Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

At least we're always about 10 games from sacking our manager or defying everybody's expectations about football ever since we came up. Stoke and West Brom have consolidated their position, that's all. Agoraphobic football clubs.

15 hours ago, Tanya said:

I know he's not a Fox anymore, but will Barkley's move mean less time for Drinky? Imagine. He's a young, talented footballer who has been in the England squad and yet he's spending an awful amount of time on the bench....

Scott Parker and Steve Sidwell spring to mind. 

Mourinho goes from the special one to the little one. I'm glad Conte called out Mourinho for his antics when CR was sacked. Really had alot rage bottled in by the sounds if it.

Edited by sm1

Mourinho in trying to get his name in the paper shocker.

You can tell all the other managers genuinely hate him, whereas he's just acting like an arsehole for the publicity.

Edited by Kitchandro

Went behind enemy lines today to watch Cov and Stoke got to say looking at that Stoke team it looked so tired and old in general. You must have problems when you've got to rely on a 37 year old Peter Crouch to get you the goals. Looking at the rest doesn't look to good Stephen Ireland who plays about two games a season must be in his mid 30's, Charlie Adam 30's, Glen Johnson 30's, Darren Fletcher 30's. Aged team in desperate need of a revamp. MON been mentioned for them but I didn't think he'd make much difference there to be fair, think they need a younger manager with fresher ideas. Gary Rowett I think would do wonders there. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Mourinho goes from the special one to the little one. I'm glad Conte called out Mourinho for his antics when CR was sacked. Really had alot rage bottled in by the sounds if it.

Bet this comment will definitely aggrieve Mourinho..lol

'He has to know before he speaks because he is suffering from amnesia'

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He did alright with someone else's team and has since built this shite. Only lost Arnautovic of the players you'd think he'd wanna keep, so the rest of the squad is his vision, and it looks terrible. Wasted millions on players who he doesn't use anymore too like Imbula and Berahino whilst selling reliable pros like Walters and Bardsley.

Still relying on the impact of crouch after realising signings like bojan and jese were absolute bobbins.

But more than that Mark Hughes had zero likability.

Saying hed given stoke fans and board the best theyd ever had when constantly being thumped 3 4 and 5 nil, while pulis got to a cup final played in europe and barely finished any lower.

His arrogance that no one could do his job.

His pathetic constant excuse making, whinging and biased post match comments and referee bashing.

And his behaviour towards arnautovic on the sideline, utterly embarrasing. Surprised anyone would play for him.

So glad hes gone.

• Like 2

Was hoping Stoke would keep Hughes and send them down.

Most teams who have sacked their manager have improved so its tough to see who will get relegated, hopefully Brighton and Huddersfield dont get dragged into it.

Robbie Savage will defend Mark Hughes even if he fecked his wife. The caller is correct. A lot of Stoke fans had enough of him after the 2-2 draw with us last sesson, having being 2-0 up at half time and we are down to 10 men, and half our team were on yellow cards. Robbie cannot be objective when it comes to Hughes. Yes we we were defending champions but we were utter rubbish. We were dire. 

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

rumours going round that Nathaniel Clyne has failed a drugs test.

Got start to 2018 for them...

Sold Coutinho

Firmino being investigated for Racism

Clyne on the gas

Flanagan beating his wife up

19 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Went behind enemy lines today to watch Cov and Stoke got to say looking at that Stoke team it looked so tired and old in general. You must have problems when you've got to rely on a 37 year old Peter Crouch to get you the goals. Looking at the rest doesn't look to good Stephen Ireland who plays about two games a season must be in his mid 30's, Charlie Adam 30's, Glen Johnson 30's, Darren Fletcher 30's. Aged team in desperate need of a revamp. MON been mentioned for them but I didn't think he'd make much difference there to be fair, think they need a younger manager with fresher ideas. Gary Rowett I think would do wonders there. 

MON  should avoid that job at this stage of his life. Like you say to much work required. 

But by the same token rowett  should also stay at derby. He did a good job at Burton and rightly thought Birmingham  would be a step up. But they are a basket case of a club. He was harshly treated yes but I think he was in hindsight wrong to take the job.

He maybe best staying this time round.

Real Madrid are apparently in advanced talks over Harry Kane.

https://www.diariogol.com/real-madrid/harry-kane-elige-dorsal-en-el-real-madrid-y-hay-sorpresa-mayuscula_530054_102.html (need Google Translate.)

He may not be a regular if he goes there imo, but it would give him the opportunity to win something of course.

Reckon he'll stay at Spurs for the rest if his career as he seems like another 'servant' player.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

17 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Real Madrid are apparently in advanced talks over Harry Kane.

https://www.diariogol.com/real-madrid/harry-kane-elige-dorsal-en-el-real-madrid-y-hay-sorpresa-mayuscula_530054_102.html (need Google Translate.)

He may not be a regular if he goes there imo, but it would give him the opportunity to win something of course.

Reckon he'll stay at Spurs for the rest if his career as he seems like another 'servant' player.

I hope he goes just for his sake. 

• Like 1