Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

It's in our interests to keep him until at least the end of this window. It may also be in the interests of Mahrez.

If he does well in those first few games (like today) it will increase his value as well as potential suitors. Managers may think... we are missing something. 

I hope he stays but if not we need to drag out as long as possible to get maximum value, Daniel Levy style. 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Take it you don't rate Gray much? 

Haha that just came out, it was organic, I do apologise.

The kids got potential but that's it. He's nowhere near Mahrez's level even last season when he was questionable.

The worry I have is that this transfer saga roles on until the end of August and he then moves we don't have time to replace him.

And before the Foxestalk keyboard warriors shoot me down and tell me there will be a contingency plan, we had a whole month to get a defender in and we got that Wague bloke in.

2 hours ago, mod hero said:

Miserable ball greedy bellsniff 

2 hours ago, cc_star said:

Doesn't pass

Can't beat a defender on the outside

Can't cross

Cuts inside & runs into dead ends... Every.Single.Time

Stand by my statement, lets revisit in 6 months ?

Shakespeare told Sky Sports: "He is in a good frame of mind. He is our player and until that changes, he has trained really well and there was no consideration to leave him out.

Mahrez has requested a move away from Leicester this summer

"You saw the quality in possession. He makes things happen, you see the quality of his goal. Of course, there are other little bits he needs to add to that and he's working on it.

"He's a little disappointed sometimes in his own performances as they all are naturally. I've always said his attitude in training and towards the game is good."

The match saw Leicester secure progression to a final against Liverpool using the new ABBA penalties format, with Marc Albrighton scoring the decisive kick.

The system - which follows the same order as a tie break in tennis - is being trialled during the tournament and Shakespeare has given it his backing.

a funny thing i saw on twitter. some swansea fans were saying that even though siggy and mahrez both want a move, mahrez is still playing and training with the team. but people will still find a reason to hate.

28 minutes ago, the fox said:

Shakespeare told Sky Sports: "He is in a good frame of mind. He is our player and until that changes, he has trained really well and there was no consideration to leave him out.

"You saw the quality in possession. He makes things happen, you see the quality of his goal. Of course, there are other little bits he needs to add to that and he's working on it.

"He's a little disappointed sometimes in his own performances as they all are naturally. I've always said his attitude in training and towards the game is good."

The match saw Leicester secure progression to a final against Liverpool using the new ABBA penalties format, with Marc Albrighton scoring the decisive kick.

The system - which follows the same order as a tie break in tennis - is being trialled during the tournament and Shakespeare has given it his backing.

a funny thing i saw on twitter. some swansea fans were saying that even though siggy and mahrez both want a move, mahrez is still playing and training with the team. but people will still find a reason to hate.

Siggy drops out of their tour with no warning to the club

Mahrez carries on doing his best for the club 

:schmike:

30 minutes ago, the fox said:

Spot on with your last paragraph. Mahrez gets a lot of stick. However, he is training posing for photographs and still putting up with Shinji falling over with a simple five yard pass. 

I desperately want  him to stay but the club has to give him reason to. If he does go, with blessings.

Please stay Riyad, you're our only weapon that teams cannot predict. I think he'll have a blinding pre-season and even start the season like he did in 15/16 and he'll end up going for £45-50 million near deadline day and it'll hurt like mad. Hopefully he'll have at least got us 6+ points on the table first.

1 hour ago, the fox said:

My top three irritations regarding the Mahrez thread:

Number 1 - Any criticism, however valid, is 'hate'.  Grow up.

Number 2 - "Can't believe you want to sell our best player" etc etc etc. - It is Mahrez that wants to go.  Not one person ever suggested selling Mahrez but he has stated his desire to leave.  Why is it that some people just cannot get that ???

Number 3 - Anyone that does want to see an unhappy player go (for the right fee) wants to replace him with a workhorse/journeyman.

