Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Come alive Foxy

Oh hi there?. I saw that your agenda fell a bit back because riyad was preforming in preseason. Don't you think that its time restart it again? Unless you think this team without riyad is top 8 too?

55 minutes ago, the fox said:

The team had:

Two stone footed CBs, a fullback that can't overlap, no box to box mid, a second striker who is playing because he apparently "runs a lot" and a winger who's best attribute is his work rate!

Without mahrez, there are only 2 quality players (kasper and vardy, 3 max) in the team! That's top 12-14 max!

Spot on ...   And that bunch of talentless, stone footed losers ought to hand over their prem champions medals to Mahrez, Vardy and Kasper.   Sell the lot.

So those saying we have no talent apart from Vardy, Kasper and Mahrez are presumably suggesting that the rest (including the likes of players like Ndidi) are completely talentless? I know Simspon doesn't offer as much attacking wise as some fullbacks but his positional sense last season in my humble opinion was second to none. A team that manged

to get to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League the first time of trying I'd argue can't be made up of a largely talentless squad. Methinks some supporters need to change alligiance to Real Madrid or PSG because we're Leicester City. Made up of hard workers - who won the league the season before last. I'd love us to establish ourselves as a top six club, but when we look at where we were nine years ago - about to start a season in the third tier - to where we are now - with a premier league title and a season where we didn't embarrass ourselves in Europe - in all my thirty something years supporting the Foxes I cannot remember a better time - a time to be more optimistic.

I realise we're a victim of our own success. That it has given us all expectations - we've tasted glory and it's addictive. We have set the bar impossibly high. But I think the future is bright. With a little patience we'll be the team we all long to be. But don't expect us to achieve this over night. Don't expect us to take the easy route. Don't expect things to happen without a lot of tears and twists and turns along the ways. After all we're the  Leicester City and we don't know how to do things any other way. COYF!!!! 

1 hour ago, foxfan92 said:

1-So those saying we have no talent apart from Vardy, Kasper and Mahrez are presumably suggesting that the rest (including the likes of players like Ndidi) are completely talentless?

I know Simspon doesn't offer as much attacking wise as some fullbacks but his positional sense last season in my humble opinion was second to none. A team that manged

to get to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League the first time of trying I'd argue can't be made up of a largely talentless squad.

2-Methinks some supporters need to change alligiance to Real Madrid or PSG because we're Leicester City.

Made up of hard workers - who won the league the season before last. I'd love us to establish ourselves as a top six club, but when we look at where we were nine years ago - about to start a season in the third tier - to where we are now - with a premier league title and a season where we didn't embarrass ourselves in Europe - in all my thirty something years supporting the Foxes I cannot remember a better time - a time to be more optimistic.

I realise we're a victim of our own success. That it has given us all expectations - we've tasted glory and it's addictive. We have set the bar impossibly high. But I think the future is bright. With a little patience we'll be the team we all long to be. But don't expect us to achieve this over night. Don't expect us to take the easy route. Don't expect things to happen without a lot of tears and twists and turns along the ways. After all we're the  Leicester City and we don't know how to do things any other way. COYF!!!! 

1-Who said that? We are talking about real, top class quality! Players that can play for a top 6 team, and those are Kasper, vardy and mahrez! And am i taking crazy pills for saying that we need a fullback who can defend AND attack, a CM that can carry the ball upfield and a second striker/number 10 with end-product? All those players you can find with mid table teams!

2-Knock it off! What's wrong with wanting great players? if you like mediocrity than suit yourself, us want quality players and better brand of football, not hoofball!

Strike the iron while its still hot! We missed the boat by signing great players last season and look what happened

36 minutes ago, the fox said:

1-Who said that? We are talking about real, top class quality! Players that can play for a top 6 team, and those are Kasper, vardy and mahrez! And am i taking crazy pills for saying that we need a fullback who can defend AND attack, a CM that can carry the ball upfield and a second striker/number 10 with end-product? All those players you can find with mid table teams!

2-Knock it off! What's wrong with wanting great players? if you like mediocrity than suit yourself, us want quality players and better brand of football, not hoofball!

Strike the iron while its still hot! We missed the boat by signing great players last season and look what happened

How often do you refer to yourself in the third person? :blink:

I can see where @foxfan92  is coming from.

You know Leicester City for roughly two years now, he's known the club all his life. He has lived through ups and downs (but mostly downs). You've seen mostly glory and I'd say that thus explains your ambitions and expectations, it renders it a bit more understandable. Still...

I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, but you should have a bit more respect for people for whom this club means more than just Mahrez or Slimani (or both) and who've put a lot more time, money and heart in the club than you'll ever do. This is by no means meant in a belittling manner, it's just fact.

Most Leicester fans have seen the club struggling, but remained loyal. And they've also seen how fast things can go the wrong way with wads of money involved (for instance, avoiding administration or going back to the Eriksson era).

We've also seen lots of cash thrown around last summer and had to bear the consequences, the result was partly pathetic, partly embarrassing. A late surge in results saw us save face at least and the Champions League acted as a mere (but welcome) potion.

