Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

6 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

He's running like an engine, hardly ever stutters. What Asian players may lack in skill and flair, they make up for with their workrate. Just look at Okazaki. He's relentless.

As far as the transfer fee is concerned, two years ago Son was the most expensive Asian footballer ever. He'd easily cost £30m to £40m in today's market.

So, a bit unfair a comparison with Slimani and Iheanacho. Also plays in a different position compared to these two.

Pretty sure slim signed two years ago also, he'd have been a better fit for the 10 position than shoe horning them in there. Always wondered if our old scout had anything to do with his signing as I think he was the first purchase after he went to Spurs.

Bong ups the ante.  Not sure doing this on Twitter is the best way of resolving it, if he truly believes he was racially abused.

A lot of the replies are the effect that he should brush his teeth or suck a mint. 

Abuse by excluding someone from a group, a community and a society based on their skin colour, religion or nationality is wrong but Gaëtab Bong should really punctuate his tweets. Is the full stop after 'players'? :dunno:

I feel a bit for Southampton yesterday that the late equaliser was clearly a handball, but that said you leave someone that free at the far post you've only got yourself to blame however the ball ends up in the back of the net.

As for Bong, unless he's prepared to share what Rodriguez said to him than he shouldn't be putting anything over social media. Having watched it a few times it just looks like Rodriguez said he had smelly breath, but I'm not lip reader. I just hope a proper investigation is allowed and Rodriguez isn't given a trial by media (and social media).

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

I feel a bit for Southampton yesterday that the late equaliser was clearly a handball, but that said you leave someone that free at the far post you've only got yourself to blame however the ball ends up in the back of the net.

As for Bong, unless he's prepared to share what Rodriguez said to him than he shouldn't be putting anything over social media. Having watched it a few times it just looks like Rodriguez said he had smelly breath, but I'm not lip reader. I just hope a proper investigation is allowed and Rodriguez isn't given a trial by media (and social media).

Surely if an effective dive gets retrospective ban then so should a handelled goal? Not heard anything to suggest that'll happen though. 

27 minutes ago, sdb said:

Surely if an effective dive gets retrospective ban then so should a handelled goal? Not heard anything to suggest that'll happen though. 

Yeah possibly, especially if it's obvious they intended to handle the ball into the net, rather than it just hitting the hand. Don't want to be punishing players for unintentionally handling the ball, because I don't think any player would turn down a goal if the ref missed it.

Have to say th standard of the officials this weekend has been bloody poor, I know it's a difficult job but some of th decisions and missed ones too have been beyond belief. 

The worse part is the FA etc was respect the ref and such but its difficult too when they are so poor and they don't face any sort of punishment for poor performances, 

They'll still be in charge of games next weekend too. 

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The most annoying thing about the Watford goal was the cheek of the goal scorer to go running off in wild celebration. 

Bit like Callum Wilson the other week who then admitted to conning the ref..

Goodness know how Doucourae managed to miss heading the ball in anyway !

Ref and assistant must have thought the same.

They missed quite a bit during the game including a potential penalty or two for us plus a lot of time wasting.,

Edited by Super_horns

Watching the stream of Bournemoth v Arsehole, I am really wondering why Mahrez would want move to Arsehole??? They are absolute toilet.  We may be able to catch both them and Burnley.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Maitland-Niles has looked ok, apart from running off the pitch when he got in behind lol

Yeah true ? had a decent effort off the bar but that's it. Can see it going either way. Not sure why no one has said anything about Lacazette either, in the same mould as Morata and Lukaku in terms of goalscoring failure so far!

I'd hate play in the same team as Ibe. Far too greedy, and hasn't got the ability to be greedy. Runs into players, never passes, takes too long to decide what he's going to do and kills pretty much every Bournemouth attack he's involved in. Sure every 15 games or so he scores a great goal but it's not worth the rest of the shit.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'd hate play in the same team as Ibe. Far too greedy, and hasn't got the ability to be greedy. Runs into players, never passes, takes too long to decide what he's going to do and kills pretty much every Bournemouth attack he's involved in. Sure every 15 games or so he scores a great goal but it's not worth the rest of the shit.

I hear he’s a good mate of our Demarai Gray. 

20 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Watching the stream of Bournemoth v Arsehole, I am really wondering why Mahrez would want move to Arsehole??? They are absolute toilet.  We may be able to catch both them and Burnley.

I was just saying similar, if he goes to Arsenal (Or Liverpool) I really would question ambition.

Ok, they're always up the top of the league but both have been mainly irrelevent for god knows how many years now, Arsenal have won a few FA Cups - Something we'd love but for a top club and top players is that enough? Besides Arsenal are out of that and going backwards rapidly. Liverpool are improving but I still don't see them winning anything anytime soon - We talk about Tottenham being bottlers, Liverpool are just as much in recent years.

• Like 1

Dag.  Bellerin couldn't miss that but he almost did.

Anybody else pulling for Bournemouth largely because Arsenal are now competition in the table and for a European spot

I know better -- there's way too much crap in the bottom half for the Arse to drop that many points in 15 matches -- but I can't help myself.  Our squad compares well to theirs post-Sanchez.  Looking forward, our Frenchman is superieur to theirs.

We'll know before long whether optimism is delusion.