Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Election policy quiz

I wish our political discourse was more on these sort of issues than it is now. I'd love to know/debate more often my stance on fracking, minimum wage and tuition fees than MPs criticising each other, ministerial scandals and empty immigration rhetoric - admittedly this site has more actual content than most, but the general discourse in the country is far less policy-centric than I'd like. 

Lib Dems top, then greens. Not that I'd vote for either - Lib Dems would be a wasted vote, and the greens pander too much to eejits who oppose technologies that are our best shots at resolving the things they complain about the most (GMOs for meeting demands for food production, biofuels and nuclear power for getting away from fossil fuels). Can't vote for a party that constantly undermines itself.

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Lib Dems top, then greens. Not that I'd vote for either - Lib Dems would be a wasted vote, and the greens pander too much to eejits who oppose technologies that are our best shots at resolving the things they complain about the most (GMOs for meeting demands for food production, biofuels and nuclear power for getting away from fossil fuels). Can't vote for a party that constantly undermines itself.

I know what you mean about it being a wasted vote, but it's also an attitude that annoys me. Maybe if everyone voted for what they actually wanted, there might be a different result. It was mentioned in the other thread about football like support for political parties being wrong, and it is. In reality there should be no safe seats, or swing seats, it's 0-0 at the start and people should listen to all the policies and decide a fresh. It something the Lib Dems should tap into, and point out that if all those people who didn't vote for them because it'd be wasted actually did vote for them they might have a few more seats. But I'm not having a go, I know where you're coming from, because your attitude isn't born out of your own failings it's born out of the knowledge that others won't properly engage in the process and will just blindly put an X in the same box they always have.

46 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I know what you mean about it being a wasted vote, but it's also an attitude that annoys me. Maybe if everyone voted for what they actually wanted, there might be a different result. It was mentioned in the other thread about football like support for political parties being wrong, and it is. In reality there should be no safe seats, or swing seats, it's 0-0 at the start and people should listen to all the policies and decide a fresh. It something the Lib Dems should tap into, and point out that if all those people who didn't vote for them because it'd be wasted actually did vote for them they might have a few more seats. But I'm not having a go, I know where you're coming from, because your attitude isn't born out of your own failings it's born out of the knowledge that others won't properly engage in the process and will just blindly put an X in the same box they always have.

Once again the Lib Dems had a chance to put PR on the table and did a Tottenham-esque bottle job on the whole issue.

SNP, Green, Labour - 76%
Lib Dem, Plaid Cymru - 60%
Sinn Fein - 52%

Conservatives - 40%
DUP - 31%
UKIP - 24%
BNP - 22%

However, looking at some of the x supporters believe this... section, I don't think they've sorted out the website at all yet.

I side with Plaid Cymru on most issues, wow as i've never been to Wales!, of the three main parties i have most in comman with labour!

Plaid Cymru 75%

SNP 72%

Labour 67%

Democratic Unionists 65%

Liberal Democrats 65%

conservative 63%

Greens 62%

UKIP 61%

Sinn Fein 61%

British National 58%

Archived