Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

On 17/07/2017 at 17:41, Buce said:

Not really.

The Scots are largely of Hibernian Celt descent, the English a more mongrelised mixture of mainly Anglo-Saxon, Jutes and Danes.

This is only correct insofar as "The Scots" were one of many peoples to settle within what is now Scotland.

Angles other Germanic settlers (i.e. "the English") within Northumbria extended well into South Eastern Scotland.  Their language became lowland Scots, a close relative of English.

The Strathclyde British, the original inhabitants of the mainland south of the Clyde spoke a language close to Welsh, and their lands and culture were closely related to and intertwined with those of the original inhabitants of Cumbria (known as Rheged).

It is not completely known, but is thought that the Picts also spoke a Brythonic (related to Welsh) language.

The far North of Scotland and the Isles were invaded and occupied by invaders of Scandinavian descent from the last quarter of the first millennium.

The Hibernian Celts (who were known as Scots) were one tribe who invaded from Ireland and imposed their culture on the Picts, via dynastic alliances with the rulers of the Picts. They started their invasion via the islands and peninsulas of Argyll (the land of the eastern gaels).

So, if you differentiate "The Scots" from "The inhabitants of the lands which became Scotland" the picture is more complex. 

Anyway, is Riyad Mahrez going to Roma, to Arsenal or is he staying put, or what?

[sorry, I was bored whilst waiting for my work laptop to do an interminable software update]

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Can see Neymar going, and Barca buying several replacements with the cash, inc Mahrez at about £30m

I doubt it. 222 mil + 30 mil/year salary is too much for 1 player. Plus Neymar hasn't even agreed to anything

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

This is only correct insofar as "The Scots" were one of many peoples to settle within what is now Scotland.

Angles other Germanic settlers (i.e. "the English") within Northumbria extended well into South Eastern Scotland.  Their language became lowland Scots, a close relative of English.

The Strathclyde British, the original inhabitants of the mainland south of the Clyde spoke a language close to Welsh, and their lands and culture were closely related to and intertwined with those of the original inhabitants of Cumbria (known as Rheged).

It is not completely known, but is thought that the Picts also spoke a Brythonic (related to Welsh) language.

The far North of Scotland and the Isles were invaded and occupied by invaders of Scandinavian descent from the last quarter of the first millennium.

The Hibernian Celts (who were known as Scots) were one tribe who invaded from Ireland and imposed their culture on the Picts, via dynastic alliances with the rulers of the Picts. They started their invasion via the islands and peninsulas of Argyll (the land of the eastern gaels).

So, if you differentiate "The Scots" from "The inhabitants of the lands which became Scotland" the picture is more complex. 

Anyway, is Riyad Mahrez going to Roma, to Arsenal or is he staying put, or what?

[sorry, I was bored whilst waiting for my work laptop to do an interminable software update]

Very interesting 

it's not looking great for Mahrez, he is Arsenal's second choice and Roma want to pay less than what they got for Salah.  It doesn't shout 'you're the main man'

He should get on the pitch in august or up to Jan and play himself into the move he wants. 

27 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

So what you are saying is the jocks are inbred? lol

34 minutes ago, thybluefox said:

You're on crack if you think Barca are going anywhere near Mahrez. 

Well Mahrez himself thought that.

RM Agent - "Hello, is that FC Barcelona?  Mr Mahrez will see you now."

Barcelona - "Nah, you're alright."

Hilarious that he came out and said that he was tired of waiting for Barcelona.  In the same way that I am tired of waiting for Beyonce to call.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well Mahrez himself thought that.

RM Agent - "Hello, is that FC Barcelona?  Mr Mahrez will see you now."

Barcelona - "Nah, you're alright."

Hilarious that he came out and said that he was tired of waiting for Barcelona.  In the same way that I am tired of waiting for Beyonce to call.

She's after a Leicestershire man"All the single Blabys"

4 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Well, obviously. 

I thought it went without saying. :whistle:

The thought of him leaving is making me more and more nervous. It was only a friendly today but the lack of creativity in the second half was quite apparent.

were now overloaded with defensive midfielders and no one to unlock a defence.

if he goes we need someone to come in and hit the ground running to replace him.

I Hope he stays 

9 minutes ago, mod hero said:

The thought of him leaving is making me more and more nervous. It was only a friendly today but the lack of creativity in the second half was quite apparent.

if he goes we need someone to come in and hit the ground running to replace him.

I Hope he stays 

Gray to the rescue man! 

16 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I Hope he stays 

It was so apparent

We're an industrious team without Mahrez, got nothing to offer but harrying other teams then hitting long balls for Vardy to get on the end of... No one capable of holding the ball & certainly not of creating something... Even in an uncompetitive game like that

Mahrez is light-years ahead of everyone else here, it will be a huge, huge loss if he goes

Archived