Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Just now, LJS said:

I don't think Slimani has been a bad signing at all. He hasn't really had a run in the side and when he has played it has mostly been when we were poor.

There's a good player in there. We've seen glimpses of it. Musa I'm less sure of but we need to give these guys a proper go. They came into a squad that wasn't right from the off this season. Given a few matches with our renewed attacking intent I think we'll see more from them.

People fail to realize that. What his expected of him to do when he is subbed at 75 minutes and at 60 minutes when your team is already winning and beign dominated?

3 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Slimani doesnt fit well under Craig's system. Maybe he should and this is coming from an Algerian fan.

Then again its not fair to blame him when he barely gets any game time. That plays on your confidence a bit

People get praised or criticised according to their contribution. The amount of game time Slimani gets is no sort of excuse. Indeed I said pre-game how important it was for the bit part players to keep[ themselves mentally and physically sharp so as to make the best of their opportunities.

Slimani is a centre-forward who is well enough thought of to be selected ahead of the Ulloa who actually has far more excuse to complain about his game time and treatment by Leicester in terms of opportunity than ever Slimani has.

Pre-match I referred to the easy chance he missed against Swansea. Today, I 100% recognise that he didn't get much service and was never going to get much in the circumstances. But he did have one glorious chance but, again, he fluffed it.

I don't doubt his ability to be a threat, for all his equally obvious limitations, But he was there to do a particular short-term job today and failed. In the first half we had eleven guys on the pitch who succeeded.

My point is that Slimani's mind seems anywhere but where it should be since mention of the Chinese wanting to offer a fortune for him and the sooner he either gets his head down and makes his contribution or moves on the better. Because it's a major flaw for a club of our status and ability to have only one functioning striker.        

4 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

He had the ball? Yes he did, in the chance. Not much more than that, a poor signing with 5 goals and 3 assists in 12 games played...

Stop talking about 5 goals like that means he's worth £30m. That doesn't mean it's good business even if he has only played 12 games.

He's a limited player who's barely been effective in any games for us. These are facts.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

No, that's me being tongue-in-cheek.

I'll be the first one to congratulate Islam Slimani on here for scoring a terrific header against Atlético Madrid and I want him to be a success, but at £28m and from the little I've seen of him so far (due to limited appearances), I'd say Ulloa does the same with more effort and higher efficiency. Playing with Ulloa is like having a striker and a defender on the pitch at the same time, whilst with Slimani, you just don't know where it's going and usually fear for the worst.

If it makes you happy, I think Musa's been much more of a disappointment so far. A great goal in pre-season and has hardly ever shown the skill or promise of being a decent footballer.

No it doesn't make me happy. Ulloa doesn't even score 10 goals a season he can't be considered anywhere near Slimani's level. If Slimani stays here next season, which I doubt it because for me he is just wasting his time here, and if he becomes a regular starter, and still plays like this, then I will give you all the reason. But he doesn't even have 12 games played in all PL this season, so judging him by this limited play time is wrong.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I've already said that the last 30 minutes is up there with the worst we've played all season.

Shakey got the ending wrong but the beginning so right. I imagine you've forgotten about the first half, and the games against Liverpool, Hull and Sevilla?

No I have not forgotten that. 

This is the post WEST HAM game we are dealing with here where Shakes has had to, for the first time, make decisions during a game and he made the wrong ones. 

In what world do you play Musa at all when Gray is on the bench?

In what world do you then play him BEHIND Slimani? 

Why was Mahrez left on so long when he continually gave the ball away, failed to make a simple passes to teammates, and persisted in dribbling resulting in them beginning wave after wave of attacks? 

Massively lucky after that second half to win that game. 

Summary: tactically poor from Shakey today - let's hope it isn't the shape of things to come; we should be safe now however with a couple of wins. 

No one was saying anything when Vardy was at 0 goals for the early stages of the season. But when it's Mahrez, people started saying "Can we keep carrying on Mahrez" lol 

This is hillarious. Some (I know it's a minority) of Leicester fans are so ungrateful. 

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

Stop talking about 5 goals like that means he's worth £30m. That doesn't mean it's good business even if he has only played 12 games.

He's a limited player who's barely been effective in any games for us. These are facts.

I know 5 goals isn't anywhere near €30M striker but 12 games played isn't anywhere near €30M too. He is limited of course, every player his. His feet aren't the best, he doesn't win as many balls in the park as he should, he isn't that strong. But he has very good strengths too. Just isn't mentally here.

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

No I have not forgotten that. 

This is the post WEST HAM game we are dealing with here where Shakes has had to, for the first time, make decisions during a game and he made the wrong ones. 

In what world do you play Musa at all when Gray is on the bench?

In what world do you then play him BEHIND Slimani? 

Why was Mahrez left on so long when he continually gave the ball away, failed to make a simple passes to teammates, and persisted in dribbling resulting in them beginning wave after wave of attacks? 

Massively lucky after that second half to win that game. 

Summary: tactically poor from Shakey today - let's hope it isn't the shape of things to come; we should be safe now however with a couple of wins. 

lol Get a grip, soft lad.

We've gone away from home to a massive pitch a few days after the most draining wins of our history. Of course we were going to tire.

The fact is we've gone away, scored 3 and won for the first time this season. Crack a smile, I dare you.

Same retort to @Kitchandro

Just now, Eagle10 said:

No it doesn't make me happy. Ulloa doesn't even score 10 goals a season he can't be considered anywhere near Slimani's level. If Slimani stays here next season, which I doubt it because for me he is just wasting his time here, and if he becomes a regular starter, and still plays like this, then I will give you all the reason. But he doesn't even have 12 games played in all PL this season, so judging him by this limited play time is wrong.

If Ulloa played regularly for 20-minutes to half an hour per game, even as a substitute, he'd get 10 goals a season no problem.

No I don't think he's the answer either. But I do think our club needs at least three reliable strikers and probably four.

The situation with Slimani is made worse by the fact that he can score and make goals if his mind's focused.

But, sadly, it never seems to be.

He'd get lots of goals in some leagues - I mentioned Portugal and Scotland myself - but he's getting paid for next to nothing in return at Leicester and I'm still to be convinced he wants to be here.       

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

If Ulloa played regularly for 20-minutes to half an hour per game, even as a substitute, he'd get 10 goals a season no problem.

No I don't think he's the answer either. But I do think our club needs at least three reliable strikers and probably four.

The situation with Slimani is made worse by the fact that he can score and make goals if his mind's focused.

He'd get lots of goals in some leagues - I mentioned Portugal and Scotland myself - but he's getting paid for next to nothing in return at Leicester and I'm still to be convinced he wants to be here.       

I agree with that - i've lost count of the number of time I have had to point to the number of critical goals Leo has scored for us

Just now, Thracian said:

He might want to be here, but not on these terms. He isn't a player to have on the bench. That is why he is mentally knackered. He is playing 20 minutes a game probably less and that isn't good if you want your most expensive signing to gain confidence and start to look like it is worth it.

39 minutes ago, old koppite said:

4 on the trot- great.  No one , just no one would have predicted it 4 weeks ago!

Those moaning about Slim and Musa and why didn't Gray play, I know you watched it but you've got to respect Shakeys decisions- he works with the p,Akers and obviously sees enough in training.  Slim is completely lacking confidence by the sound of it. 

Speak for yourself!! The bastards at skybet refused to give me odds on Leicester to win their next 5 games after Ranieri left. Request a bet my arse.

Archived