Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

19 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

Rob Tanner:

Interesting that Shakespeare said he had heard of no bids for Mahrez #LCFC

Guess we will see how involved he is in the friendlies. if we look to be changing our formation not to have him wide on the right it tells me we are planning for him not to be here. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Guess we will see how involved he is in the friendlies. if we look to be changing our formation not to have him wide on the right it tells me we are planning for him not to be here. 

That's an interesting point actually.  I guess there has been a fair amount of planning for having a team without Mahrez.  For instance, I can envisage a midfield of Ndidi, Drinkwater and Iborra, with Slimani/Iheanacho and Vardy up front, meaning wing backs in the shape of Albrighton/Gray/Chilwell/Fuchs.  I just don't see where Mahrez fits.

If he stays then we perhaps revert to plan B?

13 hours ago, The_77 said:

I'm obviously in way over my head, responding to an intellectual heavyweight who thinks the massive number of Celtic fans around the world are all "sectarian bigots," and that they're a small club for it.

But keep grinding your axe at every opportunity, it's very charming.

Yes obviously . Hush now.

Just cannot see this Roma deal happening. With the Arse looking to go all in on Lamar we may very likely still have Riyad this season. Hard to see anyone in the top six taking him right now unless Conte wants him on the bench?

Nteresting times.

1 minute ago, FoxonMaui said:

Just cannot see this Roma deal happening. With the Arse looking to go all in on Lamar we may very likely still have Riyad this season. Hard to see anyone in the top six taking him right now unless Conte wants him on the bench?

Nteresting times.

Ndeed.

2 hours ago, FoxonMaui said:

Nteresting times.

Agreeed 

Is he really bettering himself by going to Roma or Arsenal for that matter ?

If the likes of Bayern , Barca or the two Madrid were interested I could understand. 

Suppose Roma have an outside chance of their title but can you honestly see them getting any further in the champions league than we did ?

Arsenal last won the title 13 years ago , are not in the champions league anyway and are normally humiliated when they are in it.

Shakespeare has said no bids have come in for him, i get the feeling that teams are just not sure about him for the price they would most likely pay for him! he's a niche sort of player that on his day is a  world beater but can also disappear in games., he probably feels in Italy he would get a hell of a lot more time and space on the ball than he would here so may thrive more over there and then maybe a bigger club would come in for him after a year or two in Italy! if Mahrez was British we'd be expecting over 40 million for him but because he's foreign clubs think they can get him on the cheap!

4 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Is he really bettering himself by going to Roma or Arsenal for that matter ?

lol

I get that we are all a bit biased, but they can both offer regular CL football and opportunities to win trophies. It's a no-brainer.

Whether he would settle for a Roma / Arsenal, or hold out for something more prestigious is a whole different question however.

7 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Brit Assombalonga goes to Boro for 15m and Roma think 20m is an acceptable amount for Mahrez. Go home Roma your drunk

Arnautovic going to West Ham for £23m makes Mahrez look very cheap at £40m-£50m

25 minutes ago, CockneyFox said:

lol

I get that we are all a bit biased, but they can both offer regular CL football and opportunities to win trophies. It's a no-brainer.

Whether he would settle for a Roma / Arsenal, or hold out for something more prestigious is a whole different question however.

calm down you gypsys fart

7 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Brit Assombalonga goes to Boro for 15m and Roma think 20m is an acceptable amount for Mahrez. Go home Roma your drunk

Assombalonga must be the luckiest man alive. A few years ago, he'd have left Forest to probably go to somewhere like Wolves for 750 k.

Now, in this mad mad world that is football, he's commanded a fee of 15 million quid! lol

He ain't a bad player but he's made for bloody life with one transfer AFTER hes been injured nearly all last season.

Lucky lucky bar steward.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/football/barcelona-five-replacements-neymar-leaves-camp-nou/

Riyad Mahrez

105048041_Mahrez-SPORT-large_trans_NvBQz  

Club: Leicester City

Fee: £40 million

Perhaps not quite as big a name as some of the other members on this list, but there is no doubt that Riyad Mahrez has wonderful ability. He was the PFA Player of the Year in Leicester's extraordinary 2015/16 Premier League winning campaign, scoring 17 goals and 11 assists.

With teammates like Messi and Andres Iniesta, that number would only increase.

However, with Neymar predominantly featuring on the left and cutting in from that side, he contrasts Mahrez in the sense that the Algerian operates best cutting in from the right, so perhaps wouldn't be considered as a like for like replacement for Barcelona and may force the Catalan club to have a change in tactics.

Archived