Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

Got there just as it was ending hoping to spend a few hours in plaza mayor until the game:

- Few absolute nobs being absolute nobs and running away.

- Few nobs being rightly chastised by police.

- Majority of the actual support just walking away from trouble.

- The rest in the bars around 

fvck it - 1-1 it is 

• Like 1

Anyone that thinks fighting the police and slurring our great clubs name is funny is just as big a moron as the morons doing it. It really should have been left in the 70/80's

It's not funny and not big. I hope the ring leaders get battered charged and prison.

I just hope innocents don't get caught up or hurt.

Club life bans to everyone of them our club and city don't need that scum.

I bet most don't have tickets but the loyal fans will be blamed.

Hang your fvcking heads in shame w4nkers.

• Like 1

A lot of disgusting behaviour on show from our people. Doesn't condone some of the Police response but we shouldn't be surprised by that given the disrespect being shown to this city.

Actually makes me embarrassed and ashamed to be English and a LCFC supporter and has absolutely ruined this historic occasion for me.

Wish I hadn't come.

• Like 4

Guest MattP

Football Away Days has just uploaded a video someone has took secretly of them wading into a bar and swinging at our fans just sat down having a drink in a bar.

Least that's out there now showing what absolutely filth the Spanish coppers are.

As others have said, the apologists for this are the real scum, you don't deserve to follow Leicester. 

6 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

To be honest... I don't see this guy doing much wrong.

Not that their behaviour is acceptable... and I'm genuinely sorry you guys got hit...  but if riot police are walking towards you with bat's and shields, are known for being aggressive and there are reports going around of them hitting people... Why on earth did you guys just stand there? 

Keep your distance and back off. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

It just happens to be Leicester fans as the sole English representatives. I don't see it having anything to do with "being Leicester", it's "being English".

I can't recall similar incidents when Eindhoven, Bayern or Rostov fans were in town during the group stage matches - although some of the Dutch had a bit of a nasty streak, mocking beggars in Madrid:

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/six-psv-fans-arrested-for-violence-in-madrid-appear-before-judge/

In fact, Bayer Leverkusen fans could do as they pleased:

Its probably also linked to a hooligan reputation  that has been hanging over our heads for years now -English clubs even got banned from Euopean competitions it was that bad

9 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I went for a piss just as it kicked off, came out of the toilets and the doors had been locked. Plenty of lads tried to just run off and the police were twatting them as they were running. A few (terrible) flares were let off and then the police got involved and some dickheads lobbed a couple of bottles at the police but then 10 minutes later reinforcements arrived and they came charging basically hitting anyone in sight. That's a balanced perspective of what happened, undoubtedly some fans were c*nts but the barbaric, heavy handed response was completely unjustified as innocent people were indiscriminately attacked trying to escape.

Look after yourself mate. 

10 minutes ago, MadridFox said:

Not that their behaviour is acceptable... and I'm genuinely sorry you guys got hit...  but if riot police are walking towards you with bat's and shields, are known for being aggressive and there are reports going around of them hitting people... Why on earth did you guys just stand there? 

Funnily enough my journalist son was standing just behind that guy videoing on his phone - I told him not to stand at the front. He understands now!

they didn't look too threatening until hey suddenly started running - I was sitting drinking my beer assuming I would be safe - then I saw that fella at the front taken down and I didn't hang around

there was a rush of people out of the square in the corners down a stone  stairway and several fell. It wasn't far away from being very bad 

Edited by st albans fox

9 minutes ago, MadridFox said:

Honestly from what I can see in that video, it looks like the fans did keep their distance and dropped back to the peripheries of the square. Didn't look like many other places they could go without getting hit by a baton. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Look after yourself mate. 

I'm about falling asleep tbh, had an early start yesterday and still nearly missed my flight so had to leg it through Luton airport and I was up early today as well. Arrived in Valencia yesterday morning and I've walked 30 KM across both days ffs lol 

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I'm about falling asleep tbh, had an early start yesterday and still nearly missed my flight so had to leg it through Luton airport and I was up early today as well. Arrived in Valencia yesterday morning and I've walked 30 KM across both days ffs lol 

Haha falling asleep isn't like you? lol