Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

1 hour ago, the fox said:

IMO he looked frustrated after he got isolated and the midfield offered no help to him moving forward. He was probably thinking how easily salah was getting balls threaded to him to put him one on one with the fullback while he was begging for a half decent pass.

I would like to say a james-n'didi partnership or a new box to box mid.

Totally agree with this, you could see from the first 20 that he was up for it, involved and we looked pretty potent in attack.  I think with James running out of steam, Liverpool started coming into it, and then he was increasingly isolated. Amartey didn't come forward nearly as much today, I guess in response to Coutinho being on the LW. I think this, plus a less dynamic midfield (no Ndidi) hurt Riyad (and the team) a little as Liverpool started to easily deal with our attacks.  

I might rewatch the game later with a bit more of a critical eye, but then again, probably won't! Haha 

30 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

Roma have agreed personal terms with Riyad Mahrez but the clubs are still in talks over a fee. [Di Marzio]

If this is true, which I can imagine is likely. I'd think this will be done within the next couple of weeks.

Roma know how much we value him at, so they wouldn't come in if they didn't think they would get close to it.

I'd be happy for Mahrez to go Roma, out of the Premier League, so he wont play against us, they are a big enough team so that he feels like he's getting an "upgrade", but small enough for him to still be their main guy.

Mahrez is a special player, one of those who can change games. He played no small part in winning the title for us. When he goes I will wish him nothing but well. For everyone's sake though he needs to make a move. He wants a glamour club and champions league football and I can't blame him. What he doesn't really want is to stay and make Leicester a club that can compete regularly at that level. For £35-40M let him go it is nearly all profit. Go and get Gylfi whatever it takes, give Gray a good run and start letting Lawrence have a chance.

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Really don't see the attraction of Roma. Next year will be a 2 horse race with Juve and Milan and they are selling their best players. Should hold out for a prem move or Spain.

Barcelona nor Real Madrid look likely to bid for him, that league is another 2 horser! 

Showed his class again today.

Some of the comments from our own fans about letting him go, him not working back and Gray can replace him just

demonstrates complete stupidity or lack or understanding.

All the big clubs have match winners be they an individual or a number who can win a game in their own.

All the clubs outside the Top 6 would

absolutely kill for a  Mahrez - he is absolute quality.

IF we are to lose him Top is spot on that we would need to replace him which is probably impossible even with £50m!!

I am desperately hoping that no one pays the money but when you see some of the money spent on players like Walker, Salah etc then I am bemused why someone hasn't spent £50m on him as I think he will be a bargain in a quality side.

Heres hoping he is here on 1st September 

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I have spoken to both Spurs and Arsenal supporting mates recently. The talk amongst them re Mahrez was that he went entirely missing last year and he is perceived as being moody and lazy. 

I think that is a spot on summary. That and his god awful penaltys

12 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I have spoken to both Spurs and Arsenal supporting mates recently. The talk amongst them re Mahrez was that he went entirely missing last year and he is perceived as being moody and lazy. 

Not  true many arsenal fans asking AW to sign even with selling sanchez as they understood that mahrez is playing without quality around him  and the match against liverpool  is a proof 

26 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

Not  true many arsenal fans asking AW to sign even with selling sanchez as they understood that mahrez is playing without quality around him  and the match against liverpool  is a proof 

How is the Liverpool match proof? Arsenal have a load of underachieving wet weekends in their team. We have plenty of quality in our team but mahrez seems to think he can do better so fair enough. Doesn't change the fact that spurs and arsenal fans I know don't want him because he is perceived as being lazy and a one season wonder

34 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

Proof he can play really well for 15 min (he did really look good) but that was it. 

Midfield players were flashing and the helping and combining with mahrez dropped , with top quality players around him if he creates two or three chances his job is done as Ozil , messi doing   Do with arsenal or  Roma this season mahrez will be in a  different level 

I senses this is hits last week as Leicester city player ( 22-29 th July ) since the CS  conference press and vichai declaration who set the minimum fee of 40?m is a message and answer to Roma next bidding 

4 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

Midfield players were flashing and the helping and combining with mahrez dropped , with top quality players around him if he creates two or three chances his job is done as Ozil , messi doing   Do with arsenal or  Roma this season mahrez will be in a  different level 

I senses this is hits last week as Leicester city player ( 22-29 th July ) since the CS  conference press and vichai declaration who set the minimum fee of 40?m is a message and answer to Roma next bidding 

Can you just bugger off now then ?

This forum is for people that support Leicester City and who can also write English grammar that people can understand.

You satisfy neither criteria so I don't understand why you are posting on this forum ?

RIYAD'S GUNS BID 

Leicester star Riyad Mahrez to reject Roma as he aims to push through £35million move to Arsenal

Algerian winger prepared to wait until later in the transfer window to join Arsene Wenger's Gunners

RIYAD MAHREZ wants to push through a £35million move to Arsenal.

The Leicester winger, 26, will reject Roma’s attempts to take him to Italy in a bid to seal a dream Emirates move.

He told the Foxes that he wants to leave the King Power this summer for a new challenge.

And the Algerian has set his sights on the Gunners.

He is ready to wait until late in the window when Arsene Wenger will be looking at his options — especially if Alexis Sanchez does leave.

Monaco winger Thomas Lemar is also on Arsenal’s radar.

However, the French club are reluctant to sell another star man.

That could lead to Wenger turning to Mahrez in a £35m deal before the transfer window closes.

200.webp#1-grid1

3 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Barcelona nor Real Madrid look likely to bid for him, that league is another 2 horser! 

Si, que, what?

manuel-fawlty-towers-bellhop.jpg

Reckon they've been monitoring him for a while and personally feel he'd adapt well there. His style of style would fit in with there's imo.

It's also his life-long dream of playing for them.

Plus, think Athletico Madrid and Sevilla will give those two a close shave next season in the league.

On 13/07/2017 at 13:41, Detroit Blues said:

My primary concern is losing demarai gray in the process because he's not going to get enough playing time. Getting the full asking price of Mahrez has to be the secondary concern.

why, mahrez is the better player.

if gray did come good, he would likely be poached the following summer anyway.

On 14/07/2017 at 20:10, NotTheMarketLeader said:

You are deluded.

Watch the title winning Mahrez again.

Direct, with a positive intent.

The total opposite of last season - timid and if not, over doing things and running up blind alleys - trying to beat 3 or 4 men when it was not necessary.

The answer to the latter issue was to pass to his ****ing team mates, but he become far too arrogant and self involved to even do the simplistic things.

'Same amount of effort over the three seasons'

Even the most partisan Algerians have not been daft enough to claim that! 

Check the stats on performance  if you don't believe me.

we all know his form wasnt as good.

but how does that translate to "lazy and shit" ?

is the lazy because he doesnt waste energy running around like a headless chicken?

I feel a lot of his problems last season was he spent too much time defending, he should stay forward with vardy more.

I also feel he plays better when he is central on the pitch not on the wing.

4 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

This forum is for people that support Leicester City and who can also write English grammar that people can understand.

You satisfy neither criteria so I don't understand why you are posting on this forum ?

TBF that would eliminate quite a few

7 hours ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

:o

Archived