Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

Bearing in mind if Riyad goes we have little creativity in the team, I would like to see Wilshere. 

Realistic, relativity cheap and a decent player (I know, I know re injuries) but if he plays 20 games a season we will be a better team for 20 games...

I was going to say Ignacio Camacho but he went to Wolfsburg for 10 million Euro. Well and truly missed a trick here. I am worried by the insistence of Shakespeare in buying only players with PL experience is driving up the price and driving down the quality available. 

Rafa Benitez says Dwight Gayle is available for £18m which means you could probably get him for £13m.

If the Everton £40m Vardy rumours are true then I wouldn't be disappointed at selling Vardy for £40m and getting Gayle to replace him for £13m. That could work for me if Shakey can get the best out of Gayle.

Thoughts???

5 minutes ago, maddog said:

Rafa Benitez says Dwight Gayle is available for £18m which means you could probably get him for £13m.

If the Everton £40m Vardy rumours are true then I wouldn't be disappointed at selling Vardy for £40m and getting Gayle to replace him for £13m. That could work for me if Shakey can get the best out of Gayle.

Thoughts???

:blink:

4 hours ago, maddog said:

Thoughts???

Why does the money matter? You'd rather have a much worse player and £27m in the bank, and that's assuming your transfer negotiations can knock Mike Ashley down by £5m.

I agree with not unnecessarily spending ridiculous amounts on new signings, but why sell the ones we have and downgrade on them. Ironically that's what we'd be used to if we were all Newcastle fans and we'd alsolutley hate it! 

4 hours ago, KingGTF said:

:blink:

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Why does the money matter? You'd rather have a much worse player and £27m in the bank, and that's assuming your transfer negotiations can knock Mike Ashley down by £5m.

I agree with not unnecessarily spending ridiculous amounts on new signings, but why sell the ones we have and downgrade on them. Ironically that's what we'd be used to if we were all Newcastle fans and we'd alsolutley hate it! 

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Do you support Everton or Leicester may I ask? :D No ****ing way sir would I sell Vardy at any price, look at us without him, we are shocking, our whole style of play is basically built around him tbf.

It was just a thought/suggestion if Vardy ended up leaving which I hope he does not.

Gayle to me would seem like a good replacement with 1 day until the window slams shut, and if Newcastle want rid he would be available at a cheap price.

He's a similar type of player to Vardy, he'd be on a lot less money than Vardy, he's 26 years old about the same age as when Vardy hit his stride in The Championship. 

I'm talking myself into us signing Gayle. Let's sign him, sell Ulloa and Musa and keep Vardy then :P

6 hours ago, maddog said:

Thoughts???

Thoughts???  What is the less painful? Slitting ones wrists or gassing yourself  with exhaust fumes?

Shakespeare is no Guardiola but I don't think you be too critical of him and the club. Ihenacho, Maguire and Iborra are good players who would have been in demand by other clubs. We probably missed on Sigurdsson through the Koeman factor but I think we had a good window otherwise. Maguire even said that Shakespeare convinced him to come.

Ultimately, we will have to see who we have left on Friday. I am shocked we will still have Kasper after his last season and if we keep Mahrez that would be a turn up for the books. Maybe we will lose Drinkwater which will suck but would be a lot worse than losing 3 or 4 of our first team players which could have happened. 

16 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Would take Chambers in a heartbeat. He's been pushed aside at Arsenal, did well in a poor Middlesbrough team and, still relatively young, could prove a solid long term signing....Don't think he'd cost £30m either!

I think you could get both for less than Chelsea will have to pay for DD.

14 hours ago, Livid said:

Anyone else think Shakespeare being a relative unknown with little top flight managerial experience is counting against us in getting those we want in ?

No. 

Maguire turns down Spurs and Stoke for us. Kelechi we beat rumoured clubs such as Monaco. Iborra's last two managers now in two of the biggest World Football jobs. 

The fascination with the manager only exists in England. Agents and players abroad are used to coach system where all the signings are made by the club's hierarchy. The manager is simply a coach, here today and then gone tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, DannyN83 said:

Join in the free for all at Arsenal, get Wilshere and Chambers in..

I can totally understand the reasons for not, but as a fan with no control of the purse strings, I'd really love us to take a punt on Wilshere. A fit and firing Wilshere could be up there with the best in the league, he'd only cost £7-10m to buy as well.

Didn't know where to put this but the lad I saw on my flight back from Amsterdam yesterday was Joost Van Aken who is signing for Sheffield Wednesday. Apologies!! He does look a little bit like De Ligt though... and i'd had a few Beers.... lol 

13 hours ago, maddog said:

Thoughts???

Vardy out, Gayle in.

are you out of your mind?

36 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Vardy out, Gayle in.

are you out of your mind?

Haha no :P

See my more recent post on this very page of this thread. 9 hours ago for my updated view.

My views are fluid and adjust suddenly, just like the prime minister's. 

14 hours ago, maddog said:

Thoughts???

We can do without certain members of the team like Drinkwater for example but selling Vardy to replace him with Gayle would send out a terrible statement.

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We can do without certain members of the team like Drinkwater for example but selling Vardy to replace him with Gayle would send out a terrible statement.

It was just an idea honest :P

I don't want Vardy to go it was merely a replacement player suggestion at a cheap price IF he does. 

Archived