Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Really excited seeing how Huddersfield do next season, I think they may surprise a few people but they will need 2 quality strikers as Wells and Kachunga won't cut it, but there is a lot in that XI today who should be good enough for the premier league next season.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Really excited seeing how Huddersfield do next season, I think they may surprise a few people but they will need 2 quality strikers as Wells and Kachunga won't cut it, but there is a lot in that XI today who should be good enough for the premier league next season.

I'm really pleased for them as it's another team and it's supporters yet to experience the Premier League who I hope will have a wonderful experience of top flight football. 

There were a lot who might do OK as you say but most of those were on loan. 

Their director of football who bagged Wagner and their signings this year jumped ship to Norwich and... has bagged a German manager...

so yes recruitment will will be interesting, perhaps they'll give Wagner some power, id imagine he suggested most of their European imports. 

I just made the short journey from junction 21 to junction 22 on the M1 and saw LOADS of cars with Huddersfield flags on their windows. It was brilliant to see. It reminded me of the unbridled joy of our own playoff victories, League Cup wins, and of course winning League One, the Championship and the Premier League.

It's great to have Huddersfield in the Premier League. Having grown up in the 80s and 90s, they're one of those sides who, when I found out they used to be rather good, I thought 'what, really?' It's quite a romantic story really.

Best of luck to them.

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Their director of football who bagged Wagner and their signings this year jumped ship to Norwich and... has bagged a German manager...

so yes recruitment will will be interesting, perhaps they'll give Wagner some power, id imagine he suggested most of their European imports. 

Yeah this Farke guy did so much better with the youth team than Wagner. Finished 2nd with the side Wagner finished 19th with. The DOF is called Stuart Webber, lighting dosent strike twice though does it?;) 

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

It'll no doubt be tough for Huddersfield but if you think Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Swansea are in the PL it's not impossible for them by any means 

Their budget was the Same as burton albions and their record signing was £1m...

Edited by AmarteyAndChill

2 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Danny Ward,

Tommy Smith,

Christopher Schindler,

Michael Hefele,

Aaron Mooy,

I reckon these players are all good enough for the premier league. They need a goal scorer though. 

Well if that's the list of suitable players then they will need to start breaking transfer records repeatedly as 3 defenders plus 2 that are on loan to them this season means they are going to need more then a goal scorer 

• Like 1

West Ham lad I go England games with sent me this last night!

Not England but thought as football fans you'd be interested in the email I just got from the WHU ISA after a meeting with the board and executives.

1) WHU will not play a home match before the September international break next season. 

2) WHU will play away on boxing day. The club cannot confirm of this will last for the rest of the LS lease (98 years).

3) Season ticket holders will lose their tickets if they fail to attend 7 home games a season.

What sort of club do I even support? Unrecognisable.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

West Ham lad I go England games with sent me this last night!

Not England but thought as football fans you'd be interested in the email I just got from the WHU ISA after a meeting with the board and executives.

1) WHU will not play a home match before the September international break next season. 

2) WHU will play away on boxing day. The club cannot confirm of this will last for the rest of the LS lease (98 years).

3) Season ticket holders will lose their tickets if they fail to attend 7 home games a season.

What sort of club do I even support? Unrecognisable.

1 and 2 will need premier league approval. Wetspam can't just decide when they play at home.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

1 and 2 will need premier league approval. Wetspam can't just decide when they play at home.

They could be relaying what the premier league has already told them 

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

It's already done, was apart of the deal for them to have the Olympic Stadium.

28 minutes ago, sylofox said:

To be fair - you wouldn't deliberately disadvantage your club unless you had no choice. The premier league will no doubt accept as it's all about the wonga. Seeing as playing at home has been such a chore for them this season it might actually help them!

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's already done, was apart of the deal for them to have the Olympic Stadium.

So let's all choose when we play only leaves who then. Randomly generated fixtures unless it's Wetspam.

I get the one season thing of a ground is being developed but no boxing day home games.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

So let's all choose when we play only leaves who then. Randomly generated fixtures unless it's Wetspam.

I get the one season thing of a ground is being developed but no boxing day home games.

I know it's something to do with who run the ground. Their fans aren't happy at all.