Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Redouane

Mahrez to .......................?

53 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's likely to be in two minds.

If Iheanacho comes, he could be tempted to stay. A talented and highly-rated player.

But, with Leicester not in the CL this season - Mahrez may well want to go to meet his dreams of regular CL football?

To Arsenal? :P 

55 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If Iheanacho comes, he could be tempted to stay. A talented and highly-rated player.

But, with Leicester not in the CL this season - Mahrez may well want to go to meet his dreams of regular CL football?

That's the issue, the only serious interest from in this country is Arsenal who are on Thursday nights, I think he'd be wise to stick at least till January, get a few good performances under his belt before he heads off. 

30 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

That's the issue, the only serious interest from in this country is Arsenal who are on Thursday nights, I think he'd be wise to stick at least till January, get a few good performances under his belt before he heads off. 

And that move could be to a club still in the CL where he would be eligible. Obviously cup tied for AFCON

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Regular CL football at the Emirats may be a thing of the past. The mighty 'we sign everyone' Everton might see them off.

Wantaway Leicester star Riyad Mahrez increasingly hopeful of forcing Roma move

The Algerian has already publicly asked to leave the Foxes this summer after speaking out at the end of last season

Riyad Mahrez is increasingly hopeful of getting his big-money transfer to Roma and is ready to force a move if necessary.

Mahrez has already publicly asked to leave Leicester this summer after speaking out at the end of last season.

Now the Algerian ace has his heart set on a move to Serie A to play with last season’s Italian runners-up.

Roma have had two bids for Mahrez, 26, rejected after offers of £20million and £32m for the former PFA player of the year.

But the Italian club are not giving up and expect Mahrez to help agitate for a switch if necessary.

• 18:08, 1 AUG 2017

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Wantaway Leicester star Riyad Mahrez increasingly hopeful of forcing Roma move

The Algerian has already publicly asked to leave the Foxes this summer after speaking out at the end of last season

Riyad Mahrez is increasingly hopeful of getting his big-money transfer to Roma and is ready to force a move if necessary.

Mahrez has already publicly asked to leave Leicester this summer after speaking out at the end of last season.

Now the Algerian ace has his heart set on a move to Serie A to play with last season’s Italian runners-up.

Roma have had two bids for Mahrez, 26, rejected after offers of £20million and £32m for the former PFA player of the year.

But the Italian club are not giving up and expect Mahrez to help agitate for a switch if necessary.

• 18:08, 1 AUG 2017

"hopeful of getting his big money transfer". Big money my arris - he would be taking a pay cut to go there......

If he stays until Jan knuckles down and plays like he did in the title winning side. He might get a chance to go to a major European side as he won't be cup tied for champions league. Injuries loss of form etc happen. Plus in Jan teams get desperate and we may get the 50m valuation. 

I imagine Mahrez is 2nd or 3rd choice target to a number of clubs and so still expect there to be some more bids coming in, as we get towards the deadline. I hope we have a back-up ready. I would be tempted to sign that back-up now anyway, as even if we keep Mahrez, we are still short of players with genuine ability to create things. 

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The prospect of Mahrez leaving is honestly scary. All of our play in the final third goes through him. 

I think we need to get converting one of our Midfielders into a CAM ASAP if he goes and we're not buying a replacement.....

If we lose Mahrez we would be insane to sell Gray & Lawrence. I'd honestly like to see those 2 feature with Iheanacho thrown into the mix.

Just now, Rusko187 said:

If we lose Mahrez we would be insane to sell Gray & Lawrence. I'd honestly like to see those 2 feature with Iheanacho thrown into the mix.

I just don't see either as good enough right now to take up that mantle. Lawrence plays in the correct position but is he good enough at PL level to receive and quickly move the ball on in tight spaces? with all that pressure on him? I think the formation needs to be tweaked as we'd need some creativity coming from the middle rather than getting it out to the wings and hoping Albrighton or Gray do something. Either Drinky or James need to be asked to play a more advanced role, not traditional thinking CAM '10' but more of a number '8' I feel with Ndidi / Iborra holding as the '6'. that's the best we have right now.

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

It would just be so young and inspirational. I'd love it. Plus Maguire, amartey, Chilwell, Moore and Barnes. We could have a respectable team with a great mix of youth and experience.

Archived