Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willie-bell-in-rothley

Am i on my own actually looking forward to the Liverpool game

It wouldn't suprise me if we played much better with a higher tempo and workrate but if the real Liverpool show up I fear it won't quite be enough. Looking forward to seeing something different though and a bit of curiosity not quite knowing what to expect. 

6 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I'll quite understand but have you forgotten the Manchester City win?  

True. I suppose I am thinking in the here and now, rather than the then - but that said, I thought we were over the hump after that victory too, and I was wrong. 

.... was actually worried by this fixture two weeks ago, now; just rip into them bastards as nothing to lose anymore ... everyone has us down and we're all round bad eggs for dibbing CR into the shit-pile so the players had better make a go of it or forever go down as disruptive losers! Easy all of a sudden!

I'm looking forward to seeing the players' reaction.  Over the last couple of months there has been a lot said about Claudio losing the dressing room and for me, the perceived lack of effort from the players was disgusting.  I feel that now Claudio has gone, it is like the players have got their wish but they weren't expecting the media backlash of "Leicester City are stupid".  With the post dismissal comments in the media it looks like all of the sudden the players have a sense of realisation that they now have to defend their own actions - they don't have anyone (Claudio) to take the blame for their abject performances.

The players are exposed now.  There is nowhere to hide.  They are professionals who are on the verge of being labelled as the champions who were relegated.  It is now time to show that they are still a fantastic team, capable of beating anyone.

I fully expect a high tempo, 110% game from Leicester on Monday night and if we don't get it then we are in even deeper trouble than I thought.

I'm not looking forward to it not because of the fallout from the Ranieri sacking but just because I don't think we're good enough and I've seen nothing to suggest we are capable of raising our game.  The pressure is on the team, we're in the relegation zone,  questions are being asked about their level of commitment.

If  like some of you suggest we go at them all guns blazing they will play us off the park in midfield. If Klopp has them up for it, it could go very badly.

I'm expecting a much different team.

The players like and respect Shakey, I'm expecting a hard working team full of determination. The exact opposite of this season so far.

Win, lose or draw, lets give them 100%.

Would be dreading it if Ranieri was still in charge, now I'm really excited by it.

Whether we're looking forward to the game, or not, we NEED to support the team.

We've had a few days to digest the news, and we now need to get our heads in order and support the club ie the team.

Most of the country has turned against us, and will be itching to see us make a mess of it all and get relegated.

Most of the media, especially the tabloids, will twist the knife wherever possible - for effect and a story.   They want to turn City fans against the owners, against the team or failing that - against each other.   They are sh*t stirring, and we need to be aware of that.

Whether you agree with Caludio's sacking, or not, it's a fact that it has happened.   We need to look forward.   Our sporting loyality is not to the owners, a manager or any player.   It is to the football club.

We were out of the top flight for 10 years.  I don't want to go back to the 2nd Div (yet).   Fight against the media hatred or our players and owner.

Fight for our club.   Cheer on the team.    COME ON YOU BLUES !!!

I'm looking forward to it. For the Liverpool players it'll be a Monday night away from home which will hopefully take the edge off them, for our players, if they were unhappy with how they were being asked to play, nows the time to show what you can do. Think there'll be well up for it and it'll be a real end to end battle. I just want to see more chances created, more intensity and despite the result I'll be happy. 

What UPIC said.

And since the players were so keen to remove him, now's there time to prove they were right.

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

One win is all it will take to completely change this season's trajectory.

Can't wait.

Some players have the ability but are not performing due to mentality such as Mahrez, vardy, Drinkwater - I am hoping that we will see a completely different level of performance from them guys.

On the other hand, the likes of Musa, Huth and Morgan just don't have the ability and should not be anywhere near the starting 11.

Can see it being a very similar team to what we have seen all season but if he doesn't start Gray then i hate him already.

I think we will paste them...and I've been predicting losses weekly and for the first time I'm not. I just think the realisation will set in when they cross the chalked white line...and I think we will run them ragged....all I ask is there are any ****** planning a protest go and spend the evening with Savage....get behind the lads and lift them over the line! 

We need something weve not had in an age....

PASHUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!

This is a difficult game for everyone The Club Players Shaky and the Fans. I can't see anyway the players can come out of it good for obvious reasons. The only winners can be Shaky and the Fans if we win. He gets his stint off with a win while the Fans go home happy.

The other scenario is the Players Freeze due to the Atmosphere and we get tanked.  Lets hope we get the result reduce the pressure on everyone and we can move on to choosing a new Manager.

I would like to win this more than any other match this season. Not just because we need to but to stick two fingers up to the love in Liverpool media who have spent the last few days ridiculing our club.

To those saying the players can't win whatever they do. If they put in a good performance and show how they can play win or lose maybe it proves that there really was something wrong, something intrisically problematic with the management of the club that was tearing the sole out of the way we play.

Of course if we turn up and are as disniterested and as crap as usual then we really do have a huge problem.

If I was Shakespeare I'd plaster the dressing room wall with the articles by Carragher and the quotes of Owen and see if it brings out a reaction on the pitch.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

I would like to win this more than any other match this season. Not just because we need to but to stick two fingers up to the love in Liverpool media who have spent the last few days ridiculing our club.

To those saying the players can't win whatever they do. If they put in a good performance and show how they can play win or lose maybe it proves that there really was something wrong, something intrisically problemttic with the management of the club that was tearing the sole out of the way we play.

Of course if we turn up and are as disniterested and as crap as usual then we really do have a huge problem.

If I was Shakespeare I'd plaster the dressing room wall with the articles by Carragher and the quotes of Owen and see if it brings out a reaction on the pitch.

Alternatively there's a position that if the players turn up and put in the level of effort expected then it proves they let down Claudio by not bothering to try under him.

Archived