It's not about quality players per se, it's about quality players that fit and that embody our work ethic, players that blend in and identify with the club and its fanbase. Based on the 15/16 campaign and given last season's mishaps, one could think we should've learnt from past mistakes.

It may be a tough ask, but it's really that simple (from a supporter's point of view).

Also keep in mind that "wanting" great players is one thing, getting them on board another. As of right now, we still don't have the pulling power of the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, City or Spurs, and will likely never do so. We are a one-hit wonder and that league title was phenomenal.

But if you think the transfer window is like a candy store where you can simply buy according to your needs, you're sadly mistaken.

And then your new signings also need to blend in, become an essential part of the squad. That doesn't happen overnight. It's an organic process, so your impatience is your own hindrance.

If you want your club to sign "great" players every single summer/window, then I think you're better off supporting one of the aforementioned PL clubs, or one out of Barcelona, Real, Juventus, AC Milan, PSG or Bayern.

:nigel:

OK! Now I want mediocrity!! Sell any decent player the club has (not using "we" anymore because apparently it's a trigger word now)

The club didn't even try for great players, let alone signing them, (the best that the club tried was Silva)

Not disrespecting anyone here, if every time I say " sign a quality player" I receive " you are a new fan, you didn't know what the dark ages were" or "go support another club" than I will leave it be and never talk about such thing!

6 hours ago, FIF said:

Mahrez didn't play last season and we should've finished top 8 if the team hadn't capitulated against Bournemouth and Spurs.

Without Mahrez we're still top 8 and let's face it selling Mahrez will mean that TOP forces a "star" purchase. Mahrez leaves and we're top 6.

I don't get where that pessimism is coming from. I've never had you down as so negative.

Granted, Mahrez did go missing a lot last season and probably more so than others, but he wasn't the only one failing to live up to expectations.

At times, it felt as if the league title was a burden to them, not an honour.

Mahrez has lost a lot of face and sympathies over the summer, but if you think that selling him and replacing him is an easy thing to do, then you're highly likely in for a major disappointment.

He has yet failed to force a move (and probably will have to make up for his summer antics by fulfilling his contract or at least until January) and I can't see many other players being able to do what he can do (when he can be bothered). Also, Walsh is gone and our recruitment policy since has been rather... erratic. I can only hope that the people in charge have learnt from last summer's spending spree.

No way are we are a Top Six team right now and realistically will probably never be one, Top 8 is feasible (but requires a lot of effort). Last season saw us miss out on eight spot by a meagre two points, but that was a bit of a freak season, as we could've also ended much closer near the relegation zone. I'd love us to participate in the Europa League at some stage and/or pull off a FA Cup win in the near future, just to add to the experience and trophy cabinet. That is all. :D

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

OK! Now I want mediocrity!! Sell any decent player the club has (not using "we" anymore because apparently it's a trigger word now)

The club didn't even try for great players, let alone signing them, (the best that the club tried was Silva)

Not disrespecting anyone here, if every time I say " sign a quality player" I receive " you are a new fan, you didn't know what the dark ages were" or "go support another club" than I will leave it be and never talk about such thing!

Overreaction much? Bit of a diva, aren't we?

Just because you don't hear us go for the quality players you want us to sign, doesn't mean we're not interested in them or haven't approached them.

Not every contact makes its way to the news headlines, you know.

Besides, we are competing with other clubs in the market and whether a player wants to move depends on many factors, not just how many £££ you wave at him (or his agent or his current club).

4 hours ago, the fox said:

Don't worry you're entitled to your opinion , just as we are. 

Its only a football forum . :)

8 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

So those saying we have no talent apart from Vardy, Kasper and Mahrez are presumably suggesting that the rest (including the likes of players like Ndidi) are completely talentless? I know Simspon doesn't offer as much attacking wise as some fullbacks but his positional sense last season in my humble opinion was second to none. A team that manged

to get to the Quarter Finals of the Champions League the first time of trying I'd argue can't be made up of a largely talentless squad. Methinks some supporters need to change alligiance to Real Madrid or PSG because we're Leicester City. Made up of hard workers - who won the league the season before last. I'd love us to establish ourselves as a top six club, but when we look at where we were nine years ago - about to start a season in the third tier - to where we are now - with a premier league title and a season where we didn't embarrass ourselves in Europe - in all my thirty something years supporting the Foxes I cannot remember a better time - a time to be more optimistic.

Some sense on FT for a change. Excellent post of which I'm sure the majority of our longer supporting fans like me would 100% agree

10 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

And yet we should have finished 8th. Interesting. 

A simple victory against Bournemouth and we would have.

Have you seen how poor most of the teams in the prem are?

Even the top 6 are not much better.

41 minutes ago, FIF said:

A simple victory against Bournemouth and we would have.

Have you seen how poor most of the teams in the prem are?

Even the top 6 are not much better.

Most of those poor teams also spent a good chunk of the season beating us with alarming ease. 

