Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

32 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Huth genuinely keeps our back line together.

I don't think people understand just how important he is 

Huth might be slow as, but Morgan looks absolutely lost without him. Without huth our defence fell apart last season

Write Morgan and Huth off at your peril. We're horrendously erratic last year under Claudio's bizarre tactics but showed their class when we reverted to the way we know. They still have contributions to make for at least one more year I would think...

48 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Write Morgan and Huth off at your peril. We're horrendously erratic last year under Claudio's bizarre tactics but showed their class when we reverted to the way we know. They still have contributions to make for at least one more year I would think...

Writing people off too quickly is what foxestalk does best. Unless they arrive and play like Kante straight away, get them in the fooking bin.

17 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

No rumours or movement on any story all day, crap day to be on FT.

There seems to be a significant lull in any worthwhile news since we've been in Austria. Even the Iheanacho situation seems ridiculously complicated when, really, all the players we wish to be involved with next season should start to become involved with the squad. 

As ever, the list of gonerbuys" remains extensive but actual signings - or even the indication of potential signings - remain sparse. Nothing seems to be simple anymore.

I really wish we didn't have so much deadwood to dispose of and simply had to make two or three properly considered signings each close season rather than needing what seems like a major revamp. Dumping deadwood is like disposing of Victorian brown furniture. You'd rather burn it than accept the derisory sums you're likely to be offered and, with the latter. I often do.           

Are there no genuinely capable attacking midfield players who would be prepared to join from of the top 30 richest clubs in Europe without having to spend weeks deliberating over an expensive Swansea player who doesn't seem to want to come here?

And surely there's an effective winger and right back we've identified from the global choice who'd like to be here and would improve our squad?

It's three, maybe four players we're talking about now, not a tribe of them. Are there no straight answers to be found from anyone - be it clubs or players - or is our scouting system so inadequate we don't actually know who the hell we want or at what price? 

I can see us completing our time in Austria and then having the three-match competition in Hong Kong with a shadow of the side we're likely to field come the first day of the Premiership season and us being as disjointed as we were last year for all that those who are here and will play, may well be fitter. That aspect at least seems to be in hand and so it should be. 

A couple of weeks back I was fairly pleased with our progress but since then, the situation over Iheanesco seems increasingly clouded, leaving me  underwhelmed both by most of the supposed targets mentioned and the seeming lack of anything exciting in prospect.

And, like others, I don't quite understand the seemingly declared availability of Slimani, for all that I doubt that I'd ever have signed him. I guess he's on significant wages and we'd rather cut our losses than continue to be disappointed. I wonder if his past injury still causes concern because, if not, then I can only ask why we chose to sign him for so much and use him so little?       

What a pity we can't bring our own products through consistently and largely detach ourselves from the irritations of pre-season horse trading!

Rant over - I'm just feeling pissed off at all the lack of action. 

26 minutes ago, Thracian said:

There seems to be a significant lull in any worthwhile news since we've been in Austria. Even the Iheanacho situation seems ridiculously complicated when, really, all the players we wish to be involved with next season should start to become involved with the squad. 

As ever, the list of gonerbuys" remains extensive but actual signings - or even the indication of potential signings - remain sparse. Nothing seems to be simple anymore.

I really wish we didn't have so much deadwood to dispose of and simply had to make two or three properly considered signings each close season rather than needing what seems like a major revamp. Dumping deadwood is like disposing of Victorian brown furniture. You'd rather burn it than accept the derisory sums you're likely to be offered and, with the latter. I often do.           

Are there no genuinely capable attacking midfield players who would be prepared to join from of the top 30 richest clubs in Europe without having to spend weeks deliberating over an expensive Swansea player who doesn't seem to want to come here?

And surely there's an effective winger and right back we've identified from the global choice who'd like to be here and would improve our squad?

It's three, maybe four players we're talking about now, not a tribe of them. Are there no straight answers to be found from anyone - be it clubs or players - or is our scouting system so inadequate we don't actually know who the hell we want or at what price? 

I can see us completing our time in Austria and then having the three-match competition in Hong Kong with a shadow of the side we're likely to field come the first day of the Premiership season and us being as disjointed as we were last year for all that those who are here and will play, may well be fitter. That aspect at least seems to be in hand and so it should be. 

A couple of weeks back I was fairly pleased with our progress but since then, the situation over Iheanesco seems increasingly clouded, leaving me  underwhelmed both by most of the supposed targets mentioned and the seeming lack of anything exciting in prospect.

And, like others, I don't quite understand the seemingly declared availability of Slimani, for all that I doubt that I'd ever have signed him. I guess he's on significant wages and we'd rather cut our losses than continue to be disappointed. I wonder if his past injury still causes concern because, if not, then I can only ask why we chose to sign him for so much and use him so little?       

What a pity we can't bring our own products through consistently and largely detach ourselves from the irritations of pre-season horse trading!

I like your posts.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Writing people off too quickly is what foxestalk does best. Unless they arrive and play like Kante straight away, get them in the fooking bin.

Cheer up.  There are reports of Musa being electric in training.

But then I also remember him being brilliant against Barcelona before he stepped on the downbound escalator and his "domestics" took centre stage.  

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I don't think that Huth or Morgan have suddenly became bad players. We can still use both of them but I think one of the major contributors to their lack of form last year (other than the one you mentioned) was the change in rules that says, if a defender even farts in the general direction of an opponent then it's a foul. 

Both Huth and Morgan have never been the most technically gifted. Neither are particularly quick or good on the ball. What they are however is big, strong, mean, old fashioned, hairy @rsed CB's. Sadly the modern game is driving these types of players out of football  

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't think that Huth or Morgan have suddenly became bad players. We can still use both of them but I think one of the major contributors to their lack of form last year (other than the one you mentioned) was the change in rules that says, if a defender even farts in the general direction of an opponent then it's a foul. 

Both Huth and Morgan have never been the most technically gifted. Neither are particularly quick or good on the ball. What they are however is big, strong, mean, old fashioned, hairy @rsed CB's. Sadly the modern game is driving these types of players out of football  

Great shut down CB's but the rule change really affected them plus the fact that age is catching up to them. All teams need to continually evolve and that means bringing in younger players to push the veterans.

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

I'm desperate for a tall boy...

X

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

I dont think the situations are any different, i think the problem is that more information is available to us and, in our mind, that complicates things.

It doesnt seem that long ago to me that the first bit of info we used to get was the back page of the Mercury telling us someone was ' set to sign' when the reality is we dont have a scooby what went on in the weeks leading up to that article.

Neither did we hear about all the players we were interested on only for us to not agree a fee, not  agree personal terms or players who rejected us or clubs who outbit us. Sure there does seem to be the added 'interference' of football agents these days, but they want deals to be done as much as we do, if not more!

We didnt used to hear about hardly any of that.

I'm NOT criticizing  the information we now get - im glad to hear about it all.  we just need to take it in the context of  things are constantly going on behind the scenes.. things that we never even used to get a sniff of happening...

Archived