Finally, comparing him with Siggurdsson.  Should we be grateful that he is actually doing his job that he is paid millions of pounds a year to do?

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Fair play to Mahrez for turning up, training and playing with the team, I respect and appreciate that, but why didn't he turn up last season - That's a hypothetical question by that way which has been discussed many times, further to that whether this reasoning is right or wrong it's fact - Mahrez needs to put himself in the shop window, Sigurdsson doesn't.

That doesn't excuse Sigurdsson and you could argue he's a bad apple, but it's true.

And as @murphy has said show me this hate, I see plenty of disagreement, debate but I see no hate.

I suppose I 'hate' Mahrez for daring to question him last season/suggest he's played well today (From what i've heard - i've not watched it yet) just to put himself in the shop window.

I want him to play well to put himself in the shop window for the record because if he continues/continued to play as he did last season he's no good to us or anyone else for that matter.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Fair play to Mahrez for turning up, training and playing with the team, I respect and appreciate that, but why didn't he turn up last season - That's a hypothetical question by that way which has been discussed many times, further to that whether this reasoning is right or wrong it's fact - Mahrez needs to put himself in the shop window, Sigurdsson doesn't.

That doesn't excuse Sigurdsson and you could argue he's a bad apple, but it's true.

And as @murphy has said show me this hate, I see plenty of disagreement, debate but I see no hate.

I suppose I 'hate' Mahrez for daring to question him last season/suggest he's played well today (From what i've heard - i've not watched it yet) just to put himself in the shop window.

I want him to play well to put himself in the shop window for the record because if he continues/continued to play as he did last season he's no good to us or anyone else for that matter.

Why didn't anyone, they were garbage in the main - Even the players with little else to their game but running around & being busy were generally awful

Could just be that he's a quality player

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

Number 2 - "Can't believe you want to sell our best player" etc etc etc. - It is Mahrez that wants to go.  Not one person ever suggested selling Mahrez but he has stated his desire to leave.  Why is it that some people just cannot get that ???

Number 3 - Anyone that does want to see an unhappy player go (for the right fee) wants to replace him with a workhorse/journeyman.

Finally, comparing him with Siggurdsson.  Should we be grateful that he is actually doing his job that he is paid millions of pounds a year to do?

What a load of garbage you have written. Look through the threads, folk were saying he should be sold last year as he wasn't trying. Loads of people wanted out best player sold.

When will folk bore off with "they get paid millions" folly, it's old it's tired it adds no weight to any argument. 

Mahrez attitude regardless of weekly wage has been excellent since he has returned to the club. He could have gone the other way as Payet did........

I suggest you have a think before you post next time.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

My top two irritations regarding the Mahrez thread:

about number 1, when you say he doesn't track back enough or he loses the ball too much, that's criticism.calling him names and accusing him of sulking even though he has a lot to lose like for example, his rep, a year of his prime and the geant clubs interest without any proof. now that! that's what we call hate

and about number 2, "not one person" lollol

and lastly, didn't say you should be grateful but atleast give him some credit. in the big picture (if you want to look at it that way)by demanding a transfer in the start of the summer, he gave the team enough time to find a good replacement instead of refusing to play for a move in the middle of august

Just now, cc_star said:

Why didn't anyone, they were garbage in the main - Even the players with little else to their game but running around & being busy were generally awful

Could just be that he's a quality player

They were all awful I have noted that many times but there was a change within the team and no change came from Mahrez.

You're right he is a quality player, who had an off season, which we could all have probably drew a line under but he caused this shitstorm and we have our valuation of him it's not our fault other clubs don't rate him within that valuation.

His "celebration" after his goal looked a little subdued

I'll miss him when he goes but he will go............. :wave:

Sigurdsson is good but sorry he isn't in the same class (on his day) as Mahrez

So, let's get used to the fact he put himself back in the shop window today.

I just hope it works out for him and us when it inevitability happens

1 hour ago, murphy said:

:appl:

Archived