Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Koeman doesn't know what is roughly his first 11 or his formation or playing style and that can't help. One week three at the back, then four. Sometimes 433, other 442 or even 4231. Niasse has one good half hour and now he's starting, Davies in one week out the next, and played out of position. Right back and one of the centre backs changes every week. No wonder they can't get a run going, or they're not clicking. He also barely used Sandro and Klassen, so for all the talk of money spent, there's £30m unused right there.

Sandro has injury problems. He was injured when he first joined apparently. I do agree though - there's no set 11 which makes it tough for players to 'bond' or 'gel', so to speak.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

just in general from their fans.

I doubt Walsh has the influence at Everton like he did at Leicester. 

Which is why I saw it as a step down when people were calling it a 'promotion' and why I questioned his ambition.

Unless of course he wanted to take more a back seat - Which if was the case isn't going too well if he's getting stick there.

For all the 'I wanted to move closer to my family' I call bullshit, it's England, nowhere is far away besides his job entails travelling and being away from home.

I simply think him and Ranieri (And possible Rudkin) didn't see eye to eye, Ranieri wanted it his way in the 2nd season, something that cost him his job as it failed and Walsh used the excuse above to appease the Leicester fans.

Edited by Matt

Fascinating really when a couple of the players we wanted went to the Toffees instead ...   and they swiped the Mr Big of the recruitment world ...    and they have a 'top' manager ..    and they got the ex England captain and all time top goalscorer ...    Not to mention a top keeper with future England potential.  They wanted to compete for a top 6 place and try and overtake Liverpool.  Where are they now ? ...    Losing at home to Burnley.   Can't be bothered to look on their forum I but wonder what their fans make of it ...    Koeman out maybe ?

As an aside ...    if they bought Deeney they would have a Mr Potatoe Head front line ...    :)

If Burnley hang on to win they’ll have taken 8 points from Everton away, Spurs away, Liverpool away and Chelsea away.

So much for a “tough start”. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If Burnley hang on to win they’ll have taken 8 points from Everton away, Spurs away, Liverpool away and Chelsea away.

And they got solitary 1 point off Huddersfield & WBA and lost to Leeds in the cup. Weird team. 

thats got to be one of the quietest games ive heard in the premier league, except after the final whistle when they boo'd

Koeman is certainly skating on thin ice now i think, as much as i think we are doing rubbish, i personally think Everton are doing worse but thats probably just me though

1 minute ago, Koke said:

And they got solitary 1 point off Huddersfield & WBA and lost to Leeds in the cup. Weird team. 

Not really they probably played a more attacking game against them thinking they could win whereas against the top teams played for a point and got more than they expected. A bit like us when in our winning season

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's what a manager can do with limited resources, if he knows his job.

I'd take him over Shakespeare any day.

• Like 2

Just now, katieakita said:

It Shakey is replaced you know Dyche will be a front runner, would make for an interesting first few interviews

Why would Dyche leave a top 10 club to join us relegation fodder? He may be an idiot, but not even he is that stoopid.

3 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Why would Dyche leave a top 10 club to join us relegation fodder? He may be an idiot, but not even he is that stoopid.

£s for his pocket and ££££s for players 

Not that I'm keen on him

Just now, steveherbe said:

Did I say he was coming?  but if shakey goes his name will crop up along with the Pardew,Big Sam, Pulis and Hoddle