Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Out of Contract Signing

24 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's Already on £80k p/w and he's 34. Considering he won't cost a thing, his wages may even increase. 

What is it with you and players wages? Were a premier League club thats more than sustainable. 80k a week is the norm now unfortunately. 

If this is true I would think if it's agreed it's a player we know that has played Prem football recently.... my guess would be a Terry, Bojan or Defoe although I appreciate the last two of those names are not out of contract in the typical sense.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Darren Fletcher

100% yes.

He still gets up and down the pitch well for his age. Aggressive in the tackle and press. Experienced, knows the league & would be a reliable option to have in the squad.

11 minutes ago, Blodge said:

If Defoe really does have the relegation clause in his contract,could it be him? 

I know we were linked with him when he was in the US before moving to Sunderland. So fits the bill in that sense.

He would be a great signing imo, a proven premier league goalscorer that will take a lot of pressure of Vardy. 

He wants 115k/week on a three year deal because there is no fee involved

depends what overall budget you think is reasonable for him 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He wants 115k/week on a three year deal because there is no fee involved

depends what overall budget you think is reasonable for him 

Where does it say he wants 115k a week?

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Is he being let go? He's their captain.

Some rumblings he might be looking for a new challenge. I would have him here, he's a leader and a great professional. Not to mention he's still got bundles of class. He's not a standout improvement on Drinkwater but if we are to clear out some deadwood and have a much more efficient squad then Fletcher would be superb for us.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some rumblings he might be looking for a new challenge. I would have him here, he's a leader and a great professional. Not to mention he's still got bundles of class. He's not a standout improvement on Drinkwater but if we are to clear out some deadwood and have a much more efficient squad then Fletcher would be superb for us.

Bit old though isn't he? 

And before anyone says Cambiasso blah blah, Fletcher is not in his bracket

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That's what Bournemouth are reported to have offered him. Three year deal with an option for four.

Bournemouth now 1/8 to sign him, so looks like this could well be true. Apparently they're signing Begovic too, a decent transfer window for them by the look of things. Let's hope Rudkin can get his act together this summer

Love Defoe, great player and seems a great guy but not sure he is suited to our style and if he wanted to play every week it might restrict us?  If he was happy to come and play a bit part (a la Phillips) he would be an amazing signing but not sure he would want that.

The Fletcher suggestion is interesting, genuinely good footballer and winner.  We'll see. X

21 hours ago, Blodge said:

£28 on another unproven overhyped foreign player, or 80k wages on a proven, premier league striker, who has still got it? Easy decision for me

£28 for a player

Hm mmm let's think Yes he will be sh1t.

Archived