Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

56 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Brighton wanted him over the Summer but Werder won't sell after having him for six months. 

We might as well try again in January. Or else next summer.

Werder Bremen have a bit of a volatile squad, it can go either way for them.

I think the prospect of a potential Europa League campaign (not all too far-fetched) is a great catch.

Plus, he's made it clear he wants to play in the Premier League at some stage in his career. Sooner than later.

26 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Thread after thread on possible outgoings but not one credible link to a possible incoming.

Crap, isn't it?

Hopefully the club know their target(s) and some new transfers will come practically out of the blue like Iborra.

Hopefully.

Quite content with the squad overall.

However, the club need to at least sell/loan out one of Amartey, Musa and Ulloa (the latter player looks more likely).

Whilst they still have good value, but the longer they're out of the first-team picture - the more it'll hinder their career aspiration (whatever they are now).

It just feels like Musa and Amartey aren't that bad players than some suggest, but being still quite inexperienced in the English game and little time now to change Shakespeare's views on them will not serve well for any chance of regular football here this season.

Still can't really get over how much Musa has cost, but has made very little impact to justify that price tag.

I really like the Hoffenheim right back, nice and attacking.  Him or Peter Pekarik from Herta would be fantastic.  Saying that, Danny seems to be getting forward a little more this season.

30 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Quite content with the squad overall.

However, the club need to at least sell/loan out one of Amartey, Musa and Ulloa (the latter player looks more likely).

Whilst they still have good value, but the longer they're out of the first-team picture - the more it'll hinder their career aspiration (whatever they are now).

It just feels like Musa and Amartey aren't that bad players than some suggest, but being still quite inexperienced in the English game and little time now to change Shakespeare's views on them will not serve well for any chance of regular football here this season.

Still can't really get over how much Musa has cost, but has made very little impact to justify that price tag.

I agree with you Wymy, squad is pretty good, and without MAJOR changes, we have a good first XI as it stands today.  Maybe a new starting CB but can't see it happening to be honest. I still feel that if we use him correctly, Slim will be like a new signing.  We still have Kelechi to bring in too, as well as Iborra and a fit again Drinky. 

19 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Making a move for Serge Aurier would be a huge statement for the club.

Young ✔️

Bad boy reputation ✔️

Position for which we need cover ✔️

Makes our application for AFCON even flippin stronger ✔️

Linked with Tottenham, who don't deserve happiness top players ✔️

GERRIMIN JOKE

1 minute ago, Worthington said:

Seriously....and I know it's only one game, but we need to be in for that lad Brooks who played for the Blades tonight.

Otherwise, someone else is going to get in and bag themselves a real prospect !

mentioned on the commentary that he'd had 29 scouts turn up to watch his first league game this year, if I remember correctly. 

seems like everyone already knows about him! 

13 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Seriously....and I know it's only one game, but we need to be in for that lad Brooks who played for the Blades tonight.

Otherwise, someone else is going to get in and bag themselves a real prospect !

Definitely worth sticking a few quid in with the option to loan him back to them for the season. 

3 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

I wonder how much Brooks would cost. They sold Calvert-Lewin for £1.5m. Get him for less than 5m and it would surely be worth the punt.

Worth it and could even loan him back if we want him to have game time

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Young ✔️

Bad boy reputation ✔️

Position for which we need cover ✔️

Makes our application for AFCON even flippin stronger ✔️

Linked with Tottenham, who don't deserve happiness top players ✔️

GERRIMIN JOKE

Thracian will love him 

Worst case scenario, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Vardey leave, this would generate well over £100mil, not bad for a £2.5million investment, but who would you realistically spend the money on?

For me,

Lucas Perez to replace Vardy

Adrien Silva to replace DD

Thorgan Hazard to replace Mahrez

plus Johnny Evans and Serge Aurier.

I still think we would be in profit

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Worst case scenario, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Vardey leave, this would generate well over £100mil, not bad for a £2.5million investment, but who would you realistically spend the money on?

For me,

I'd sooner keep our players... 

3 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

For me,

Even with those 2 quality defenders, the team would look so much weaker. The replacements for Vardy and Mahrez lol (that's not a dig at who you chose, just the fact they're both well behind what we have now).

Let's say Riyad and Drinky for for what we've been asking; that's £80m+, potentially more given then stage we're at. Nobody will be able to afford Vardy. Genuinely reckon we'll be valuing him close to £100m given the prices atm and the fact he's virtually irreplaceable.

I'd love us to send a real statement of intent before the end of the window and splash out on real quality. If we could start September with an 11 like below we'd be cooking. 

Kasper

Hysaj - Gibson - Maguire - Fuchs

Mahrez - Silva - N'Didi - Albrighton

Itchynacho

Vardy

Renato Sanches is courted by a handful of Premier League clubs. Could we be one of them?

Timothée Kolodziejczak is rumoured to leave Mönchengladbach again due to a lack of game time. If fit, a great asset. That's a player we should go for.

Archived