Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

13 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Danny Ward,

Tommy Smith,

Christopher Schindler,

Michael Hefele,

Aaron Mooy,

I reckon these players are all good enough for the premier league. They need a goal scorer though. 

I'd probably go along with that. Hefele definitely has a clanger or two in him mind. 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's already done, was apart of the deal for them to have the Olympic Stadium.

Athletics World Championship held the first weekend of the season. I think it's been mentioned it takes about ten days to switch from athletics mode to football mode. 

The weekend after there is a house music festival going on inside the Olympic Park area too. 

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Athletics World Championship held the first weekend of the season. I think it's been mentioned it takes about ten days to switch from athletics mode to football mode. 

The weekend after there is a house music festival going on inside the Olympic Park area too. 

It's abit harsh on the boxing day football though isn't it? 

13 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Danny Ward,

Tommy Smith,

Christopher Schindler,

Michael Hefele,

Aaron Mooy,

I reckon these players are all good enough for the premier league. They need a goal scorer though. 

Mooy's on loan from Man City and Ward from Liverpool. I honestly can't see them surviving and they could end up doing a Derby.

Since changing to a three they haven't looked that bad have they? That's with a lot of injuries too. 

They were superb in the FA Cup final and if they were consistent I'm sure they'd challenge.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Since changing to a three they haven't looked that bad have they? That's with a lot of injuries too. 

They were superb in the FA Cup final and if they were consistent I'm sure they'd challenge.

Not a chance, they will lose Sanchez aswell. 5th or 6th best team in the league at the min. 

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not a chance, they will lose Sanchez aswell. 5th or 6th best team in the league at the min. 

I do think they are a bit off, even more so if they lose Sanchez.

But aside from Chelsea, who were consistently good, and Spurs (sadly), I wasn't impressed with any of the other top sides last season. Liverpool started well but faded.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That line has kept Wenger in the job for about 8 years now.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I do think they are a bit off, even more so if they lose Sanchez.

But aside from Chelsea, who were consistently good, and Spurs (sadly), I wasn't impressed with any of the other top sides last season. Liverpool started well but faded.

Liverpool were top until afcon& then they lost manè, Lallana, Henderson and Coutinho, their 4 most important players for a long period of time. Also, If man city sign Mendy&walker their team will be even better & Manchester United are defiantly going to spend big. This could leave Arsenal lagging behind. 

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Liverpool were top until afcon& then they lost manè, Lallana, Henderson and Coutinho, their 4 most important players for a long period of time. Also, If man city sign Mendy&walker their team will be even better & Manchester United are defiantly going to spend big. This could leave Arsenal lagging behind. 

Yeah, Manchester City should walk it really. Their attacking is superb it's just their back five that needs sorting - and it looks like they've started early.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Exactly not making CL means that Arsenal even if they spend money will find it hard to replace Sanchez and even buy in real quality. The 5 in the CL have an advantage for sure when it comes to buying the very best players required. 

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

So let's all choose when we play only leaves who then. Randomly generated fixtures unless it's Wetspam.

I get the one season thing of a ground is being developed but no boxing day home games.

there's quite a few teams across all divisions who make requests to play home/away or have agreements to do so on certain days.

Like Everton/Liverpool can't play at home on the Grand National day. 

Glenn Thompson of the IT company Atos Origin is the man responsible for inputting all the data into the famed "fixtures computer", but before he does so the Football League, Premier League, Football Association and the Football Supporters' Federation undergo a series of discussions alongside the clubs, starting when a draft schedule is first proposed in November of the previous year.

The draft schedule is tweaked and sent out to all clubs in March, with a form asking them to respond with any specific requests. "It's very rare that we get a blank form back," admits Snellgrove, but not all can be accommodated - Birmingham City asked if they could have a home game next season on 19 April to celebrate Trevor Francis's birthday but the League could sadly not oblige, although the schedule does take into consideration the Nottingham Goose Fair and the Shrewsbury Flower Show.

As someone else stated, there may be other events which mean West Ham can't play at home. 

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

there's quite a few teams across all divisions who make requests to play home/away or have agreements to do so on certain days.

Like Everton/Liverpool can't play at home on the Grand National day. 

As someone else stated, there may be other events which mean West Ham can't play at home. 

Athletics World Championships are at the London Stadium until 13th August.

That'll be why no home games early in the season.

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's abit harsh on the boxing day football though isn't it? 

The Westfield Shopping Centre next door is the problem there and the tubes are on a skeleton service. Either way it's idiotic from West Ham's owners to do that. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Wenger has signed for 2 more years lol

I just don't get it. Why are Arsenal so happy with underachievement?

No other club the size of theirs would put up with him. At best they've been stagnating for 10 years, at worst they've gone backwards.