Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Very surprised that Vardy ran 1.5k Less than Mahrez, and 3k less than Lanzini... 

Great result, hanging on towards the end, Benalouane stepped up and made some crucial tackles, not 100% comfortable at times and was arguably at fault for Ayews goal nowhere near marking his closest man as the ball comes in, but very promising that he could be a defender we can rely on to step in when needed, and who knows even start games in the prem, has hardly had a chance so to step up from reserve games to play against Derby, then from Derby to a very strong west ham side is promising. 

5km/h faster than them though!!! (I was also surprised he ran less)

11 minutes ago, Hawk17 said:

4am in Melbourne, I'm sweating & have had knocks on the door telling me to shut the **** up. But thank god for that 3 points

On the positive side of things, what the hell did we do to deserve Kasper?

and on the negative side of things, what the hell did we do to deserve Musa?

All out of rep, but this speaks to me on incomprehensible levels. 

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Well that would make no sense, because were actually very positive in that match and lost not because of tactics but because we were playing Arsenal, who's squad cost far more than ours.

This isn't about Ranieri, his tactical failings this season have been and gone. These are tactical failings that we were making when Pearson was the manager and Shakespeare was heavily influential.

This will become a common theme going forward just as it was yet, mark my words.

This isn't 'a couple of iffy tactics', this is brain dead tactics that are costing us initiative in games we should have complete control of.

Shakey obviously has some merits as a man manager, and he may have others. But tactically I'd suggest he's weak.

After 4 games and 4 wins isn't this a bit knee jerk? What decisions did he get wrong in the other 3 wins? 

His subs today made sense, the subs didn't perform well. 

3 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Great win for the squad and the fans.

ps; Enjoy slating Musa and Slimani. I guess that gives life's meaning. 

Even after a fantastic win and a much needed 3 points, some people still just want to have a pop at certain players.

I don't get it. Today is a time for celebration and there are so many positive performances to talk about instead.

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

Someone said in this thread that he is involved in a goal every 75 minutes in the PL, if that is missing to many chances, I'm sorry for you my friend.

Being involved in a goal doesn't mean it's just about scoring attempts, my dear Sporting friend.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

He's 28 years old and hardly going to get any better with age - few strikers can claim they do.

He came on as a sub and - alongside Musa - played right into West Ham's hands. Them two should be the ones with fresh legs.

Musa is the faster of the two, so why he didn't stay further back and operate from the halfway line remains a mystery.

Closing down isn't Slimani's game, no good expecting him to change now. Not really fair to judge him when we had so little of the ball.

He's 28 years old and hardly going to get any better with age - few strikers can claim they do.

He came on as a sub and - alongside Musa - played right into West Ham's hands. Them two should be the ones with fresh legs.

Musa is the faster of the two, so why he didn't stay further back and operate from the halfway line remains a mystery.

Ask shakey 

32 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Excuses, excuses.

Last season is not this season. I've seen hardly anything from Slimani, be it today or in past outings (apart from the header in the Champions League group stages) that suggests he's as good as Algerian football fans are making him out to be.

Sporting are laughing themselves to the bank.

£28m for that!!!

As much as much as I found him bad today, I find it somewhat sad that people on this forum are waiting for the slightest mistake to tear him apart. And are delighted to do so. He didn't decide the price tag and like it or not he's a good striker.

For the record and to all who seem to suffer from Alzheimer, he was instrumental in gaining points every time he played under the Ranieri era and was injured. It is absolutely clear that he's not liked here and I wish him to go to another club that play to his strenght, because frankly he's wasting his time here, as he doesn't fit the style of play and just living on scraps time wise.

Just now, MC Prussian said:

He started his career at 23 years old, he still has room for improvement. He got his best season at 27 years old so no worries in that department, he still has plenty left in the tank. But it isn't playing 15 minutes a game that he will improve and gain confidence, it is the complete opposite.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

As a manager, he has to give players chances and then make a judgement based on how they take their opportunities. Benny today showed that he is a legitimate option as a CB for Premier League games which is great considering that Wague who we brought in is out for the season. Musa is surely in last chance saloon (and to be honest I feel he's way past that), whereas Slimani whilst not great I still think has a part to play. I think Slimani away at Atletico may even be someone we start with.

He brought on Musa, I think, because he was the one who got negative publicity during the Ranieri sacking, and he wanted him to feel part of the squad. I don't think he'll ever play for Leicester City again.

I thought that ..... but with the very long ball clearances maybe it was to nod down to Musa

I know we are on a roll and I hate international breaks but I think this one has come at the perfect time for the lads, absolute heroic performances in the last couple of weeks both mentally and physically and think this week off could be perfectly timed as that 2nd half showed they are absolutely knackered!

Massive win and with the home games to come could really be safe well before the season hits squeaky bum time.

Being involved in a goal doesn't mean it's just about scoring attempts, my dear Sporting friend.

I know that. But he still has 5 goals in PL, saying he misses several chances is false. He missed 3 or 4 all season, that isn't that many. Every play fail them, Ayew failed one worse today and he is a very good player for West Ham.

Slimani doesnt fit well under Craig's system. Maybe he should and this is coming from an Algerian fan.

Then again its not fair to blame him when he barely gets any game time. That plays on your confidence a bit

Didn't think Slimani was that bad, ran his bollocks off, had next to nothing in to his feet, decent touch and hit the target but keeper was out fast. Musa on the other hand offers nothing, doesn't even want to run. Heroic performance considering they were all dead on their feet

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

...and someone to hold the ball up 

Obviously we know who was supposed to be doing that. But when has he shown any ability to hold the ball up? He doesn't win headers with his back to goal, his first touch has been garbage and his passing woeful. If you want someone to primarily hold the ball up you're much better off with Ulloa. 

The worst thing about him is the persistent and visible moaning at his team mates. If would be irritating enough if he was playing well. 

Can't be many coaches in world football who would have continued to play 4-4-1-1 when 2 goals ahead away from home against a side who had gone to 3 in central midfield. and with 2 fellas who had run themselves to a standstill four days earlier. Said it during the match thread and it's still true, despite the win - tactically naive. amartey or king for Okazaki after 55 mins was the call. 

Archived