Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

West Ham - Post Match Thread 2 - 3

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

They were visibly exhausted for the last half an hour of that so it was a tremendous effort to keep them out. Kasper is our player of the season without a doubt. 

Slimani and Musa - £45m worth of talent, not good enough to be honest. 

Agreed but we just have to forget about how much they cost now... and look at their value in the context of who else is available to come off the bench and do they job they were asked to do...

its it's clear that shakey sees attack as the first line of defense.. the chasing the harrying... it's what was needed plus the fact we were pinned in our own last third  so we needed. Fast break outlet...

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

****ing hell that was tough to watch at the end. 

Kasper is a godsend. ****ing incredible.

Subs were not great really. I'm a Slimanite and gutted he keeps missing good chances. Musa is done here I think, Gray offers so much more.

Vardy missed a chance too and people don't slate him. I don't really understand some posters in this forum. Vardy before Shakespeare had all sorts of bad games, and all gave him the benefit of the doubt with Slimani he missed one chance he is the worst. But yes, he needs to leave. 

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

Kasper best in Europe atm. Slimani ran his bollocks off and got involved pretty well for me, poor to miss the chance but ultimately it doesn't matter. Musa dreadful though. Great win

What. The. ****?

Fantastic result, the "no league away win all season" monkey is off our back.

In the end, lucky to get 3 points and could not have complained if we just got one. First half performance was great, but the midweek game caught up big time in the second. We were desperate for points, but I hope Shakespeare thinks about rotating the squad a bit more. Benny did very well today, but others in the team fatigued fast. Slimani and Musa had shockers when on though! But I think if we hadn't played midweek that game would have been done and dusted and not the nerve jangler it ended up being.

Also Kasper henceforth shall simply be known as "THE GREAT WALL OF LEICESTER" as once again without him who knows what the score would be.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We defended like absolute heroes today, enourmous credit to Schmeichel, Huth and Benalouane who played like a veteran of the football club. I'm so happy for him coming in and taking his chance. Albrighton and Mahrez were running on fumes towards the end but this was 2 excellent and deserved victories in less than a week.

Only downside was the frankly daft double sub of Musa and Slimani. But we can allow Sir Shakespeare one mistake!

hope he learns from it though!!!

Fantastic result as you could see fatigue creeping in. Kasper was immense, but  in motoring terms with Musa we have bought a lemon and Slim excellent at running around chasing the ball the problem is when he receives it, I could have fcuking scored that last chance.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We defended like absolute heroes today, enourmous credit to Schmeichel, Huth and Benalouane who played like a veteran of the football club. I'm so happy for him coming in and taking his chance. Albrighton and Mahrez were running on fumes towards the end but this was 2 excellent and deserved victories in less than a week.

Only downside was the frankly daft double sub of Musa and Slimani. But we can allow Sir Shakespeare one mistake!

He probably had to give them a go to show he wouldn't just stick to the first 11. At least now he can legitimately forget about them?

Musa has been awful, and Silmani a massive disappointment. Best part of £50m there!

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Slimani need binning asap. Both utterly useless.

Goal or assist every 119 minutes in the Premier League.

He's clearly not fit at the moment but he's still been our most prolific striker this season.

5 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Atm He doesn't even worth €15M but that is because he didn't have a good season. Too many injuries, team playing bad, manager changed, AFCON. But last season he was placed 6 in Golden Boot so he was worth that price.

Excuses, excuses.

Last season is not this season. I've seen hardly anything from Slimani, be it today or in past outings (apart from the header in the Champions League group stages) that suggests he's as good as Algerian football fans are making him out to be.

Sporting are laughing themselves to the bank.

£28m for that!!!

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

He probably had to give them a go to show he wouldn't just stick to the first 11. At least now he can legitimately forget about them?

Musa has been awful, and Silmani a massive disappointment. Best part of £50m there!

Yes putting them at 75 minutes, when your team is being completely dominated and couldn't do a play, and now it is their fault... What do you understand about football honestly?

4 on the trot- great.  No one , just no one would have predicted it 4 weeks ago!

Those moaning about Slim and Musa and why didn't Gray play, I know you watched it but you've got to respect Shakeys decisions- he works with the p,Akers and obviously sees enough in training.  Slim is completely lacking confidence by the sound of it. 

2 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

Slim was running at their defenders constantly, should have out the chance away. Other players have missed sitter as well this season.

The hoofing in the second half didn't help anyone.

He's missed several though.

I wanna stay positive and am, but i'm sorry he is no good for us.

4am in Melbourne, I'm sweating & have had knocks on the door telling me to shut the **** up. But thank god for that 3 points

On the positive side of things, what the hell did we do to deserve Kasper?

and on the negative side of things, what the hell did we do to deserve Musa?

Archived