Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea post match 2-0

How has Drinkwater gone from the brink of the England team to sunday league standard in 6 months?

The guy looks lost, unfit, disinterested and can't even strike the ball cleanly.

Saying that you could ask the same of 6 or 7 others, who have basically downed tools and given up. About time the fans let them know what we think of their strolling around.

Guest LCFC_World
1 minute ago, jordanlcfc said:

Shocking from most of our fans at swansea since the start. Terrible atmosphere for one of  most important games of the season, show Some desire aswell and Abit of fight 

like the players on their 100k a week?

14 minutes ago, foxyblue said:

Claudio Ranieri: "I’m very confident in my players and I believe everything will be right. It’ll take one, right moment to go back" .

What a loads of bullocks.

Claudio is starting to become a parody of himself in those interviews. He doesn't believe that shite anymore than we do.

I genuinely find it painful to watch this guy who has brought us so much joy making himself look daft each week in front of the media. 

1 minute ago, woznotwos said:

That Vardy film will make him the laughing stock. I know I couldn't watch it after this season. It will be like a kick in the teeth.

Surely he can't go through with this film still. Nobody cares about him anymore. One season wonder chav who is actually a dickhead. Last season will be forgotten quickly.

1 minute ago, jordanlcfc said:

Shocking from most of our fans at swansea since the start. Terrible atmosphere for one of  most important games of the season, show Some desire aswell and Abit of fight 

So it's the fans fault now is it?.

Just now, Mapperleyfox said:

How has Drinkwater gone from the brink of the England team to sunday league standard in 6 months?

The guy looks lost, unfit, disinterested and can't even strike the ball cleanly.

He doesn't have Kante next to him to make him look good. That's not a dig but a genuine observation.

26 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

However much you like the guy, he let the team and the players down by electing to stick by a selection that has now proven to be NOT the better option. Benalouane deserved a second outing, as did Chilwell. Amartey is, undoubtedly, a first-pick player, yet he's on the bench. Gray did get a start - but that's real no-brainer. N'Didi is also a stand-out.

Heads go down as soon as a goal is conceded. It's inevitable that the same team will walk into a game with that pattern in their heads. The only thing to have done was to shake up the pattern. Claudio has probably alienated those players who performed successfully against Derby by picking the old guard and demonstrated to the old guard that, however they play, they'll get picked. I suspect the risk has to be taken to abandon Huth, Morgan and Fuchs for something fresh.

I think Claudio is stuck and can't embrace the fact that last season was last season, Kante is gone and therefore that wonderful team is now blown.

Quality post. Too bad you make yourself quite rare on FT.

3 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

You could argue he went from pub league standard to England standard last season. 

I've never known a Leicester player to have such fluctuations of form over seasons. 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Mate, about three weeks ago (ish) I posted on the 'Ranieri in' thread that I'd listen to those who actually wrote a coherent argument for wanting to keep him. It was a throwing down of the gauntlet type thing...'ok, you think he should stay, then tell us why'.......

Pretty much all we got, if I recall, was a series of arguments why somebody else wouldn't be able to come in and do a better job, or that the players wouldn't try any harder for anyone else. Very very few posts giving reasons why people thought Ranieri had it in him to change things around, to get the players motivated or to change the starting line-ups.

I wasn't surprised. All we've heard for weeks is people saying that Ranieri shouldn't go because of what we did last season...so he must be great.

You are right. We aren't rock bottom points wise, but we are rock bottom confidence wise. Law of averages would state that we will have more of a chance of staying up if we get out of this rut, which doesn't look like happening under Claudio.

The final argument that people have been churning out is that it isn't Ranieri's fault, its the players fault.

I agree. They've switched off. But the buck stops with the manager. It always stops with the manager. If the players have switched off, it's because they've switched off to Claudio. I don't see the Chelsea players switching off this season..yet they earn more than any of our top 'stars'.

I know because I've posted similar comments! In the end, it comes down to the manager - the clue is in the name. If the manager cant keep the dressing room, for whatever reason then it's game over. My great fear is that the owners respect for agreements and keeping their word may prevent them doing that really has to be done now.

3 minutes ago, jordanlcfc said:

So you travel the length and breadth of the country and pay for the privilege of watching that shower of shite do you? People who earn their money have the right to behave how they want in terms of supporting their team. Maybe when the players turn up they will get the crowd going. 

3 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Saying that you could ask the same of 6 or 7 others, who have basically downed tools and given up. About time the fans let them know what we think of their strolling around.

Kante

Drinkwater is a bang average championship player at best 

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I still respect him massively and I'll be gutted if he does end up getting sacked. But I won't disagree with the decision. 

It's so strange. Last season, he gave us the best season this club will likely ever have. This season is the biggest wasted opportunity to push on to the next level any club will likely ever have.

How do you get the PL champions relegated after spending about £80m on the squad? Ask Claudio.

I feel sick.

47 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Cant for the life of me understand why Chilwell didnt start - Fuchs has been absolutely turd all season. We looked better with Slimani alongside Vardy, so if he's fit enough for 45mins he's worth the gamble fore 90mins. 

Gray was very good and Ndidi looked decent. Aside from that, we've got too many people in 3rd or 4th gear. Same shit, different week.

Mahrez was the only player who created any semblance of a threat upfront. 2 clear opportunities to score.

Archived