Mahrez's form last season was no worse/better than Drinkwater or Vardy. Only Vardy put in a sustained run of form towards the end of the season. Without Mahrez (or a replacement of equivalent ability) we will not be troubling the top 6 any time soon. 

11 hours ago, the fox said:

Two stone footed CBs

Have a bit of respect please. Huth and Morgan are two of the best defenders we've ever had.

a fullback that can't overlap,

A fullback that can't risk overlapping because the winger in front of him does **** all defensively.

no box to box mid,

What's Wilfred Ndidi then? Danny Drinkwater? Matty James?

a second striker who is playing because he apparently "runs a lot"

A second striker who played because he causes mayhem and thus creates space for others.

and a winger who's best attribute is his work rate!

A winger whose best attribute is his crosses, you mean?

7 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't get where that pessimism is coming from. I've never had you down as so negative.

No way are we are a Top Six team right now and realistically will probably never be one, Top 8 is feasible (but requires a lot of effort). Last season saw us miss out on eight spot by a meagre two points, but that was a bit of a freak season, as we could've also ended much closer near the relegation zone. I'd love us to participate in the Europa League at some stage and/or pull off a FA Cup win in the near future, just to add to the experience and trophy cabinet. That is all. :D

How can I be a pessimist? I see us finishing top 8 and I believe that our owners WILL sign a bona fide star if Mahrez leaves meaning we can push for top 6. I don't think that's pessimistic.

13 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

Most of those poor teams also spent a good chunk of the season beating us with alarming ease. 

Mahrez's form last season was no worse/better than Drinkwater or Vardy. Only Vardy put in a sustained run of form towards the end of the season. Without Mahrez (or a replacement of equivalent ability) we will not be troubling the top 6 any time soon. 

Did you actually read what I wrote. I said that our team was rubbish for 80% of the season. I said that Vardy anf Fuchs the biggest culprits of underperforming were the two biggest reasons we won our 5 game run.

I said we're top 8 and challenging for top 6 if Mahrez leaves because I believe that the Chairman will ensure we get a replacement of better ability (certainly better than Mahrez of last year). 

Those seem to be the things you are saying. 

That's not really the point, he said that without mahrez we are a top 8 team.

Without him the team is capable of getting 8th, not because we're a great team but because the teams in the that middle area are much of a muchness. We played for about a quarter of a season last year and were a incorrectly ruled out goal away from finishing 8th. I'm not suggesting it will happen but I wouldn't rule it out.

What we achieved was never about having loads of amazing players, it was a perfectly working unit. and the vast majority of that unit is still in place.

Mahrez is a great player at times, but we played last season without him mostly. His input was limited compared to what someone with his abilities should have been doing. And please don't post a youtube video of highlights. 30 seconds of genius a game doesn't mean he put in a good performance. I could put you together a three minute video of Musa looking amazing.

27 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Without him the team is capable of getting 8th, not because we're a great team but because the teams in the that middle area are much of a muchness. We played for about a quarter of a season last year and were a incorrectly ruled out goal away from finishing 8th. I'm not suggesting it will happen but I wouldn't rule it out.

What we achieved was never about having loads of amazing players, it was a perfectly working unit. and the vast majority of that unit is still in place.

Mahrez is a great player at times, but we played last season without him mostly. His input was limited compared to what someone with his abilities should have been doing. And please don't post a youtube video of highlights. 30 seconds of genius a game doesn't mean he put in a good performance. I could put you together a three minute video of Musa looking amazing.

A free beer if you pull that off (don't cue his two goals against Barca please). Agree with the rest of your post.

A disallowed Vardy goal against Bournemouth was ,ultimately, the difference in where we finished.

Of that mid table group WBA finished highest.Do they seriously have a stronger squad than City? Are their players better? Chadli,who was out injured for part of last season,and,possibly,Phillips offered flair. The rest of West Brom'ssquad were no better than ours. It is this mid table group that,realistically,we have to better.

Mahrezwould be a big loss and difficult to replace. Even if we have targets in place that player(s) still needs to be integrated into the squad and become familiar with our style of play. It is Mahrez or his agent who appear to want to force a sale.If the club doesn't want to sell or no acceptable offer is received he will remain a City player. I will be happy with that.

15 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

A free beer if you pull that off (don't cue his two goals against Barca please). Agree with the rest of your post.

Everton performance, barcelona performance, Hull performance, Palace and Spurs performances. I've seen a few bits from preseason again this year that could make a clips video.

Neymar to PSG will kick off a free for all for the positions he can play in. Arsenal could lose Ozil, Liverpool could lose Coutinho etc etc. 

I think we'll see more movement on this then. 

I seem to remember reading somewhere that a lot of transfers can/cannot happen because of one domino falling/not falling - a lot of impatience with the transfer window is entirely understandable, but forlorn, because there is so much that is almost entirely out of the club's control. And this, essentially, is why the biggest clubs still hold the massive majority of the control - they can stick or twist as they please, and everyone below has to wait.

Archived