Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

I don't expect Man U to be in the top 3 at the end of the season . The current teams shoulders aren't broad enough to carry the weight of expectation and Mourinho 's

fearful and defensive approach will communicate to the players as the season goes on 

Man Utd miss Pogba big time. They don't look the same without him. Same as Chelsea without Kante

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Man Utd miss Pogba big time. They don't look the same without him. Same as Chelsea without Kante

Think Pogba is quite over-rated, especially for the price he was purchased for.

Is often wasteful and can concede unnecessary fouls.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Will donate £100 to the forum if Manchester City fail to win the title with the very big lead they've got.

It's surely theirs to lose now.

Never, in the history of the top division, has a side playing flair football thrown away a seemingly unassailable lead...

:P

33B00817-643F-4D9C-9094-D8AA874E244C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Super_horns said:
2 up and in control...

Gomes gets injured and the new guy has a shocker in goal.

Then give away a needless penalty in last minute!

Not good..

Thought the penalty you conceded was really unfortunate. Holebas slipped into Lennon, really can't criticise him for it, not like he intended to foul him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I think we still didn't see Pogba at full power in the PL. He was a monster at Juventus and there is a reason why Mourinho rates him so highly.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

I think we still didn't see Pogba at full power in the PL. He was a monster at Juventus and there is a reason why Mourinho rates him so highly.

Disagree, Premier League is so competitive for midfielders. Juventus was a walk in the park for him given the non-competitiveness at the time. 

People say Pogba is overrated but he still is head and shoulders the best Midfielder in that United team and I would say he realistically is a top 10 midfielder in the Prem. He isn't the best but he is one of the best.

If you look at some of the games he plays for United, especially last season, he would be leading in assists if he didn't have such wasteful forwards.

Also I think a lot of people slate Pogba as a bad or average player because of his price tag. If he went for the same price as DeBruyne people wouldn't be giving him as much crap.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Don't agree with this. His team has been wasteful.

I think United Worst player right now is Mykhitaryan. He isn't really creative and loses the ball often. Mahrez is a far better player.

I still can't believe how many people on here were declaring Man Utd as the champions after they beat us, they are flat track bullies and will finish below Chelsea and Spurs imo.

They are very average and Jose is now ten years behind the top coaches in the way he manages.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

I still can't believe how many people on here were declaring Man Utd as the champions after they beat us, they are flat track bullies and will finish below Chelsea and Spurs imo.

They are very average and Jose is now ten years behind the top coaches in the way he manages.

this top post

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

Bang on, they can bully the Bournemouth's of the like all they like, but they'll always set up like a Pulis side against the big boys and their record shows for it. In comparison to Manchester City who play their style no matter who the opposition and show no fear. I think they'll still finish 2nd mind,  probably a carabao cup as well to keep his job 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

It's amazing how he has stood still. It's happened to Wenger - who was once way ahead of the league - and now watching Mourinho sides are totally different to a decade ago in the PL, or whenever he was first at Chelsea. They were great to watch and had many a flair play (Joe Cole etc). But United don't seem to create anything without Pogba and Mata - the last two times I've seen United on tv that Mikitarian is one of several players to just ghost through the games.

They aren't as good as Manchester City, Chelsea or Spurs.

But the media, as always loving United, had them down as Champions by September and Lukaku seemed the best thing to happen to them in years. Wonder if they've all changed their minds yet. 

Bilic is probably one of most overrated premier league managers of all time and never got the jype with him.

Loads of football hipsters were rimming him when he got appointed just because he did OK at Croatia a decade ago and had glimpses of being insightful on TV.

Not surprised this ended in tears, the biggest shame is that he didnt finish the job and send West Ham down.

Their stadium would be even more soulless as it is now if they go down and fans refuse to go to home games in protest etc.

They appear like a club that thinks they're better/bigger than they are.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 hours ago, MattP said:

I think they will finish above Chelsea. I think Chelsea will have spotty form during the season.

Also in terms of being average they are far better than most of the teams in this league.

So many haters on United. Watch them finish 2nd and I can also call them as making it further than the other English teams in the Champions League, mark my words.

Spurs are overrated btw.

Edited by TheHitman™