Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Woy?

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Good news been told Shakey is in with Whealan Rudkin and the owners right now. This is a must do for me.

Even if true I wouldn't read too much in to it. They need to keep him sweet, thanked and informed. Bit early to offer him it IMO and he does need more support than JR can offer

There are not many managers out there who wouldn't want to bring their own staff with him them and Hodgson is probably one of them, he also brought Shakespeare into the England set up so obviously likes him. But thats about the only positive I can think off.

Its just a lazy appointment though ,if true of course, and offers no sort of forward planning.

I appreciate its not necessarily on offer so hypothetical

but -

Woy allowing Shaky to do his stuff?

or

A N Other that brings in his own coaching team and Shakey is bombed out or marginalized again?

We all lauded CR the first season for not making changes, but it seems he still managed to freeze out the staff and players.

We need to stick with Shakespeare for now, and then look at bringing someone in during the summer. Their remit should be to keep the staff and players on side and build, not dismantle and rebuild.

Looks like I have a not-so-negative view on Woy, because of what he achieved with our national team leading up to the 1994 World Cup.

Then again, that was 24 years ago...

Does he still have "it" at 69 years of age? I'd very much doubt it.

Does he still want to be in charge of a club team? Not so sure how serious he can be, given his past failures on a national and international level. To me, he's clearly living off a particular reputation, but hasn't really been able to get "it" going for a while now...

So, no. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There are not many managers out there who wouldn't want to bring their own staff with him them and Hodgson is probably one of them, he also brought Shakespeare into the England set up so obviously likes him. But thats about the only positive I can think off.

Its just a lazy appointment though ,if true of course, and offers no sort of forward planning.

That was Allardyce

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

We all lauded CR the first season for not making changes, but it seems he still managed to freeze out the staff and players.

We need to stick with Shakespeare for now, and then look at bringing someone in during the summer. Their remit should be to keep the staff and players on side and build, not dismantle and rebuild.

Have to keep Shakey but alone I just think that may leave us a bit exposed as the next most football savvy person of any authority is Rudkin, and that's worrying.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

The main reason I don't want Hodgson is because there are people on here who will say things like 'Wiyad Mahrez' and 'Wobert Huth' because they think they're funny.

Least of you problems with Roy these days, strike force of Shinji Kawazaki and Islam Salami at some point guaranteed. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I appreciate its not necessarily on offer so hypothetical

but -

Woy allowing Shaky to do his stuff?

or

A N Other that brings in his own coaching team and Shakey is bombed out or marginalized again?

Probably the most pointless hypothetical question I've ever seen haha.

Basically asking would you rather Shakey stayed or left right?

Archived