Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Ben Gibson - Interest

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sakho all day long. He'd be a legend at Leicester.

I would've taken him on loan last season. Not sure why we didn't.

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

I would've taken him on loan last season. Not sure why we didn't.

Me too, he's a player that would have been an asset at the time. Not sure who i'd prefer between him and Gibson now though, but he was a fans fav at L'pool which speaks volumes i think. 

10 hours ago, gurru991 said:

whoscored.com

Wimmer is 6.19

Gibson is  6.82

Both are 24 but Gibson is way ahead of Wimmer

Literally couldn't give a monkey about who scored.com

In my opinion Wimmer is streets ahead of Gibson

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

People have been crying out for ball playing centre backs.

Not sure he fits the bill; when I've seen him he makes Wes look like Maradona. (And I don't mean short and fat).

Think your right, seems a bit of a hoofer. We've now got one ball playing cb though in Maquire.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yeah but I don't get the 'love in' with Sakho, he makes a good few mistakes from what I've seen.

From memory he had a torrid time at the KP last season.

I don't get it either. Seems a very average player at best imo. I would start Huth and Wes before him everytime.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sakho all day long. He'd be a legend at Leicester.

Liverpool apparently want 30 mil for him. I don't rate him that highly. Gibson, Smalling, Wimmer or Calum Chambers are way better value.

17 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

On a totally unrelated note because we haven't been linked with him, if Spurs want 20m for Wimmer then I'd much rather buy him than Gibson

Pretty sure we could get Wimmer for half that and even 15m would still be a good deal. He's surplus and Spurs putting a 20m price tag was their way of saying he's available but they are tough negotiators. Definitely worth pursuing but doesn't seem like we are interested at all unfortunately.

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Pretty sure we could get Wimmer for half that and even 15m would still be a good deal. He's surplus and Spurs putting a 20m price tag was their way of saying he's available but they are tough negotiators. Definitely worth pursuing but doesn't seem like we are interested at all unfortunately.

Probably because its well known how difficult Levy is to negotiate with when you want to buy one of his players.

Spin that round and he's useless when buying players.. £30 million for Sissoko...

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

Probably because its well known how difficult Levy is to negotiate with when you want to buy one of his players.

Spin that round and he's useless when buying players.. £30 million for Sissoko...

I agree, I'm sure other teams dread dealing with him. Credit where it's due though he did well with Dele Alli

12 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Liverpool apparently want 30 mil for him. I don't rate him that highly. Gibson, Smalling, Wimmer or Calum Chambers are way better value.

They want £25m for him. Surely if we offered £20m with an extra £5m on performance related terms, that should get him. Imagine a back 3 of Sakho, Huth & Maguire.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

They want £25m for him. Surely if we offered £20m with an extra £5m on performance related terms, that should get him. Imagine a back 3 of Sakho, Huth & Maguire.

For me personally i would take Gibson or Wimmer over Sakho every day of the week. Less money & younger.

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sakho? I can remember him playing against us for Liverpool and we were all in stitches laughing at him, he was so incredibly poor! A big uncoordinated galoot! 

Yep. Vardy had him terrified, properly went all over the place.

Now it may just be my little thing, but I like the idea of signing players that play well against us, it kind of implies they have something we dont or we cant figure them out. Get stronger from improving on your weaknesses ect. Worked well enough with Drinkwater and Nuge.

Edit: Oop, and of course Leicester's no.23

He's not shit at all. He's a massive influencer on the pitch too and we love signing captains or potential captains. Season long loan with an agreement to sign for £15-20 million next summer would get it done. Liverpool will buckle, it's dead money otherwise.

Archived