Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Additional Coaching Staff to help Shakespeare?

4 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

With Shakey's imminent appointment as Manager, I'm sure he will need at least one or two new Coaches on the staff.  Claudio took the 2 Italian Coaches with him, so the Club are 2/3 people down.  Stowell will no doubt be Assistant, I wonder if / who Shakespeare will want back up? 

I can't think of other Coaches who have worked with Shakey in the past, who might be available.  Shakey did finish his UEFA Pro Licence last summer and I checked who was on the course with him, thinking he might look to one of them if they were out of work.  Interesting names were Mark Warburton, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, David Connolly, David Flitcroft and Brian Borrows.  Phil Neville was also there, but he's in work - sort of!  I can't think of any past players with connections, who could do the job?  

Connolly a former Fox although he couldn't wait to leave

8 hours ago, Outfox the Fox said:

With Shakey's imminent appointment as Manager, I'm sure he will need at least one or two new Coaches on the staff.  Claudio took the 2 Italian Coaches with him, so the Club are 2/3 people down.  Stowell will no doubt be Assistant, I wonder if / who Shakespeare will want back up? 

I can't think of other Coaches who have worked with Shakey in the past, who might be available.  Shakey did finish his UEFA Pro Licence last summer and I checked who was on the course with him, thinking he might look to one of them if they were out of work.  Interesting names were Mark Warburton, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, David Connolly, David Flitcroft and Brian Borrows.  Phil Neville was also there, but he's in work - sort of!  I can't think of any past players with connections, who could do the job?  

BUT SHAKEY AS SHOWN NO SIGNS OF WANTING TO BE A NUMBER 1, USUALLY such ambitions are made clear before he stabs his manager in the back!!!!

1 hour ago, FireFox said:

BUT SHAKEY AS SHOWN NO SIGNS OF WANTING TO BE A NUMBER 1, USUALLY such ambitions are made clear before he stabs his manager in the back!!!!

Now you've put the fox in the chicken pen   :thumbup:

This is a great OP. It's like promoting your best sergeant; all you end up doing is losing your best sergeant. Shakey now has to leave a little more intimate distance from the players and can't go back.

I always feel Kevin Phillips never finished his work here.

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How about getting Mike Phelan in until the end of the season.]

Huge experience and a highly respected coach.

Would have thought Steve Bruce might have brought him in to help him at Villa. But maybe Phelan wants to wait for another crack at a Managers job somewhere.

20 hours ago, the_tank said:

Ooh Tommy Wright is available after the bungs sting..

Rooster Russell was a number 2 at  Posh..Garry Parker also, Gary Mills at York City...

Garry Parker is Assistant to Neil Lennon at Hibs.  Doing a good job - Hibs look set for promotion to the Premier League and are in the Scottish FA Cup semi's.

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I was wondering what Sammy Lee is doing at the moment.  He was with Shakey in Big Sam's aborted England set up.

I've just found out the answer to my own question.  Lee is Big Sam's Assistant at Palace !  One less on the list !

4 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

I was wondering what Sammy Lee is doing at the moment.  He was with Shakey in Big Sam's aborted England set up.

Think he's working with Southgate - sure I saw him sitting next to him last week against lpool 

EDIT: in which case who was the small ginger haired fella who came in with Southgate last weeek ??

Just now, bald reynard said:

Now his appointment's gone through, we'll have to see if Shakey feels the need for any new Coaching support - and has anyone in mind ?

The statement from the club seems to suggest he will have Stowell as assistant and make do with the current coaching staff.

I'm interested in Tuesday night specifically. 

I dont believe Craig has any experience in two legged ties with away goals counting at the end of 90 mins. This was actually something Claudio really understood! 

Maybe we can ask someone like sir Alex to help us out - he can be smuggled into the KP in a laundry basket. Cant afford Craig to have a moment like Claudio did at milwall when molla went off! 

would be awful if we ended up going out on Tuesday evening due to shakes showing some inexperience late in the game. 

Archived