Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Trouble in Madrid

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Look at this before deciding on who is scum:

So you pick the one video on the Internet that hasn't put in all the police violence as well?

With friends like you we don't need enemies. 

46 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm torn on this really, when I see dickheads singing 10 German bombers I'm delighted I'm not there but equally when I see a photo on Twitter of an older Leicester fan wearing a replica shirt covered in blood from the massive gash on his head I struggle to see how people can just sit on here saying "you get what you deserve". 

As much as i disagreed with you earlier, this is certainly true. I suppose it boils down to heavy handed police + some idiots = chaos for all fans including the genuine innocent ones.

Also, i guess in our PL games you only get a few idiots travel. Must be thousands of idiots travelled to this one just because its a trip abroad.

28 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

So the nonsensical police should just accept that uncle knob head and his mates should be allowed to throw the odd beer can. 

Yes what a very English perspective agreed what a world

One bloke threw a beer and you're  condoning everyone within the city centre wearing a Leicester shirt get targetted by the police?

What a delightful person you are.

I know it doesn't look like there was far to move but there really is. He should of moved away. I don't think the guy is doing anything wrong, but standing in front of riot police like that... They won't move for him. Still though, I dislike the behaviour from the police. No need to do what they did, very over the top. Hitting the guy while he was falling... Ugh. 

Stay safe people. Keep your distance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadridFox said:

I know it doesn't look like there was far to move but there really is. He should of moved away. I don't think the guy is doing anything wrong, but standing in front of riot police like that... They won't move for him. Still though, I dislike the behaviour from the police. No need to do what they did, very over the top. Hitting the guy while he was falling... Ugh. 

Stay safe people. Keep your distance. 

Fair points and I agree ultimately I hope everyone is safe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Funnily enough my journalist son was standing just behind that guy videoing on his phone - I told him not to stand at the front. He understands now!

they didn't look too threatening until hey suddenly started running - I was sitting drinking my beer assuming I would be safe - then I saw that fella at the front taken down and I didn't hang around

there was a rush of people out of the square in the corners down a stone  stairway and several fell. It wasn't far away from being very bad 

Glad your son is okay. Great Father advice - bet the guy getting hit wish he had a father full of wisdom with him too! 

I think I know the stairway you mean. For that many people it must be sh-tty. I'd personally avoid plaza mayor. There are so many bars in Madrid center where you can sit outside. Huge congregations of fans will attract police, and even worse.. It will attract idiotic fans thinking throwing stuff at the police will be great bantz. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadridFox said:

I think I know the stairway you mean. For that many people it must be sh-tty. I'd personally avoid plaza mayor. There are so many bars in Madrid center where you can sit outside. Huge congregations of fans will attract police, and even worse.. It will attract idiotic fans thinking throwing stuff at the police will be great bantz.

As people have mentioned, that's where people were told to go. I suppose that on on Police advice to keep the City fans all together in a nice, easy to baton package... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Why anyone would choose to stand with a bunch of clowns chanting '10 German bombers' all day in the main square, while running the gauntlet of riot police is a mystery to me. It's fairly obvious to anyone with any sense that this would be a potential flashpoint, and to steer clear, find a quiet bar, chat to the locals and enjoy the food and culture while you're there as well as the game.

By the same token, indiscriminate battering from the police isn't great either. Just avoid the area and don't take the risk, not rocket science.

This. Nuance, people.

Now please understand i am not condoning brutish behavior by the police.

Years ago now i remember watching big brother. I remember one of the contestant doing something wrong and so what they would do, they would deny ALL the contestants a privalge as a form of punishment. The idea being that by punishing them all, it would shame the offender into toeing the line.

Whilst that video posted several posts ago is shocking and so so wrong, it denies us the opportunity to see what proceeded that. that DOES NOT justify how the police reacted to innocent people, of course...

The Spanish police response does appear to be OTT when it comes from attacking all and sundry...however, I personally find the (probable minority but still not shunned by others) fans that go singing songs about German bombers etc to be an absolute national embarrassment. The world has moved on but these scumbags haven't. Year after year it's the same old shit everywhere English fans go. Get drunk, sing stupid songs, cause trouble, get police reaction and complain. 

I feel sorry for all the genuine fans getting caught up in it and hope you all avoid any trouble.

If you're one of the dickheads bringing a streak of malevolence with them, nicking beer from behind bars and generally making our whole nation look like pricks, however, then I've no problem with the police having a field day. You're not in an Ibiza or Magaluf, which need dickheads like you to exist, you're in a proper city which didn't ask for a bunch of pricks turning up. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

As people have mentioned, that's where people were told to go. I suppose that on on Police advice to keep the City fans all together in a nice, easy to baton package... 

So I heard! I think it would be a great place to have the official meeting place, but once the trouble like that starts kicking off, it's probably time to leave. Though yes, probably stated as it would be easier to bea... Police* fans. 

For every twat singing ten German bombers (which I can't stand) there's probably three or four Leicester fans that are elderly, gone as a family, women, kids etc so what's more digusting is people condoning the Police's behaviour when they were attacking literally anyone regardless of their involvement in the trouble. 

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

So you pick the one video on the Internet that hasn't put in all the police violence as well?

With friends like you we don't need enemies. 

Don't be such a dick.

Enemies? We are playing a football match, not fighting a war.

• Like 3

amazing how certain media outlets dont report on both sides of the story regards the trouble, dont mention all the innocent fans that have got caught up in it, even then they dont mention the heavy handedness of the Spanish police, 

and other fans seem to be blinkered again like with the CR situation, just reminds me how many people believe whatever they read or see without all the facts

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Don't be such a dick.

Enemies? We are playing a football match, not fighting a war.

You posted a video up asking people to judge "who the real scum is" and made it one that didn't show anything from the numerous videos we have seen of police attacking our supporters. 

Absolutely disgraceful to be honest given what a lot of our own family are going through at the hands of that lot tonight.

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

amazing how certain media outlets dont report on both sides of the story regards the trouble, dont mention all the innocent fans that have got caught up in it, even then they dont mention the heavy handedness of the Spanish police, 

I'd say it's entirely predictable...

There must be another part of Madrid that isn't occupied by people looking to stir up trouble.  It looks a dump right now as well, litter everywhere.  Disgraceful.  Those innocent people caught up in it shouldn't be anywhere near it to start with. 

If you're not there, you can't find yourselves involved in it.  Move on and find a decent part of town.

Simples.

Just now, MattP said:

You posted a video up asking people to judge "who the real scum is" and made it one that didn't show anything from the numerous videos we have seen of police attacking our supporters. 

Absolutely disgraceful to be honest given what a lot of our own family are going through at the hands of that lot tonight.

Load of rubbish. All the 'fan supporting' videos have shown only the police response, not what led to it. 

Too many in here condoning the behaviour of a persistent minority of supporters from the UK that **** up everything they touch when following their team in Europe and beyond. 

• Like 1