Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

21 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Looks like stoke might end up with sanchez flores. Anyone surprised that we werent interested in him when Shakespeare went? I know it doesnt matter now but he did well at watford and seems to have done well in spain. 

Happy with Claude.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Looks like stoke might end up with sanchez flores. Anyone surprised that we werent interested in him when Shakespeare went? I know it doesnt matter now but he did well at watford and seems to have done well in spain. 

Certainly got Deeney and Ighalo scoring for a while whilst also setting up quite well defensively.

Typically went wrong after Christmas but then that seems to be the trend no matter who we have.

We have Stoke at the end of the month so that's 3 point for them if they appoint Flores.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Certainly got Deeney and Ighalo scoring for a while whilst also setting up quite well defensively.

Typically went wrong after Christmas but then that seems to be the trend no matter who we have.

We have Stoke at the end of the month so that's 3 point for them if they appoint Flores.

Yes just looking at the season he was at watford you finished 13th with 50 points. Looking at southampton last season they finished 8th with 46 so it's interesting different seasons where sides could finish. I just found it surprising at the time when he left watford. His track record looked quite impressive especially in spain. 

We just fell away at the end - probably due to the cup run I guess playing on the minds of the team.

He was quoted as saying his relationship with the Pozzos had broken down quite a while before the season end.

The football did get a bit dour and had some real favourites but which manager doesn't I guess.

So apparently Arsenal want £30-£35m for Sanchez, but now his agent also wants £5m for himself on top of that..

Just shows the state of the game with them being unregulated etc and ruining the game somewhat.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

So apparently Arsenal want £30-£35m for Sanchez, but now his agent also wants £5m for himself on top of that..

Just shows the state of the game with them being unregulated etc and ruining the game somewhat.

Call me old fashioned, but I think the player should pay his agent, although even if that was the case they’d find a work around so the club still ended up paying. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hardly surprising. It really is time agents were kicked out of the game forever. They offer not one single decent, honourable or positive contribution to the world of football.

• Like 1

I'm fine with English clubs hemorrhaging money on agent fees. It's such an inefficient use of money with so little marginal return to spend £50M+ on a player. The European Elite that English clubs usually don't stand a chance against are much more efficiently run. Our clubs should learn from their own mistakes and not need the governing body to make rules to fix stupid.

13 hours ago, reynard said:

Hardly surprising. It really is time agents were kicked out of the game forever. They offer not one single decent, honourable or positive contribution to the world of football.

I wouldn't be so quick to generalize. It's more a case of a few bad eggs spoiling it for everybody else.

Also, imagine players managing themselves - I can't see it being realistic unless they or their parents step up in terms of dealing with the matter.

Many players have a terrible way of dealing with money and basic questions such as housing, insurance, etc.

The problem with agents is that it's a highly unregulated market. In essence, anyone can become an agent or claim to be one. There used to be a FIFA exam you had to pass, that is gone now.

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Did you see merse and thomo reaction it was like - how dare he turn down a job in the Prem. Stoke are struggling and hes doing ok at espanyol. The arrogance of some of these pundits is bafilling. 

I thought exactly the same thing. How dare he turn down a job in literally one of the most dour cities on the planet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1