Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leicester City's 2017/18 kits thread

18 minutes ago, Jamiebux said:

Shared an article from may 2016 in another thread  which was interesting. This is part of the article near the end . How much is true I don't know . 

Not sure how to post the article sorry. 

IMG_3208.PNG

A perennial champions league qualifier - oops.

lollollollollollol

59 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

The shoulder pattern on that Chesterfield kit is damn awful, even more so when it has the PL badges stuck on. Ugh.

It'll look even worse with a sponsor on one of the sleeves, as will be happening in the Premier League next season.

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

It is Puma again.

I have a feeling that it will be the Chesterfield template, but with gold instead of white and the collar + sleeve trim blue, not white.

Good source right here! ;)

Genesis contract has ran out so we've either re negotiated that or signed up properly with Puma

Either way, everyone needs to realise the design is still done at Puma HQ (seen this first hand) the only difference is the mass production/lower quality and none exclusivity to the design, done through the third party, in this case genesis.

21 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Ok so let's review that:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leicester_City/Leicester_City.htm

In our entire history until 2013 we had yellow (not gold) on a grand total of 2 home kits. In both of those this was less prominent than white. Not once did we have a metallic gold colour.

That colour started to feature in 2013/14 and has done in the 3 seasons since. The latter 2 have had more gold on the kit than white.

If you didn't notice the change to gold and don't have a problem with it, I'd actually suggest you've only started supporting us in the last 3 years.

The apathy from so called football fans is quite embarrassing actually. A bit of success and you'll let the owners do anything they like and will delete the posts of anyone who questions them.

Ok so let's review that Mr Patronising:

You've added the words 'home kit' there, I never said just on our home kits. Funnily enough I started supporting us when we were wearing a blue kit with and orange trim in 1996, there was also a lovely yellow/orange away kit at the time, how about next you go back through our history and count the yellow away kits we've had. 

You've also conveniently ignored the fact we've had a big ****ing yellow/orange fox on our kit for decades too. 

Really my only point here is, if you care about the difference between yellow, orange and gold you need to reassess your priorities in life.

That Chesterfield shirt is god awful! Grandad shirt style and trim is way too wide. 

Italy template with some tweaks (darker blue) would be ace. As would their white away kit. Shame we didn't go for it as Champs and gold it up! 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

It'll look even worse with a sponsor on one of the sleeves, as will be happening in the Premier League next season.

Didn't even realise this was happening - "Official Sleeve Partners" lol

Think we had "Visit Thailand" on the back of our shirts in the Championship, hopefully we have something a little less cheesy next year

1 minute ago, CockneyFox said:

Didn't even realise this was happening - "Official Sleeve Partners" lol

Think we had "Visit Thailand" on the back of our shirts in the Championship, hopefully we have something a little less cheesy next year

Bring back Radiator Factory 

4 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

That Chesterfield template is ****ing gross. I would buy one just so I could puke onto it and then take it back to show my disgust. I might even wipe a little bit of poo on it as well. Yes, definitely some poo.

Or you could just not buy it tbf

23 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Ok so let's review that:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leicester_City/Leicester_City.htm

In our entire history until 2013 we had yellow (not gold) on a grand total of 2 home kits. In both of those this was less prominent than white. Not once did we have a metallic gold colour.

That colour started to feature in 2013/14 and has done in the 3 seasons since. The latter 2 have had more gold on the kit than white.

If you didn't notice the change to gold and don't have a problem with it, I'd actually suggest you've only started supporting us in the last 3 years.

The apathy from so called football fans is quite embarrassing actually. A bit of success and you'll let the owners do anything they like and will delete the posts of anyone who questions them.

You say Gold, Orangey-yellow, 

I say Potatoe, Potarto, Tomato, Tomarto,

lets call the whole thing off!

20 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Bukta have brought out a lot of 70s shirts recently.

Likely though Admiral have a lot of influence in our retro line.

I'm a bit disappointed there isn't more retro polo shirts and track tops as well as old match shirts being reissued,

You ought to drop the club a line.

i did so a few years ago about the ind coope shirts and john bull ones and after a year or so they started stocking them.

i do like that bukta one in blue and the white away one. 

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I hope there's an option to buy a long sleeve shirt this time.

they do the blue and red

in long sleeve. i wanted the white one! :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, RGFox said:

You ought to drop the club a line.

i did so a few years ago about the ind coope shirts and john bull ones and after a year or so they started stocking them.

i do like that bukta one in blue and the white away one. 

I'd love if Admiral did retro polo shirts and tracksuits but it would more than likely have to be evidence of something they wore in the 70s or 80s. Considering the terraces were tight back in the day and made up of non branded jackets and the like the merchandise wouldnt be as prominent in old videos as it would be now.

Puma wouldn't be keen either if the clubs Retro casual wear started affecting sales of current stuff.

Does anyone have any pictures or links to any Leicester Admiral non-matchday stuff?

I remember how I felt when certain releases took place. Years ago it was a much bigger event, as it was a two year kit, so it was much more important that they got it right.

Going back to 76, the admiral launch was just the biggest launch you could imagine as it was commercial for the first time, admiral badges around the arm, suddenly the football shirt world had changed and we were part of it.

Scoreline was desperate. After years of Admiral and Umbro, this extremely poor shirt came out, under a brand nobody heard of. It was woolly on the inside and a terrible decision. It was woeful.

Bukta came out of the blue. An old brand and a great kit in both formats. Still iconic today and as well received at the time of launch.

The Jako one was the worst I have ever seen. The quality was appalling and the cheapest made shirt you could imagine. 

Now we get a new version every year it's not the same. We get some great kits, but maybe only wear them in a couple of matches. Last years white one is a good example.

35 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I remember how I felt when certain releases took place. Years ago it was a much bigger event, as it was a two year kit, so it was much more important that they got it right.

Going back to 76, the admiral launch was just the biggest launch you could imagine as it was commercial for the first time, admiral badges around the arm, suddenly the football shirt world had changed and we were part of it.

Scoreline was desperate. After years of Admiral and Umbro, this extremely poor shirt came out, under a brand nobody heard of. It was woolly on the inside and a terrible decision. It was woeful.

Bukta came out of the blue. An old brand and a great kit in both formats. Still iconic today and as well received at the time of launch.

The Jako one was the worst I have ever seen. The quality was appalling and the cheapest made shirt you could imagine. 

Now we get a new version every year it's not the same. We get some great kits, but maybe only wear them in a couple of matches. Last years white one is a good example.

It's exactly why I'll pick and choose which to buy. Surprised so many will buy a £45 home shirt regardless. 3 kits a season is scandalous, but has sadly become the norm.

Archived