I won't disagree with the decision. 

Just now, midland_red said:

This. And even if you were wrong in your argument Col, it ought to be crystal clear that we have nothing to lose now by trying

Mate, about three weeks ago (ish) I posted on the 'Ranieri in' thread that I'd listen to those who actually wrote a coherent argument for wanting to keep him. It was a throwing down of the gauntlet type thing...'ok, you think he should stay, then tell us why'.......

Pretty much all we got, if I recall, was a series of arguments why somebody else wouldn't be able to come in and do a better job, or that the players wouldn't try any harder for anyone else. Very very few posts giving reasons why people thought Ranieri had it in him to change things around, to get the players motivated or to change the starting line-ups.

I wasn't surprised. All we've heard for weeks is people saying that Ranieri shouldn't go because of what we did last season...so he must be great.

You are right. We aren't rock bottom points wise, but we are rock bottom confidence wise. Law of averages would state that we will have more of a chance of staying up if we get out of this rut, which doesn't look like happening under Claudio.

The final argument that people have been churning out is that it isn't Ranieri's fault, its the players fault.

I agree. They've switched off. But the buck stops with the manager. It always stops with the manager. If the players have switched off, it's because they've switched off to Claudio. I don't see the Chelsea players switching off this season..yet they earn more than any of our top 'stars'.

28 minutes ago, LCFC_World said:

Everyone shut up. 

We have to just appreciate what he did last season for the rest of our lives. lol 

What a bunch of nonsense!!! So, when the team succeeds it's because of Ranieri and when it fails it's because of the players?? This year's results prove clearly that Ranieri jumped on the LC momentum bandwagon last season and was more of an observer than his typical tinkerman. He had the chance to take over this season and look at the results! Again, Ranieri in all his career has never been nor shown that he was ever a good coach. In fact, most football experts were unanimous he would lead the LC club to the Championship. They were off by 1 season because they underestimated the team momentum discussed earlier. Period.

Archived